PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 06:37 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84
BLUE SK-i for CHT - Advanced CHT Theme with many new features

Here's another AMAZING Theme made by xda member "Dunc001". You probably recall his Christmas theme. He calls this one BLUE SK-i for CHT and with its release also comes new goodies. IMO Dunc001 has really outdone himself with this one. I take no credit it making this..I'm just sharing this amazing theme!! Check it out below.

More info can be found on the application thread HERE

This isn't so much a theme as a showcase for just how far we can push CHT now. I have spent the past few weeks creating new widgets and quick/freelinks, editing and adding to existing core CHT widgets, editing core CHT lua and mode9 scripts and basically seeing if I could enhance the CHT experience for everyone. A huge amount of credit has to go to Poyensa, rat_2665, MichelDiamond and everyone else on the beta teams who have put up with my neverending requests for help and advice (a few months ago I had never so much as opened an lua script let alone have any knowledge as to how to write them!). Thanks in particular to Poyensa who's original background widget provided the spark for this whole idea, and to zaxXx from away back for creating the original page switcher widget which gave me the idea for one of the new sets of links.

OK, so over the next few posts I will explain to you screen by screen what has gone into the layout you see above. I will share all of the new and edited widgets, the new links, the icons, scripts, links, tweaks and everything else that makes it up. I'll also be posting the original photoshop files for some of the icons/softkeys/etc so you can extend the sets or edit them as you like. But as an initial overview of what there is to come here is a list:

NEW - Page Switch Quick/Freelink Set
NEW - All People (Contacts) Quick/Freelink
NEW - Calendar (Month View) Quick/Freelink
NEW - MinimalWeather widget
NEW - Extended Background Widget Set (7 in total - user definable) incl edited home mode9 file by Poyensa to allow up to 40 widgets and place all seven backgrounds behind nearly everything else on screen
EDIT - CHT Standalone Weather Widget - 3rd layout option added
EDIT - BL Weather Widget
SKIN - HD Mini Lock Slider and Notification Icons
SKIN - Manila Lock Slider
SKIN - CHT Music Widget incl edited lua and mode9 scripts
SKIN - CHT Standalone Clock (only because after everything else I couldn't be arsed making another widget )
SKIN - Quick/Freelink Icon Frame incl CHT_Freelinks lua edit so contact links show frame but internet bookmarks don't (needed for weather screen)
SKIN - Page Indicators
SKIN - Softkeys and dock
SKIN - Toggle Switches and Icons
SKIN - Email and SMS widgets including (if required) email widget mode9 edit so it now uses a different qtc image than the Sense email tab)
ICONS - for lockscreen quick launch of dialer and camera, and several other apps
Probably more stuff that I can't remember!

UPDATE - Friends screen modified again with addition of skinned RSS reader showing Facebook status feed. Click on the image to jump to the tutorial...

I also use the TouchX cab attached below to remove the top bar background where the page indicators/etc sit.

There are tutorials in the next seven posts showing you exactly what to do to set up each screen. Each post has the relevant widgets, links and icons attached along with URL links to any additional info or software you might find helpful. The BLUE SK-i Source zip attached to this post contains everything. Click on the following links to jump straight to any of the individual tutorials:

Page Switch Links Tutorial - includes new Page Switch Links
Background Widget Set Tutorial - includes new Background Widget Set
Friends Screen Tutorial - includes new All People Link
Weather Screen Tutorial - includes modified CHT Weather Widget
Agenda Screen Tutorial - includes new Calendar (month view) Link
Media Screen Tutorial
Lockscreen Tutorial - includes new MinimalWeather Widget

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks to:

co0kiemonster for CHT 2.0
MichelDiamond for the utterly amazing CHTS and Loco, and for all his help and guidance
Poyensa for his work on the original background widget, for the modified home.mode9 and for always being there when I need him!
rat_2665 for the massive amount of help and guidance he has given me getting to grips with lua (and helping me to make my widgets work!)
zaxXx for the original Page Switcher widget
Nordpolcamper for his excellent themes and for letting me bounce a lot of this stuff off him
BHS Interceptor for the massive amount of work he is doing with MD on making theme switching with CHTS even more amazing and for his help identifying some of the manila files I needed to find
Everyone on the CHT/S/A beta teams for all their help

Without all of you none of this would be possible

GUIDE TO THE EASY BITS OF THE THEME

The next few posts cover the new and more involved elements that make up BLUE SK-i and guide you through how to construct each screen. You will need an icon changer to apply some of the new icons to Programs (I use JWMD Icon Changer), and I've included CFCGUI in the Source zip in case you want to edit any of the manila qtc files. But to get you started here are some basic instructions for the centre screen and the email and messaging screens.

