PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Is there any way to put a directory in the programs list? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=84962)

Zap! 09-15-2009 03:49 PM

Is there any way to put a directory in the programs list?

I have too many games, and just want the directory "Games" to be listed when I hit "Start." Even if I hit "All Applications" it lists every game individually, not the directory.

Yay 4 Juggs 09-15-2009 04:02 PM

Re: Is there any way to put a directory in the programs list?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zap! (Post 1167780)
I have too many games, and just want the directory "Games" to be listed when I hit "Start." Even if I hit "All Applications" it lists every game individually, not the directory.

depending on where the games are located you can move them into one folder say on your storage card...then create a shortcut to that folder using resco...that shortcut will then show up in the "all programs" list but the individual games will not.

Zap! 09-15-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 1167823)
depending on where the games are located you can move them into one folder say on your storage card...then create a shortcut to that folder using resco...that shortcut will then show up in the "all programs" list but the individual games will not.

They are in the default directory. All of my games are in /windows/start menu/programs/games. So the directory of games is already is in programs, but doesn't show up when I hit Start. I do not know what resco means.

Edit: Figured it out, copy and pasted the Games directory to Start Menu, thanks given! :)

Double Edit: I spoke too soon. Games shows up in Start Menu/All Applications, but when I click it it says it can not be opened. :(

sebo 09-15-2009 07:02 PM

what you do is this:

install game to program files or SD card.

select 'copy' on the game exe and paste shortcut to /windows/start menu/programs/games

you can rename the shortcut after you've pasted it.

Zap! 09-15-2009 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebo (Post 1168211)
what you do is this:

install game to program files or SD card.

select 'copy' on the game exe and paste shortcut to /windows/start menu/programs/games

you can rename the shortcut after you've pasted it.

That only puts the game into the Start Menu (when I click All Programs). Twice actually, since the game was already shown. I want the entire games directory to be shown.

sebo 09-15-2009 09:52 PM

sorry i mean windows/start menu/games

paste the shortcuts in there and when you view 'games' on start menu it will list all games.. that's what you want i assume?

Zap! 09-16-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebo (Post 1168652)
sorry i mean windows/start menu/games

paste the shortcuts in there and when you view 'games' on start menu it will list all games.. that's what you want i assume?

No, the shortcuts are all in the games directory already. I can't view the "Games" directory when I hit Start. I am using Touch Flo 3D and by hitting Start/All Programs EVERY game is listed, cluttering up everything. I just want The directory and only the directory listed, and no games to show up unless I click Games. But I can't click it, because it doesn't list directories. With TF3D enabled, the only way for me to see the Games directory is to go in File Explorer.

sebo 09-16-2009 05:10 AM

ok now it makes sense.. i forgot about touch flow since i was using the windows legacy start menu so that works like i mentioned above.

i will see if i find anything or come up with a hack.. currently i am trying to figure out how to make 4 columns show up on the touch flow program view.. it's too much scrolling with just one column.

junkzm3 09-16-2009 07:32 PM

Try what I posted here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ighlight=games

Zap! 09-17-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkzm3 (Post 1171382)

Thanks given, works great!