PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
OK, I created a cab so it is easier to install for everyone. Check it out here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281
Awesome dude thank you, I didnt even realize you was here at ppc ( my home lol ).. been using your work and following ya on Xda... Anyhow great job.!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
well I have 604 for throttle and safe, but I actually moved the 2 mortscript files from the program files folder to the root of my SD, and voila! I now have 710! I didnt think that would make much of a difference at all.

still, anything higher than that freezes pretty much instantly

people getting higher than 710 with stable results would you mind posting your settings/ROM?

thanks
I've got Mortscript installed to the device, msm7kcpuspeed also on the device. Using the latest OC_auto4.2 script

From the GUI script thing:

current speed 787mhz
throttle speed 604 mhz
poll interval 1000ms

Using the 7/30 Energyrom 21911 build

I know the msm7k app, the scale goes to like 900 something. Anyone able to get that high? Mine freezes if I try to go over 844

Last edited by matchstickredgti; 08-06-2010 at 09:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
I've got Mortscript installed to the device, msm7kcpuspeed also on the device. Using the latest OC_auto4.2 script

From the GUI script thing:

current speed 787mhz
throttle speed 604 mhz
poll interval 1000ms

Using the 7/30 Energyrom 21911 build

I know the msm7k app, the scale goes to like 900 something. Anyone able to get that high? Mine freezes if I try to go over 844
hmm so then what do you do if your device freezes cuz the OC is too high? did you just set your safe mode interval higher? I think installing mort to device would prob help but im afraid I'll have to hard reset due to hanging on boot
Old 08-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
Awesome dude thank you, I didnt even realize you was here at ppc ( my home lol ).. been using your work and following ya on Xda... Anyhow great job.!

I think most of us are in both places lol. Thanks for the support!
I cant get over how different my phone is compared to when I got it...from 528mhz on wm6.1 to 768mhz on wm6.5 w/ CHT - it is a different phone i tell you! aside from my shattered screen which will probably force me into a Incredible or something...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
hmm so then what do you do if your device freezes cuz the OC is too high? did you just set your safe mode interval higher? I think installing mort to device would prob help but im afraid I'll have to hard reset due to hanging on boot
I haven't froze on boot and I've messed with it at just about every speed. But if it were to go into a perpetual reboot or something along those lines, taking out the SD card and rebooting should set you straight. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason the actual script is on the SD card and the shortcut is in the \windows\startup folder
Old 08-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
I haven't froze on boot and I've messed with it at just about every speed. But if it were to go into a perpetual reboot or something along those lines, taking out the SD card and rebooting should set you straight. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason the actual script is on the SD card and the shortcut is in the \windows\startup folder
ok I did that and have the same settings as you do but still no luck, no biggie though tomorrow I may flash a different rom and see if that makes a difference, also could be because im on 6.5.x, might try 6.5

man this really brought a breath of fresh air back into wm for me!

again, thanks to all involved!
Old 08-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
ok I did that and have the same settings as you do but still no luck, no biggie though tomorrow I may flash a different rom and see if that makes a difference, also could be because im on 6.5.x, might try 6.5

man this really brought a breath of fresh air back into wm for me!

again, thanks to all involved!
Maybe

ah i see, well best of luck to you. let me know how it goes
Old 08-07-2010, 06:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eXuRo is keeping up the good workeXuRo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to eXuRo
Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/7/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

another noob question from the guy who has never overclocked anything.. if i do this will it eat up my battery life like crazy? its already not great..
Old 08-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXuRo View Post
another noob question from the guy who has never overclocked anything.. if i do this will it eat up my battery life like crazy? its already not great..
Most of us have noticed basically no change. Some seem to think their battery life is a bit worse, some seem to think it is a bit better.

Me personally - I dont think there is much change.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXuRo View Post
The battery life is about the same for me. Probably because the phone throttles down the CPU when the screen is off in your pocket.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software