PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Help with TP2 bottom bar/start button (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130016)

Kenaf 07-28-2010 12:48 PM

Help with TP2 bottom bar/start button

Hey all,

So I guess you could classify me as a newb, but I'm trying to figure out if something is possible and haven't had any luck yet, I'm open to suggestions. I used MightyRom's IMPACT rom for awhile that used 6.5.x on it and I LOVED the bigger buttons on the bottom bar. It had the big start menu and confirmation buttons on the bottom that were much more finger friendly. However I was having some stability issues so I just flashed to the latest MightyRom (6.2 I think?). This, I believe, runs 6.5. So now I have the tiny start menu button and tiny confirmation buttons on the top of the screen and I hate it.

Anyway, so looking at the screenshots on the MightyRom post, they showed a Full Force R3born theme, and the screenshots showed the big buttons like I was used to in 6.5.x. I tried to apply this theme but it didn't change the buttons, so obviously I'm missing or not understanding something.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to change the buttons on 6.5 to look like 6.5.x, and if so, how do I do it?

Thank you kindly.

Wesley762 07-28-2010 01:29 PM

Re: Help with TP2 bottom bar/start button

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenaf (Post 1886819)
Hey all,

So I guess you could classify me as a newb, but I'm trying to figure out if something is possible and haven't had any luck yet, I'm open to suggestions. I used MightyRom's IMPACT rom for awhile that used 6.5.x on it and I LOVED the bigger buttons on the bottom bar. It had the big start menu and confirmation buttons on the bottom that were much more finger friendly. However I was having some stability issues so I just flashed to the latest MightyRom (6.2 I think?). This, I believe, runs 6.5. So now I have the tiny start menu button and tiny confirmation buttons on the top of the screen and I hate it.

Anyway, so looking at the screenshots on the MightyRom post, they showed a Full Force R3born theme, and the screenshots showed the big buttons like I was used to in 6.5.x. I tried to apply this theme but it didn't change the buttons, so obviously I'm missing or not understanding something.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to change the buttons on 6.5 to look like 6.5.x, and if so, how do I do it?

Thank you kindly.

Nope...... you would need to installed Full Force to get that. I would have to say that Full Force is just as stable as is Official rom's.

kdjameson 07-29-2010 07:19 PM

You can't mix'n'match stuff for 6.5 and 6.5.x --- they're separate beasties.

Wesley762 07-29-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdjameson (Post 1888914)
You can't mix'n'match stuff for 6.5 and 6.5.x --- they're separate beasties.

thats not entirely true, Most things that work on 6.5 will work on 6.5.x, but in this case, the buttons on the bottom are a 6.5.x OS thing and not a cab you can install.