Getting Started - the CHT settings

The settings used in this theme are as follows:

CHT lockscreen enabled with HD Mini lock screen selected
One level with 7 pages and page 4 as default
Quick link and freelinks with icon frames, text background and text all hidden
All Snap to Position settings (freelinks, widgets, etc) set to 5 pixels
Enable lockscreen sliding set to On in Freelinks
CHT Softkeys enabled
Subtext colour for SMS and Email widgets set to 11,75,136
Enhanced Animation
Show Page Indicator
HQ Wallpaper
Subtext Color set to 173,233,255 (used by Appointments and Tasks widgets)
Don't Link to Widgets set to OFF so notification icons jump to email/SMS widget screens when pressed.

PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN POSTS 2 & 3 to install the new Page Switch Links and Background Widget set before you do anything else.

Then you need the following widgets installed (only install these after you have successfully installed the background set):

CHT Standalone Analog Clock - included in the zip folder
BL Group Weather Widget V3 - thanks to Moonah

The rest of the widgets are new or modified and are included later in the thread.

Centre Screen including toggle switches:

1. Page Indicators
2. BLUE SK-i skin for CHT Standalone Analog Clock widget
3. BLUE SK-i toggle switch set - only the ones shown are included but you'll find a link at the bottom of this post to the Token icon set so you can make your own if you need more. I made the Restart Sense one to match. The lightbulb icon is a Program freelink to Flashlight. Don't ask about the 3G/Auto toggle switch - I could tell you but I'd have to kill you (all I'll say is keep watching the CHTS thread for the next release...)
4. BLUE SK-i skin for CHT Softkeys and background

Email and SMS Screens:

The skins for the email and SMS widgets took a little bit of doing. I wanted the same look for them as the backgrounds on the other screens but you can't use light transparencies here because of the way messages are 'stacked'. If you try to use a transparent message background all you end up seeing is the text from the messages below so you can't read anything. So I took screenshots of the screens I was going to place the widgets on and then used those screenshots to select the exact section of the wallpaper that would be visible on those screens (Page 3 for email and page 5 for SMS). I then took a png copy of the existing email and SMS background qtc files and overlaid them on the relevant sections of the wallpaper image. I then selected the background shapes and used the selection to cut out the shapes from the wallpaper image. I then placed the cutouts over the original png images to get the positioning correct and deleted the original images. It was tehn just a case of adding the same semi-transparent black overlay as the background widgets (15% Opacity) to the new message backgrounds and adding some drop shadow to finish off. Converted them back to qtc using CFCGUI. It is then just a case of placing the widgets on the correct pages and positioning them so that the image lines up exactly with the wallpaper. I reckon the effect is pretty much spot on! I have included in the zip folder the Photoshop file I used for making them which is hopefully self explanatory if you want to try the smae thing with any other wallpaper of your choosing. I have also included the Photoshop file for the three small icons used in both widgets (new message, delete and menu).

Additionally I have edited the co0kieemail.mode9 file so that the email widget now uses a different background image to the Sense email tab so you don't need to worry about text colours on the email tab not showing up if the background you use for the widget requires a light text. If you want to add this tweak you'll find it in the zip in the Email/SMS folder in a subfolder named Email mode9 Mod. The manila name for the new qtc file is

The theme cab attached to this post will install all of the basic elements of the theme which do not require any additional widgets so basically the Page Indicators, core CHT toggle switches, notification bubble, softkeys and dock bar, music widget skin and mode9 edit, quicklink icon frame and CHT_Freelinks.lua edit, email and SMS widget skins. Each of these elements are also included in the zip folder individually as both seperate cab files and just as file sets if you just want to copy and paste.

