PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
[Theme][SK-i Based] WALLs (7-panel Theme for CHT 2.0)

Here's a new CHT theme brought to us by XDA member "jsmccabe78". It's based off of the cht blue sk-i theme and calls it "Walls". Check it out below..

More Info can be found on the Application Thread HERE

WALLs Concept
With the development of CHT 2.0 and CHT-Scheduler we have been able to install and save themes as easy as changing wallpapers. However, often the limitation it seems is these themes are set to three panels to fit the background image. Now, with Dunc001's SK-i theme/concept this limitation no longer applies and we can truly theme fully for CHT 2.0. My idea is to begin this idea; start with SK-i and see what happens. I guess this is a theme, but I am hoping for more of a concept - and a hope that others will follow suit! Hope you enjoy!

Before Installing Anything (Prerequisites)

WALLs is based on SK-i. So it goes without saying that you MUST have SK-i installed first. Find SK-i HERE. My cabs are simple and mainly skins (with some altered registry values.) They are not widgets/stand alone applications. So some simple things before installing any of my work:
1- Install SK-i as seen HERE - this is a must. Without this, my cabs will do nothing!
2- BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You can remove my cabs, and the original files are given, however best to back up. I would:
a- Using CHT-S do full Sense backup (always a good idea before installing other stuff...)
b- Using JMWD do a theme backup

Announcements
1- First WALLs are up! (Feb 17 2011)

To do
1- Music / Media Wall
2- Lockscreen

WALLs Index
Post 1 - Concepts, Prerequisites, Announcements and To do List
Post 2 - WALLs version 1
Post 3 - Editing WALLs to fit your style
Post 4 - Reserved for future WALLs

Massive Thanks
Dunc and his background widgets! Rat for his amazing clock. To all the random artists and their icons. And to Anke-Art for his squeaky chalk font. And of course Co0kie and Michel Diamond for CHT and CHTS.

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-23-2011 at 06:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [Theme][SK-i Based] WALLs (7-panel Theme for CHT 2.0)

Before Installing Walls
1- Download the WALLs_v1.zip at the end of the post. This contains everything (available in cab, individual files and even original cabs if uninstalling does not work.)
2- Install "WALLs_Platform_v1.cab" which installs: sidebar icons, freelink dock, softkeys, toggles, page indicators and notification bubbles
3- FYI each cab will a) change the SK-i background widget to a suitable Wall name, b) exchange the appropriate manila file and c) change the registry so the widget's width is 256 and height is 512.
4- Note: Walls are numbered left to right
5- Note: I intentionally left the bottom part (the "wood floor") clear as I tend to swype there with my thumb. But it is ripe for editing!
6- Wallpaper is included in the zip

WALL 1: Programs

Idea: Shelf outlay for your regular use
Installation:
1- Install WALL1_Programs_v1.cab. Long hold on Wall 1 and add "Programs Wall."
2- Add desired "Free Links"

WALL 2: Friends

Idea: Picture frames for most called contacts with specific programs
Installation:
1- Install WALL2_Friends_v1.cab. Long hold on Wall 2 and add "Friends Wall."
2- Add desired friends via contacts in "Free Links"
3- Twitter application - exhchange icon using JWMD
4- New All People Addon Link(under Miscellaneous) - as installed with SK-i
5- Facebook application - exhchange desired program's icon using JWMD

WALLs 3 and 5: SMS and Email

Idea:The paintings are Mark Rothko. Easily exchanagable. Notice, though, that the email/sms qtc file has been enlarged (simply using more space to give it a framed look) if you change it!
Install: WALL3_5_SMS_Email_v1.cab
Installation:
1- Install WALL3_5_SMS_Email_v1.cab. On Wall 3 add SMS (text) widget and Wall 5 add Email widget. Note: You must have the modified mode9 email modification installed from SK-i (this makes the email image on the home page separate from the tab page) for this cab to work.

WALL 4:

Idea: The main page. Clock, artwork, quick links. Fits what I like. Also very easy to put in a picture of your choosing (art, friends, family, etc.)
Installation:
1- Install WALL4_Home_v1.cab. Long hold on panel 4 and add "Home Wall."
2- Add Sidebar Icons (to quickly jump to different Walls)
3- Install: rat_2665's Regulator Clock and add to Home Wall
4- Add Toggle Switches (Post-It template is in the zip.)

WALL 6:

Idea: A simple highlight for looking at weather. The window uses the original weather widget and the screen uses B&L_Group Weather Widget v.3 by MoonNah.
Installation:
1- Install WALL6_Weather_v1.cab. Long hold on Wall 6 and add "Weather Wall."
2- Add Co0kieMonster's original weather widget or Dunc's [url="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11061658&postcount=5"]weather widget[/url.]
3- Add B&L_Group Weather Widget v.3 by MoonNah with or without Dunc's modification.
4- Using JWMD, exchange WALLs_Weather_icon.png (from the WALLs Icon folder) for your desired weather program (I use Mwunderground) or internet tab (see [url="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=632095"this tutorial)[/url].

WALL 7:

Idea: A new look on your calendar and tasks with quick links included.
Installation:
1- Install WALL7_Agenda_v1.cab. Long hold on Wall 7 and add "Agenda Wall". Add in you Calendar and Tasks widgets.
2- The word "Calendar" is actually an icon for the calendar program! Add it via "Add Free Link" under Miscellaneous
3- The word "Tasks" is also a program icon! Using JWMD, exchange your tasks prgoram icon for WALLs_Tasks.png in the WALLs Icons folder.

Extra Walls:
If you are keeping count, I have only used 5 of the 8 total background widgets available. The remaining 3 (2 from Dunc - manila files 72D50B6D_manila and 303E6A92_manila and 1 from Poyensa) I hope to use in the future.

Extra Icons:
In the WALLs Icon Folder are extra icons to have fun with. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip WALLs_v1.zip (2.49 MB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-23-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:03 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

reserved 2
Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

wow

I love all the themes you share with us Inando84

This looks awesome

Old 02-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
wow

I love all the themes you share with us Inando84

This looks awesome
That's exactly why I share them.. A) member's here appreciate it and B) these are some amazing themes!! There's lots of work put into making them so I feel like by sharing I'm helping the dev get his hard work out to more users. When my friend Dunc, from xda, created the Blue Sk-i theme he opened up a world of new opportunities when it comes to theme making.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software