PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 01:53 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
[CHT2 Widget] - SimClock v3 - Next Generation MUST HAVE Widget with Extended Features

More Info can be found on Application Thread HERE

Hi again,

We have finally managed to get everything to work and we now are able to provide you with "THE ONE AND ONLY WIDGET". The Widget, that you NEED to have on your homescreen.
This is the SimClock v3.

After hard days of work dunc managed to get the script straight and the Widget got ready to be shared.

Again we obviously want to thank Poyensa for his amazing work on the settings menu, rat_2665 for his patience, support and guidance with problem functions in the scripts, MichelDiamond for his help with the required reg keys and everyone on the DreamTeam for the superb beta testing over the last few days as we got closer to release - without them we wouldn't have the perfect home screen widget!

Now take a look at this :

The SimClock v3 comes with many new features and a redone menu. The Installation is quite simple. Just uninstall any previous versions of the SimClock and then install JML Menu. You can find the link a little later in this post. After that just install the v3 cab and softreset

As you can see on the Screenshots we have included a function that lets you choose whether you want the panels displayed on top of the clock, or below, when you want to add the widget to you homescreen.

I wanted to start with the most impressive feature of the SimClock and this is most likely the new program panel we integrated, that can hold up to 14 quicklinks to programs You can access the program panel by pressing the black background of the widget. By default it is set to show 7 quicklinks. But if you press one empty quicklink you can choose to display 14 and choose the exe files you want to be inside the panel. Furthermore, if you want to you can set a costum icon for every quicklink
Another very interesting feature is the ability to set day and night switching options. You can set colors and opacitys in the new menu that change when you check, that you want Day/Night switching.
You are also able to enable a background png that switches day and night, too. If you want to edit the pngs, just edit SimClock_ClockBG_Day.png and SimClock_ClockBG_Night.png and overwrite to your windows directory. If you change back to not using a png then you have to restart sense.

These are the most impressive new features. Furthermore we added:

-Vibrate on Press
-Autoclose panels after a set time.
-Ability to set your own flashlight app.

We hope you enjoy this new Version of the SimClock and plz give us feedback

Quote:
We have finally managed to get everything to work and we now are able to provide you with "THE ONE AND ONLY WIDGET". The Widget, that you NEED to have on your homescreen.
This is the SimClock v2.

After hard days of work dunc managed to get the script straight and the Widget got ready to be shared.

Again we obviously want to thank Poyensa for his amazing work on the settings menu, rat_2665 for his patience, support and guidance with problem functions in the scripts, MichelDiamond for his help with the required reg keys and everyone on the DreamTeam for the superb beta testing over the last few days as we got closer to release - without them we wouldn't have the perfect home screen widget!

As you can see we added some very handy options and addons into this Widget.

But before I tell you what we added I want you to know, that you can edit EVERYTHING in this Widget!

Now for the new features. There now is an option that displays your next alarm time and if you want it can also display how long until your alarm starts. Furthermore we included dunc's Battery widget into v2 so that you now have the battery indicator in 4 different Layouts in 1 Clock widget.
We added a second comm toggle panel which holds switches for Flight Mode, Phone, Data (the data toggle is just a disconnect switch when connected, it doesn't reconnect), Wifi, Bluetooth, Profile and Flashlight. In addition we extended the Quicklink Panel of v1 with anpther quicklink for the File Explorer of you choice.

To access all this amazing features there are 3 Press Areas:

This should give you a quick overview. By repressing the minute and hour digit press areas you can close the Panels again.

Well now the Menu. I have made a little image for you, so that you can see the layout of the JML Menu brought to you by poyensa

As shown you can change the color of all Battery Layouts, the Alarm and the "Time till Alarm", the Background, the Digits, the Date line, and the Line. Furthermore the line and the Backgrounds opacity are editable.
The Battery addition comes in 4 Layouts: Text Battery, Circle Battery with value, Circle Battery with value and % and Circle Battery without value. This way you have the full costumization ability for this Widget.
The Alarm Time etc of course only shows up, if you have an Alarm set
You can also set the path for your favourite File Explorer which than will be accessable by pressing the sixth quicklink. If you are using Resco Explorer you would need to enter \Program Files\Resco Explorer\Explorer.exe.
For any other Programs like Total commander, just find the .exe and then enter the path and you are done

If you want to access all these features you should install the JML MenuSense which you can download here.
If you dont install this you cannot access the Menu, but all the other stuff should be working

Ok that should be enough info We now hope, that you enjoy this widget in which we put much effort and time. Have fun with it^^

V1..