The BLUE SK-i Source zip folder attached to this post includes a subfolder named 'Cab Files' which includes cabs for the various basic elements of BLUE SK-i, plus folders for each element of the basic theme which contain the actual files (manila files, pngs, etc) along with any relevant Photoshop psd files you might need to extend or edit to meet your own requirements.

The 1440x800 wallpaper is attached in the BLUE SK-i Wallpaper zip. I don't have any wallpaper set for Lockscreen in the Set Wallpaper screen so it just picks up the first 480 wide section of the main 1440x800 wallpaper.

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Wallpaper - Above_the_cloud_by_bo0xVn on deviantArt
Toggle switch icons based on Token set by awOken on deviantArt
Softkey bar based on one I found somewhere in the Android Themes forum - sorry, can't remember who it was by but thank you!
Clock skin is one I made based on THIS - thanks to vide infra for the screenshot
Media and social networking icons based on ones I found buried in THIS set by tiheum over at deviantArt (resized and reworked by me)

Some amazingly useful links for you:

Amazing library of icon sets HERE - by Falloutboy2000 in the Samsung Galaxy S Themes Forum
Amazing wallpaper sites - Wallbase and Interfacelift
DeviantArt for pretty much anything!
Amazing collection of free fonts over at dafont

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-03-2011 at 02:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Re: BLUE SK-i for CHT - Advanced CHT Theme with many new features

CHT Home Page Switch Links

OK, so let's get down to it! There are two really cool things at the core of BLUE SK-i, the first of which are the new CHT Page Switch Links. I knew from zaxXx's original Page Switcher widget that it was possible to create something which would let you jump directly to each page on the CHT widget level (Level 1) but wanted to have more flexibility. So I set about creating a completely new set of links to allow you to do just that.

Once you install the Page Switch Links cab and soft reset (the first of many many many you will have to do to get all of this to work!) you will find in the Add Free Link menu a new choice - Home Page Switch Links. So, long press on your home screen wherever you want to place a switch link, select Add Free Link>Home Page Switch Links. IN here you should only be able to see visible the page switch links for the number of portrait screens you have set in CHTE. So if you only have a three screen setup you should only see Page1, Page 2 and Page 3, but if you have a seven page setup you should see 1-7 (you get the idea I'm sure!). Select the link you want and place it as normal. Now when you press on it you should jump directly to your chosen screen.

The page switch links respect your animation setting in CHTE, so if you have animation turned off the switch should be pretty much instant. If you have animation turned on (either setting) then you should briefly see your wallpaper scrolling to your chosen page and then your widget's/links/etc will appear.

In the screenshots the page switch links are the words down the left side of the screen and the home icon in the top left. Well actually that isn't stricly accurate - for BLUE SK-i I wanted to add a little more functionality to the 'sidebar' so I skinned the CHT_email and CHT_messages notification icons to match the page switch icon skin. So the MAIL and MESSAGES icons in the screenshots are actually the notification icons, which means you get the message count alongside and as you know in CHT 2.0 pressing these will take you to the screen with the email/SMS widget on it so it does the same thing as the page switch links. It took a bit of playing about to get the positioning of the text within the 128x128 png right so the message count bubble sat close enough to the text, but also so the text could be exactly lined up with the page switch links when placed (look at the actual icons and you'll realise what I mean - otherwise the bubble would have sat too far out into the screen).

The link cab installs with just basic icons - just the text PAGE 1, PAGE 2, etc - but as with all of the other CHT icons they are just png files stored in \Windows on your phone. They are all named CHT_pageswitch_1.png, and so on. If you want the full BLUE SK-i look I have attached a zip file containing the BLUE SK-i skinned page switch icons, a cab to install them (if you're feeling lazy ) and a Photoshop psd file which you can use to add/edit. The home icon is used for CHT_pageswitch_4.png in BLUE SK-i as it is the page I have set in CHTE as the default page (middle one of 7).

