PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
[Widgets] rat_2665's CHT 2.0 Weather Widgets (LG Optimus)

Here's a great clock/weather widget I found made by XDA member "rat_2665" for CHT 2.0. Please read all info as there are directions for uninstall.

Quote:
News

[6/3/2011]
LG weather clock widget version 1.4 is mostly the version for the new installation process for the weather widgets (see below). But it has also a new function (picture in post 5):
- Left button shows the last update time, press it for weather update.
Weather forecast widget. Look in post 5.
Please read the installation and deinstallation instructions for both widgets!!!

[26/2/2011]: Because of a failure in the cabbing process v 1.2 contained still the files of version 1.1. Take the new v 1.2b.

[25/2/2011] LG weather clock widget version 1.2 has two bug fixes:
- AMPM doesn't update,
- false manila name for a background image.

[23/2/2011] The new LG weather clock widget version 1.1 has some fixes and two new features:
- all remaining references to the original manila images are substituted. So you can use your own modded weather image files without interfering with this widget.
- new date form yyyy.MM.dd
- AMPM Problem for scripts with non latin letters solved.
- a workaround for the accuweather link for "my location". It uses now instead of the accuweather code the name of the city in the URL. So if the name is unique the link leads to the detail side else to a list of the cities with the same name.

You can install this cab over the installed version.

LG Optimus Weather Clock widget

When I saw the first pictures of the LG Optimus I was fascinated by the impressive weather widget. So when Sony_Ericsson_X10 posted the android LG Optimus weather/home widget it was my intention to port this to WinMo/Manila. Because CHT is a really nice platform for developing such things you get a CHT Widget.

The widget is an enhancement of Co0kie's weather widget. It uses what you get in Manila/Sense. So there is no "real feel" field like in the original widget. Also the accuweather link works only for the citys in the word clock list, not for "my location". I will post later an explanation of the structure and the changes. Here now a little description:

- Instead of changing some weather icons here the whole background image changes.
- The animations are adapted manila ones.
- It has four layers: two date forms with or without background.
- Tap on the clock for the worldclock view, tap on the weather for the manila weather tap.
- For cities of the world clock list you can tap on the right button for the accuweather details. It starts the web browser.
- For all Anastasia fans there is an Anastasia background. Install the widget and then the Anastasia Addon cab.

Because the widget contains over ninety files (background images, clock numbers, modificated weather images) it is nearly 7 MB!

Deinstallation

For working a reference in a library (3a8e04af_manila) had to be added. That's no problem during use. But at deinstallation this file will be deleted. That's why if you deinstall this widget don't, DON'T soft reset during the deinstallation. Tip "No" at all prompts. Then install the CHTWidget_rat_LG_WeatherClock Original Restore.cab. It contains the original 3a8e04af_manila. Now you can soft reset.

Further development

The left button is still blank. In the original widget there is an update function. Another possibility is to show a weather forecast. I'll look into it.

Disclaimer

Manila/Sense on many (cooked and stock) ROMs with many versions is sometimes very fragile. So you do this on your own risk. I hope, it works well, and will do what I can for all with troubles. But please make a backup before installing!
More Info can be found on the Application Thread HERE

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 03-07-2011 at 12:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [Widgets] rat_2665's CHT 2.0 Weather Widgets (LG Optimus)

For a first overview look at the attached zip. It contains the workspace and some additional files of the widget kitchen. A basic list of the files and the structure is in the manila files LG weather clock widget version1.txt file.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

[25/2/2011] LG weather clock widget version 1.2 has two bug fixes:
- AMPM doesn't update,
- false manila name for a background image.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:11 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

[26/2/2011]: Because of a failure in the cabbing process v 1.2 contained still the files of version 1.1. Take the new v 1.2b.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Weather Forecast Widget

This weather forecast widget is a cooperation between mrhayami and me. For a long time I've been trying to develop a simple weather widget, that uses the Sense weather basics without success. Then mrhayami really gave me a crucial advice (not only for this widget but also for the LG Weather widget), we tested together and he integrated his own layer (the left layout) into this. The other two layouts are like the Sense weather tab . What else you get:

- six layers: a five day forecast with today with and without background, a four day forecast without today (like in the Sense weather tab) with/without Background and little stripes between the days and mrhayami's layout.
- If you tip on the widget, it updates the forecast. Last update time is to be seen in two layouts.
- Resizing is possible. In max scale layout 1 and 2 fits the size of the screen.
- It uses only the Sense weather values, images and animations. So every mod of the Sense weather images is also to be seen in this widget.

Installation!

The change of the library 3a8e04af_manila in CHT caused and will cause permanent trouble in updating the widgets. Because the new weather forecast widget uses the same concept as the LG widget I took another approach for both widgets. The modified 3a8e04af_manila file is a separate cab that has to be installed only once before both widgets. The widgets don't contain the library. So you can install and deinstall the widgets like any other. The modificated library is still there and doesn't disturb any function of CHT.

So the new installation process is:
- install the CHT_rat_Weather_Library.cab, say yes to all prompts.
- install any or both of the widgets (LG version 1.3 or higher, weather forcast 1.0 or higher), say yes to all prompts.

the new deinstallation process is:
- use the deinstallation procedure of WinMo, say yes to all prompts.

Last edited by lnando84; 03-07-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:53 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Here's the workspace of the widget.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software