Here's another great clock widget that brings us a few new options. This is a collaboration work between xda members Dunc001 and Nordpolcamper. "SimClock" comes with 4 layouts that define the appearance of the Date text. Amazing work coming from these guys!!

After a hard time getting this Widget and all the new features it contains ready, they are proud to present to you the SimClock Widget!

They also want to give tons of thanks to poyensa who integrated the MenuSense into the Widget and also scripted the .xmu-file!! Thank You!!

To access the extended Widget Settings Menu feature you must first have JMLMenuSense installed. They recommend you install "JMLMenuSenseV1.60.cab" made by JMHL which you can find here.

This is necessary, so please make sure you install this!!

So but now for the Widget:

The SimClock Widget comes in 4 Layouts. These Layouts define the appearance of the Date text, as you can see in the 4 Screenshots above.

That alone of course isnt it.

Now for the special features :

The SimClock's black background panel reaches the whole screen and is resizable in height. Also when you are resizing it the Clock itself always stays the same size. Only the Background and the line are being stretched.

The really cool stuff is coming now:

When you press on the Digits or the Date Text a Quicklink Panel will open beneath the Widget. Within this Panel there are 5 Quicklinks:

Alarm
World Clock
Calendar Tab
Tasks
Contacts

All of these Quicklinks work and take you to the respective tabs or menus

You can close this Panel by clicking on the Clock Widget again.

You should leave a little space beneath the SimClock Widget because if something is put right there, where the Quicklink Panel is supposed to be displayed, it will just be shown behind what ever you have put there. So leave a little space for the Quicklink Panel

If you want to place widgets like a weather widget etc onto the black background panel, you should keep in mind, that the SimClock will most likely be placed over the Widget. That is because the SimClock was the last Widget you installed.
To make it appear in the right fashion they recommend you to check your registry and uninstall the Widget you have installed after your BG widgets, if you are using them or if not, just any other widget which occupies a slot with a number from 1-10.
If you just install the SimClock after that it will be installed in that very slot and be placed behind all the Widgets which are installed in higher slots

Most of you will know, that you can change colors etc via registry. Thanks to the help of poyensa we managed to make this process a whole lot easier!

When you press on the Clock and let the Quicklink Panel appear you can press into the Red marked area on the screenshot. This will then take you to the Menu you see next to the screenshot.

Within this Menu you can easily change the Color of ALL components, which are the Background, the Line, AM/PM text, Hour Time, Minute Time and Date. Furthermore you can set the opacity for the Background and the Line. This makes it very easy for you to costumize your SimClock and make it fit your personal desires.
A short screenshot of how it could look like can be seen above on the very right screenshot

The installation of this widget is as easy as the procedure for all the other Widgets.
Just install the Cab and softreset

They hope you enjoy this Widget^^
Attached Files
File Type: cab CHTW_DT_SimClock.cab (327.3 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab CHTW_DT_SimClock_v2.cab (570.2 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab CHTW_DT_SimClock_v3.cab (863.6 KB, 64 views) Click for barcode!

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 04-07-2011 at 02:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: [CHT2 Widget] - SimClock - Next Generation Widget with Extended Features!

hey bro pass my thanks along to them these look great ...
Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [CHT2 Widget] - SimClock - Next Generation Widget with Extended Features!

This is the SimClock v2.

As you can see we added some very handy options and addons into this Widget.

But before I tell you what we added I want you to know, that you can edit EVERYTHING in this Widget!

Now for the new features. There now is an option that displays your next alarm time and if you want it can also display how long until your alarm starts. Furthermore we included dunc's Battery widget into v2 so that you now have the battery indicator in 4 different Layouts in 1 Clock widget.
We added a second comm toggle panel which holds switches for Flight Mode, Phone, Data (the data toggle is just a disconnect switch when connected, it doesn't reconnect), Wifi, Bluetooth, Profile and Flashlight. In addition we extended the Quicklink Panel of v1 with anpther quicklink for the File Explorer of you choice.

To access all this amazing features there are 3 Press Areas:

This should give you a quick overview. By repressing the minute and hour digit press areas you can close the Panels again.