To get the full BLUE-SKi setup for the 'sidebar' that you see in the screenshots takes quite a bit of setting up (there are six links on each of the seven screens so 42 links to place in total!) but once you've done it the functionality is great. I did look at trying to edit the CHT_Freelinks.lua to add the ability to 'pin' freelinks just like you can with widgets but there is an awful lot to it, and as you don't want exactly the same links on each page anyway I decided not to do this at the moment.

Last edited by lnando84; 02-02-2011 at 09:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:40 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

CHT Background Widget Set

And the second really cool thing at the core of BLUE SK-i is the background widget set. I basically took Poyensa's original background widget and used it as a base to create seven identical widgets, giving you pretty much endless possibilities for creating cool new backgrounds on which to place and combine other widgets/freelinks/etc and have them look like one complete widget. It also means that you no longer have to build backgrounds into the wallpaper to get this effect, which also restricts you to a maximum of three screens.

I have also added in complete defineability (if such a word exists!) allowing you to specify the opacity value, width, and height for the background and even the ability to specify the name that will show for the background in the Add Widget menu! All of these definitions are set by simple registry edits so you'll need to get hold of a reg editor if you don't already have one.

The attached zip folder contains seven background widget cabs which will install the backgrounds you see used in the screenshots. You can choose to install any number of these and after you have installed them you can easily edit them using the reg changes and new images. However to get them to appear behind everything else on screen you first need to update the home.mode9 file. You will find a cab to install the mode9 and make the necessary reg edit in the zip folder with the widget cabs. Poyensa has edited this one for me to make the first eight widget slots appear behind eveything else so I have his original background widget and my seven installed and working perfectly. As an added bonus, and because the backgrounds will use up to eight widget slots this mode9 is also modified to allow up to 40 CHT widgets to be installed (the original maximum was only 20) so you shouldn't run out of space!

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL INSTALLATION OF BACKGROUND WIDGET SET

1. Using registry editor go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila and scroll down until you find the widget slot entries - CHT.AddonWidgets.Slot0/1/2/3...

2. Take a note of the widgets you currently have installed in slots 0 - 8. These are the slots which the background widgets MUST be installed into.
3. Exit your reg editor and uninstall the widgets you have just noted down - don't worry you can reinstall them all again once you've installed the backgrounds. You can uninstall all of them at once without soft resetting every time, but once you've uninstalled the last one you will need to soft reset.
4. Install the Modified Home Mode9 cab and soft reset again.
5. Install Poyensa's original background widget first and then each of the seven new ones in turn - again you only need to soft reset after you have installed all eight. You don't have to install Poyensa's one or for that matter the whole of the new set, but you might as well so you have as much flexibilty as possible.
6. Final checks in registry to make sure everything has gone to plan - go to HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila again and first check that CHTI.AddonWidgets.Count is now set at 40, then scroll down and check that the eight background widgets have installed correctly in slots 0 to 8. While you're there you might as well also scroll back up to find the entries that have been added further up for each of the 7 new background widgets - CHT.duncBG1.Width\Height\Opacity\Name. These four entries for each widget allow you to completely redefine it as many times as you like
7. Reinstall any widgets which you removed to make space and soft reset again (I did warn you!)

OK so if all of that has gone to plan you should now have eight background widgets successfully installed on your phone which you can place/move/resize like any other widgets but which should always appear behind nearly everything else on your home screen (with the exception of the CHT Music Widget and the CHT Text Clock widget - no idea why and Poyensa hasn't been able to figure it out yet either).

OK so now you want to edit the backgrounds to suit your own theme...

HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY EDIT BACKGROUND WIDGET SETTINGS AND IMAGES

You can replace the manila files for each of the backgrounds and edit the dimensions and opacity in the registry but there are a few rules you MUST follow to avoid any problems.

The first thing that you need to understand is that manila likes qtc images to adhere to certain dimensions. This means that to avoid any problems with images not showing or showing as a white box the images you create and convert to qtc files need to have dimensions (width and height) which are exactly 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256 or 512 pixels. They can be any combination of these (16x512, 128x128, 512x128 and so on). OK so now that I've said that you can forget this for the first step!

