PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   OverClock for TP2 ~ 9/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~ MAXX Battery Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661)

kroewe 07-31-2010 09:20 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

this seems to work pretty well on battery for me on anything 710mhz or less.
anything higher than 710 will freeze within a few minutes.
\

also, oddly, i can not run Haret to boot android while overclocked.
it would freeze every time until i dropped ack down to 528mhz.

wwjclemd 07-31-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kroewe (Post 1892291)
this seems to work pretty well on battery for me on anything 710mhz or less.
anything higher than 710 will freeze within a few minutes.
\

also, oddly, i can not run Haret to boot android while overclocked.
it would freeze every time until i dropped ack down to 528mhz.

There is detailed info on that over at XDA. I know its a PITA, but there are pages upon pages of info over there. The first page will tell you most of what you would need to know. The first post here has the link to XDA's thread. Its also pretty neat to follow how overclocking got to where it is now for our speedy little devices. My TP2 is like a new phone :headbang::headbang::headbang:

bteljuice 08-01-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjclemd (Post 1892299)
There is detailed info on that over at XDA. I know its a PITA, but there are pages upon pages of info over there. The first page will tell you most of what you would need to know. The first post here has the link to XDA's thread. Its also pretty neat to follow how overclocking got to where it is now for our speedy little devices. My TP2 is like a new phone :headbang::headbang::headbang:

If anyone wants to boot HARET for ANDROID, you have to boot at 528, over that Haret will not boot.
So make sure you don't select "APPLY AT BOOT" in the application.

b4u2 08-02-2010 11:24 AM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/2/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

So does it make a difference which script we run? I have been using OC_auto3 at 691 for a while now.

nayr1482 08-02-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4u2 (Post 1894000)
So does it make a difference which script we run? I have been using OC_auto3 at 691 for a while now.

OC3_Auto is the latest script.

There is a program out that replaces the script if you want. It uses less CPU but it only throttles the phone based on screen off/on. If that is the only thing that causes your phone to hang use the program. If phone calls and/or lockscreens cause your phone to hang - stick with OC3 for now.

one80oneday 08-02-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bteljuice (Post 1882237)

UPDATE!!
While waiting for version 3 of this app, oruam57 made a little app that automatically scales down when the screen is off and overclocks again when exiting standby, effectively preventing SOD.

This is working great! Can't wait for this to develop more. Hopefully this app will have more options soon (underclock while screen off, toggle app on/off, auto-change clock speed according to battery % or AC...).

bteljuice 08-02-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1894051)
OC3_Auto is the latest script.

There is a program out that replaces the script if you want. It uses less CPU but it only throttles the phone based on screen off/on. If that is the only thing that causes your phone to hang use the program. If phone calls and/or lockscreens cause your phone to hang - stick with OC3 for now.

:salute:

I just wanted to remind everyone, Nayr here is one of the brilliant minds of the OC script writers' team.

nayr1482 08-02-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bteljuice (Post 1894483)
:salute:

I just wanted to remind everyone, Nayr here is one of the brilliant minds of the OC script writers' team.

lol - thanks man!

just an update...v4 of OC_Auto is out.

details here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=175

quickdraw62 08-03-2010 07:24 AM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/3/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Ok. I'm a bit confused so please bear with me. I'm using the OC3 script and did what I thought I was supposed to according to the directions. I'm not quite sure about changing the speeds. Here's the code. If I leave the file as is without changing anything, it doesn't work. What else do I need to do?

;******CHANGE YOUR OVERCLOCK VALUES HERE*******
start_speed = 37
boost_speed = 36
safe_speed = 31

Do I remove the semi-colons?

I put the .lnk file in my StartUp folder but should it go in the Start Menu folder along with the netripper v2 shortcut?

Sorry for being such a noob.

bteljuice 08-03-2010 10:58 AM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/3/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1895606)
Ok. I'm a bit confused so please bear with me. I'm using the OC3 script and did what I thought I was supposed to according to the directions. I'm not quite sure about changing the speeds. Here's the code. If I leave the file as is without changing anything, it doesn't work. What else do I need to do?

start_speed = 37
boost_speed = 36
safe_speed = 31

Do I remove the semi-colons?

I put the .lnk file in my StartUp folder but should it go in the Start Menu folder along with the netripper v2 shortcut?

Sorry for being such a noob.

First, Did you check what is your Magic number? (speed that works for you). If your still new to this, just don't modify the script. Try it as is with 710 speed.

just place the .mscr file in your root folder