Well now the Menu. I have made a little image for you, so that you can see the layout of the JML Menu brought to you by poyensa

As shown you can change the color of all Battery Layouts, the Alarm and the "Time till Alarm", the Background, the Digits, the Date line, and the Line. Furthermore the line and the Backgrounds opacity are editable.
The Battery addition comes in 4 Layouts: Text Battery, Circle Battery with value, Circle Battery with value and % and Circle Battery without value. This way you have the full costumization ability for this Widget.
The Alarm Time etc of course only shows up, if you have an Alarm set
You can also set the path for your favourite File Explorer which than will be accessable by pressing the sixth quicklink. If you are using Resco Explorer you would need to enter \Program Files\Resco Explorer\Explorer.exe.
For any other Programs like Total commander, just find the .exe and then enter the path and you are done

If you want to access all these features you should install the JML MenuSense which you can download here.
If you dont install this you cannot access the Menu, but all the other stuff should be working

Ok that should be enough info We now hope, that you enjoy this widget in which we put much effort and time. Have fun with it^^

Last edited by lnando84; 03-22-2011 at 02:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [CHT2 Widget] - SimClock v2 - Next Generation MUST HAVE Widget with Extended Feat

This is a real cool widget...

I thought I saw somewhere where you can change the size and type of text that the clock has? This only allows you change the color.. Where did I see that?

Also You may want to add the cab from JMLMenuSense I was browsing wih my phone and it took forever to get that settings widget. Just an idea you dont have to.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

You've been thanked!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:39 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Re: [CHT2 Widget] - SimClock v2 - Next Generation MUST HAVE Widget with Extended Feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
This is a real cool widget...

I thought I saw somewhere where you can change the size and type of text that the clock has? This only allows you change the color.. Where did I see that?

Also You may want to add the cab from JMLMenuSense I was browsing wih my phone and it took forever to get that settings widget. Just an idea you dont have to.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

You've been thanked!
You're welcome bro!! Changing the the font size, to my knowledge, isn't possible. But changing the font, on the other hand, is something you can do. Rename the .ttf file for the font you want to use to SimClockFont.ttf and copy it to windows overwriting the original provided with this widget. Either soft-reset or restart sense for the changes to take

Sorry but JML asked for everyone not to mirror his cab, so I'm def going to respect his wishes. I provided links above to his thread..did you miss it?

Edit: I just made the font alil bigger and red to make it easier to find the link

Last edited by lnando84; 03-22-2011 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:16 AM
Almost a VIP

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Inando,

Im using this widget but im curious if you know of a good weather widget.that can supplement this. The standard clock widget only offers the weather widget with the clock..

Do you know of a weather widget thats not too busy just a simple widget that links to the weather tab.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

fishboy is becoming a great contributor

Try the B&L Weather Widget: [UPDATE 01.04.2011] CHT widget B&L_Group Weather Widget v.4.1 - xda-developers

It doesn't link to the weather tab (nor can you have it luanch a weather app) bet it can show 5-10 days of weather and can be resized to fit within the clock border.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP

Thanks but not a fan of that at all.

I like the simple layouts..
Old 04-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Inando,

Im using this widget but im curious if you know of a good weather widget.that can supplement this. The standard clock widget only offers the weather widget with the clock..

Do you know of a weather widget thats not too busy just a simple widget that links to the weather tab.

Thanks
Hi ModmyPPC,

Yea actually there is standalone weather widget. Cookie made it in addition to the one in the main clock. Features 2 layouts, both resizable. The second layout is pure eye candy when enlarged. I attached it below for ya. Let me know how it works out.

P.s. SimClock v3 will be available soon(next few days)..we're in its final testing stages right now..
Attached Files
File Type: cab CHTAddon_WeatherWidget_v1.0.cab (29.2 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
Hi ModmyPPC,

Yea actually there is standalone weather widget. Cookie made it in addition to the one in the main clock. Features 2 layouts, both resizable. The second layout is pure eye candy when enlarged. I attached it below for ya. Let me know how it works out.

P.s. SimClock v3 will be available soon(next few days)..we're in its final testing stages right now..
Yeah stupid me, I already had it saved on my sd card and I was like "Whats this? " and it was that exact widget. lmao

Im such a dummy. But thanks for the reply! And thats awesome news this widget is amazing! I was just checking out the different themes that is over xda and I must say amazing stuff!

Too bad these themes dont get as much attention here!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software