1. Create the image you want to use for a background - don't worry about the size at this point, just get your image how you want it on screen.
2. Check your actual image dimensions in pixels.

You now have two choices depending on how much detail there is in your background image. If it is a simple image (just a black background for example) then:

3a. Resize your image using the allowed dimensions listed above to whatever dimensions are closest to your actual created image, so for example is you have created an image 280 wide by 150 high the resize (squash) it to 256x128. Don't worry - you can set the actual size again in the registry and manila will 'stretch' it back to your desired size.

...or if your image contains high detail such as gloss or actual images etc then:

3b. Choose the dimensions from the list above that are greater than your actual image size, so for example if you have created an image that is 432 wide by 480 high then select 512 x 512. Now resize your image canvas to this size and place your image in the top left of the new space. Again, don't worry if you have blank space around your image as the widget doesn't respond to touch other than in Edit Mode for moving and resizing so the blank space isn't going to interfere with anything.

So now you've created your image and resized it or resized the canvas:

4. Save your image in png format.
5. Using CFCGUI convert your png image to qtc format (I've included CFCGUI in the zip folder).
6. Rename the qtc file to the correct filename for whichever background widget you are editing as follows:

Background 1 - 34AC1773_manila
Background 2 - 4B42A9EB_manila
Background 3 - 34F48AA9_manila
Background 4 - 72D50B6D_manila
Background 5 - 266188FB_manila
Background 6 - 5E4310E5_manila
Background 7 - 303E6A92_manila

7. Copy/overwrite your renamed manila file to \Windows on your device.
8. Edit the background settings in the registry to suit your new background. If you used option 3a when resizing then simply make the Width and Height settings the size you actually want it to be. If you used option 3b then you need to specify the Width and Height to match the actual image size (canvas size) otherwise manila will squash/stretch it. You can also set the opacity value. Finally edit the Name entry so you can easily identify which background is which in the Add Widget list.

If you have copied a new qtc file to your device you will need to restart Sense for the changes to take effect. However if you have only made reg changes and not actually replaced the image file then all you need to do is long press on your home screen and select Edit Mode. The changes will take effect as soon as Edit Mode activates so you can close it again straight away.

And that's it! Quite a lot to take in I know but once you've done it a couple of times it really is a breeze. I'd suggest starting off by playing around with the reg settings for BG6 or BG7 to start with as they are just simple semi-transparent black squares - try editing all four reg entries and watch the effects on background and menu entry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Background Widget Set.zip (464.6 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-02-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

How to: Friends Screen

1. Friends Background
2. New All People Addon Link
3. Contact Freelinks
4. Social Networking App Freelinks
5. RSS Widget Mod showing Facebook status feed
6. Facebook app freelink

OK, so this screen is pretty simple to set up. Obviously you need the background widgets correctly installed then first off place the Friends Background widget on screen.

Number two is another new Addon link - this time it provides direct access to the All People contacts page. It has always bugged me that the People tab in Sense only initially takes you to the Favourite Contacts page, where actually I use the full Contacts (All People) page much more. So I created this new link. Download and install the link cab and soft reset. You will then find it in the Add Free Link menu in the Miscellaneous section, named Contacts. In this theme I have used a different icon which is attached to this post. After you have installed the link just download the new icon and copy/overwrite it to \Windows on your phone. Then place it in the top left of the background as shown.

Next place as many Contact freelinks as you like (it is designed to take 9, but if you scale the links down you can fit 16 or even 25 in!

Then I placed the two freelinks in the top right. The Skype icon is a Program Freelinks to the Skype app, and the Twitter one is the Twitter tab link.

Using the RSS widget to display your Facebook updates is pretty straightforward. I followed there instructions for THIS post in the CHT thread:

1.) While logged into facebook go to Login | Facebook

2.)Click on "My Friends Notes" in the right column under "Subscribe to These Notes". The page that open should have a url beginning PPCGeeks.com ». followed by something like: facebook.com/feeds/friends_notes.php?id=12345678&key=123e4567d&format =rss20

3.)In the url address bar replace "friends_notes.php" with "friends_status.php"

4.)The finished url will look something like: facebook.com/feeds/friends_status.php?id=12345678&key=123e4567d&forma t=rss20 with the id and key being unique to your account.

