PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 08:50 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u
Taskbars for 6.5 8-22-10

EDIT: I know these taskbars work on 6.5. I know they work on 6.5x...with a slight hiccup, when installed it borks the 6.5x soft keys in SMS and Email screens. Either Duplicate menu icon over send/delete or duplicate menu icon.

So. until I can get it worked out on all the taskbars this thread will be named 6.5.

Alright, so I have been messing around and looking for taskbars that work with MY phone.

So I know these taskbars will work for me.

I have tested each of these Taskbars on 6.5 and 6.5x roms.
I have also had help testing by:

Straitup27, WhoTahn, and McLuvintheBoss
Green for the Money, Yellow for the Gold and Amber for the Honeys!

Nothing is guaranteed, sorry.

I will help if I can to get any working on other roms, but I will probably need some of the dlls from the rom that has the issue.

I am posting them because I think there are users out there that want some options besides CMYLXGO, TSOWEN, GadgetFreak, and Grzegorz10.

Does that mean those others are old or outdated, no. But so many other people have them that it is hard to make the home screen pop out from others posted.

Maybe it is just me, but I wanted some other options as I like batteries that pop out at you, and HawaiianPunch Man's battery does that, Steve0007 Elgancia rom, and ArtieQ has a battery that I haven't seen too commonly either.

If you don't like these, cool, but I don't claim any of the artistic credit or original ideas. I just wanted them to work on my phone and they do so I am content.

None of these taskbars are my original creation. I have modded them to work with current roms and on CDMA TP2.

These are taskbars from ArtieQ, Bilbobrian, Dinik, and Steve0007

Most of the TBs were for GSM and missing the CDMA_RSSI_PPC dll and so I needed to make or replace the signal bars. I also needed to go in and find the Ev and 1x icons and put them into the correct spot for our TP2's to show them correctly.

ArtieQ: I don't know if that wait cursor is originally created by dafunk, but ArtieQ used it.

I do know there is an issue with the battery. I have had it show the stock battery when first installing and soft resetting. The modded battery will show up, I promise it will just take a literal minute. I don't know why.

Bilbobrian's Taskbar 2: I did yank the Dusk Wait Cursor for this, I think it goes better than Windows default cursor.

If anyone is having issues with the volume on YouTube or the Music Tab WFG has found a fix for it. Here it is. make sure to Thank WFG for the fix.

Dinik: nothing really to mod other than to put in a Dinik Windows Square for the cursor to finish this fine TB off. I like that it doesn't spin but the colors jump to the each position. Try it out it is pretty cool.

I posted it on the Dinik by you thread at XDA HERE

Steve0007 @ XDA has made some great mods and I wanted this one for the TP2, he creates for the HD2.

Elegancia TB v.8

I know not a ton of screens, but it keeps the default Win Cursor and does not change start icon. This is the TB I use most often even though I like darker themes.

This last one is called Metro Taskbar. I do not know who created it, but I like how it keeps a stock feel, but the slight change in the icons lets it stick out.

I found this on XDA, if you know the creator please let me know and I will give them their due credit.

Simple and Artistic:

Kind of a small wait cursor, but I think it fits the TB just fine, besides if you roll on a sweet rom you need not worry too much about loading.

DarkLight Modded BilboBrian TB so that we didn't need to track the necessary fixes down. THANKS!
HERE to get it, this way he can keep track of how many downloads

Puff601 gave me the files for a glass HTC volume and a dll that works for him for the wait cursor. Get the Puff601 Dinil 1.5 TB HERE make sure to Thank Puff601. I can confirm working on 6.5x, but not on my 6.5 rom, will look into, probably need the reg edits that Puff601 was kind enough to give me and I forgot to put in

Last edited by dapbmonkey4u; 08-30-2010 at 10:11 PM.
This post has been thanked 21 times.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: Taskbars for 6.5 and 6.5x 8-22-10

great work dapmonkey4u!!! i have gotten much pleasure from using these,it's nice having even more options for our phones,and your right some tb's pop out more than others especially depending how you set things up,i like things fluid and matching,these help me with achieving that look im after!!

again thank you for all your hard work and all you do for the ppc community!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:37 AM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thanks for these dap, I really like the old schools brians tb... did you drop a new volume control into that cab yet?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:08 AM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
Thanks for these dap, I really like the old schools brians tb... did you drop a new volume control into that cab yet?

not yet, but I can do that easily. Thanks for reminding me.

There you go! First post is updated with the working HTC volume.

Last edited by dapbmonkey4u; 08-23-2010 at 10:01 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
not yet, but I can do that easily. Thanks for reminding me.

There you go! First post is updated with the working HTC volume.
thank you sir! another great mod added to my collection from you
Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

Anyone want a Superman Battery and a Superman Signal indicator?

Looks like CoryNat noticed that the Metro TB borks the 6.5x SMS and Email Soft keys. They work, but have the incorrect icon over them. Odd because the Windows Theme controls the icons that appear with pngs in 6.5x and the TB doesn't mess with those.

If anyone knows why let me know and I can fix it, if not I will try and take apart a 6.5x TB and replace with the MEtro icons.

Last edited by dapbmonkey4u; 08-23-2010 at 12:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Bilbobrian's Taskbar 2 <----- thanks love it..
Old 08-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks man, ive been using dinik's taskbar for a while and never noticed it was supposed to skin the windows cursor as well. im off to try your modded tb. thx
Old 08-23-2010, 04:24 PM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
thanks man, ive been using dinik's taskbar for a while and never noticed it was supposed to skin the windows cursor as well. im off to try your modded tb. thx

Dinik never skinned the wait cursor in his taskbar. I decided to do it, since the tb was awesome looking and thought everything should look good. I took his Win Flag and spread it out and there you go. I posted on his thread, but never responded to it.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2--Thunderbolt
Carrier: The Big Red

mcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmcluvntheboss is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think my new fav taskbar is the Bilbobrian's Taskbar 2. I liked the metro at first but Ive been using Bilbobrian's all day and its growin on me. Great job!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software