(RSS Script for your friends Facebook Status Feeds)

5. Open the RSS Hub and add a new channel using the 'I know the Channels URL (RSS)' option and enter the url you have just found. I then named the channel 'Facebook' and clicked Finish.

6. If you only want your Facebook feed to show you need to delete any other channels you have in the Hub.

You need to have Poyensa's modified Resizeable RSS Widget installed (attached below) - if you already have the original RSS widget installed then uninstall it first and install the new one. Once you have the widget installed you need to install the BLUE SK-i skin which adds in Poyensa's mod allowing you to specify the colours for the Header and Text. It also adds in the two required registry entries (CHT.RSS.TitleColor and CHT.RSS.TextColor), sets the colours as shown and adds the transparent qtc files to remove the widget background and RSS icon.

You'll need a Sense restart to make the changes take effect, then add the RSS widget with 4 lines visible.

Finally place a Program freelink for the Facebook app and make it small enough to fit as shown.

Now a touch on the facebook icon opens the Facebook app, and a tough on the text opens the RSS feed as usual.

Last edited by lnando84; 02-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

How to: Weather Screen

1. Weather Background widget
2. Modified CHT Standalone Weather Widget
3. Modified BL Group Weather Widget V3
4. Internet Bookmark Freelink

I love this screen! When I'm running Android I use Palmary Weather and whilst this isn't as complete it looks just as good!

The first thing to do is install the modified CHT weather widget attached to this post. If you already have the original version installed then you must uninstall it first, soft reset, then install this new version. The new version now contains a third layout option (the original two are still there and unaffected) which is shown in the screenshot.

BL Group Weather Widget Mod:

You also need to make sure you have the BL Group Weather Widget V3 installed. I tried to decompile the lua scripts from Moonah's widget cab to edit them and add this as an additional layout option but didn't have any luck so I have ended up editing the mode9 file instead. This is fine for this theme which uses the 5-day forecast with Detail layout, but the changes also affect all of the other layouts which mean they are all messed up a bit. I have posted in Moonah's thread asking for the widget kitchen so I could edit the raw scripts and remake the cab but he hasn't replied and as you can't PM him I am stuck with this solution for now. Now you need to open your registry editor again and find out which widget slot the BL Weather Widget is installed to on your phone (HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila and scroll down to CHTI.AddonWidgets.Slot? and look for BL_Weather. Take a note of the slot number.

In the zip folder you'll find a subfolder named BL Weather Mode9. You need to open the Widget Mode9 Filenames.txt and rename the manila file to match the filename required for the slot you have the widget installed in. Then simply copy/overwrite the renamed file to \Windows on you device and restart Sense. Then add the widget to the Weather screen and select one of the 5-Day with Detail layouts.

The edits to the layout have basically removed the current day icon and temp, removed the black dropshadow, resized and correctly aligned the day name in the details section and sorted out a few minor spacing and alignment issues. Although the current icon and temp have been removed in the upper section of the widget the detail section remains unchanged so it defaults to showing the current weather info, and returns back to it after a timeout if you press on the any of the four forecast icons to show those days detailed info.

The final preparation is to open your Opera browser and browse to your favourite online weather source. For me it is bbc.co.uk/weather and then set my home town as the default location and show the current 24 hour forecast. You then need to save it as a favourite, navigate to the Sense Internet tab and add it there as a Favourite Bookmark. Then you need to open your File Manager and go to \Windows\Thumbnail. In there you will find pngs of the mini screen captures that Sense uses for the Internet Tab favourites. Identify which one is the screencapture of your weather favourite and replace the png with the 'more weather online' png included in the zip. To do this you need to rename the 'more weather' png with exactly the same name as the one you've just identified (it is a very long name that will look something like {94CA7D97-ACD4-15CE-59F1-3E6170C59991}.png! Then copy your renamed more weather png into the Thumbnail folder and overwrite. (Thanks to Framwella for the info on how to do this - HERE)

Now build your screen - background first then CHT Weather widget ('Modified' layout option), then BL Weather Widget (5-Day with Detail layout option) and finally add the Bookmark freelink you have just saved.

And there you have it - a full featured weather screen with animated current icon which links to either the Sense weather tab or whichever weather app you have specified in CHTE, a four day forecast with details, and a quick link to your favourite online weather service

The weather theme shown in the screenshots is based on the Tick weather icon sit by xiao4 on deviantArt. The Sense weather skin is not complete but most of the common weather conditions are covered. Nordpolcamper and I are still working to finish the complete skin, but in the meantime what is ready is included in the zip as a cab file so you can uninstall if you want the original Sense weather back. Credit for the Tick skin for the BL widget goes to Mr BeOTP2 who created it for Windroid a few themes back. This skin is also included in the zip - just install the cab and it will overwrite the existing icon set in \Program Files\TitaniumWeather\Spil. If you want to keep the original Sense weather then there is a Sense style icon set for the BL widget by sodycc HERE - you'd need uninstall the widget first then reinstall using his cab, then overwrite the mode9 file as described.

If you want more weather info then click on the DDT Weatherpanel link in my signature and follow the instructions to add it as your CHT weather app.

2/7/11 - If you are having problems with the MinimalWeather widget showing a white square where the temp should be then download the MinimalWeather Fix zip, extract and overwrite the manila file to Windows on your phone, restart Sense and issue should be resolved - apologies, just a problem with the dimensions of the qtc image (I should have known better )

Last edited by lnando84; 02-10-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

How to: Agenda Screen

1. Weather Background
2. New Calendar Addon Link
3. CHT Appointments Widget - Slim Header, extended to show three appointments
4. Program freelink to SenseTasks (always goes to main screen with task list and 'New Task' button.
5. CHT Tasks Widget - Slim Header, extended to show four tasks

I use the slim header layout for the Appointments and Tasks widget as the 'Agenda' and 'To Do' text is part of the background. The I added back in the links to give the functionality to access the date picker (Sense Calendar Tab>Month View) and the New Task feature in SenseTasks. I have also used the CHT Transparent Calendar cab attached below which works a treat.

Why a new Calendar link I hear you ask? Well, the problem with the CHT Calendar Tab Link is that it always takes you to whatever view you left he Sense Calendar tab on the last time you were there (so if you were in a specific day it takes you back there). I wanted a link that always took me directly to the date picker (current month) view. So I made another Addon Link which does exactly this.

To get exactly this look you need to edit the text colours in CHTE> Miscellaneous as shown:

The icon I made for the SenseTasks link is attached below. I used JWMD Icon Changer to change the icon.
Attached Images
File Type: png SenseTasks.png (11.2 KB, 222 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab CHTAddon_dunc_CalendarLink.cab (28.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab Star CHT 1.8 Transparent Calender.cab (155.2 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-03-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

How to: Media Screen

1. BLUE SK-i Skin for CHT Music Widget
2. Music Background (lower section)
3. Program freelinks

This is the easiest screen to set up, although it did take a bit of working out because I couldn't make a background for the whole screen like in the other screens as the music widget is one of the ones that always appears behind any background widget. So I had to skin the music widget background with a straight cutoff at the bottom, then make the music background identical but cut straight across at the top so the two could be placed together on screen to give the impression of one single background!

Just install the music skin cab below which includes the coOkiemusicplayer.lua and mode9 mods to change the text colours. BTW, the album art shown in the screenshot is the No Album Art default image included in the skin cab.

Then add the Music Background and position the two to give the single background effect. Then it is just a case of adding in program freelinks in the lower background section to whatever you like. Mine are from left to right:

Audiobooster
FM Radio
myPlayer
Games folder shortcut (see THIS post for instructions on how to do this)
Bookmark freelink to youtube.com (see the How to: Weather Screen post for instructions on how to add your own icons for bookmarks)
Attached Images
File Type: png AudioBooster.png (13.7 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png FM Radio.png (18.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg iPlayer.jpg (2.6 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Games.jpg (2.7 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png youtube.png (17.9 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab BLUE SK-i Music Widget Skin.cab (46.1 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-03-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

How to: Lockscreens

1. MIUI Analog Clock Widget
2. Poyensa's original background widget, Full Screen 25%
3. Modified CHT Weather Widget, Graphic Only layout
4. MinimalWeather widget
5. Quick launch program freelinks
6. Slider Notification icons
7. HD Mini Lock Slider

I use the CHT HD Mini lockscreen for BLUE SK-i because I love the functionality of the message/email/missed calls notification in the lock slider where if you slide to unlock touching on the notification icon it takes you straight to the email/sms widget or the Call History screen.

I also love the ability on any CHT lockscreen to add Program freelinks so you can slide to unlock directly to those apps. I use Camera and Dialer quick launches as they are my most used apps.

The BLUE SK-i Lockscreens cab attached below includes the skin for the HD Mini lockscreen shown, plus a skin for the Manila style lockscreen, although as you may have already skinned the CHT email and message notification icons to work with the page switch links and they wouldn't look great used on the Manila lockscreen I'd recommend sticking with the HD Mini option.

So to build the screen first open CHTE and enable the CHT Lockscreen, selecting the HD Mini style.

Then make sure you have the widgets installed that you want to include. I have attached the MIUI clock cab and the new MinimalWeather cab (more about that below), and you can find the modified CHT Weather cab in the How to: Weather Screen post.

Then from your home screen open the CHT menu and select Edit Lockscreen Layout.

Place the background first, then add the clock and the two weather widgets and finally any quicklaunch program links you want to include.

Once you are happy with your layout just slide to unlock and the changes are saved.

MinimalWeather Widget

This is a really simple little widget I made as an 'Add On' for the BL Weather widget. You have to have this widget installed first as MinimalWeather gets the temp and condition info from the registry entries the main widget creates. I tried to find out where Sense gets it's information from but couldn't get my head around it so this was the best solution I could come up with!

It has three layouts - temperature only, conditions only, and temp and conditions. Also you can edit the text alignment and colors through the registry as shown:

The settings for alignment are:

0 = Aligned Left
1 = Aligned Centre
2 = Aligned Right

Values in the two colour strings need to be in 255,255,255 (RGB) format with no spaces.

Any changes should be live and shouldn't require Sense restart to take effect. At the worst you might need to enter and exit Edit Mode.

Lockscreen Quicklaunch Icons

The two icons I made for the Camera and Dialer quicklaunch links are attached below. Just use JWMD Icon Changer to replace the icons as normal.

2/4/11 - Uploaded new cab for MinimalWeather Widget including fix for wrong reg key name for setting alignment.

2/7/11 - If you are having problems with the MinimalWeather widget showing a white square where the temp should be then download the MinimalWeather Fix zip, extract and overwrite the manila file to Windows on your phone, restart Sense and issue should be resolved - apologies, just a problem with the dimensions of the qtc image (I should have known better )

Last edited by lnando84; 02-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Very nice work on the theme! Your email and sms widgets look pretty good. I might use your cht mode9 edit and use it on some of my wdgt mods. Its good to see others doing some mods to the email & sms wdgts as well.

You've done a lot of research and work here. I think all these new options will open up some room for some new ideas and themes. Great Job

Last edited by mcluvntheboss; 02-02-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:35 PM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvntheboss View Post
Very nice work on the theme! Your email and sms widgets look pretty good. I might use your cht mode9 edit and use it on some of my wdgt mods. Its good to see others doing some mods to the email & sms wdgts as well.

You've done a lot of research and work here. I think all these new options will open up some room for some new ideas and themes. Great Job
Dunc001 from xda made this theme.. I'm simply trying to share it with members here because I think it's the isht!! It was actually made for the hd2 but will work on our tp2's. It may slow things down if you run all 7 pages since it was made for hd2. Yea I agree there are countless hours of work here. I love all the new extra's he added to cht and the possibilities that come with them! It's nice to know there are still people out there fighting the good fight!

Sounds awesome bro, can't wait to see what you come up with! Thanx for all the great works you share with us all!!

Last edited by lnando84; 02-02-2011 at 11:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software