PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   OverClock for TP2 ~ 9/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~ MAXX Battery Tweak (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129661)

purian23 08-06-2010 09:33 PM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:

Originally Posted by nayr1482 (Post 1902266)
OK, I created a cab so it is easier to install for everyone. Check it out here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281

Awesome dude thank you, I didnt even realize you was here at ppc ( my home lol ).. been using your work and following ya on Xda... Anyhow great job.!

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 1902290)
well I have 604 for throttle and safe, but I actually moved the 2 mortscript files from the program files folder to the root of my SD, and voila! I now have 710! I didnt think that would make much of a difference at all.

still, anything higher than that freezes pretty much instantly

people getting higher than 710 with stable results would you mind posting your settings/ROM?

thanks

I've got Mortscript installed to the device, msm7kcpuspeed also on the device. Using the latest OC_auto4.2 script

From the GUI script thing:

current speed 787mhz
throttle speed 604 mhz
poll interval 1000ms

Using the 7/30 Energyrom 21911 build

I know the msm7k app, the scale goes to like 900 something. Anyone able to get that high? Mine freezes if I try to go over 844

lemeiux1 08-06-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1902296)
I've got Mortscript installed to the device, msm7kcpuspeed also on the device. Using the latest OC_auto4.2 script

From the GUI script thing:

current speed 787mhz
throttle speed 604 mhz
poll interval 1000ms

Using the 7/30 Energyrom 21911 build

I know the msm7k app, the scale goes to like 900 something. Anyone able to get that high? Mine freezes if I try to go over 844

hmm so then what do you do if your device freezes cuz the OC is too high? did you just set your safe mode interval higher? I think installing mort to device would prob help but im afraid I'll have to hard reset due to hanging on boot

nayr1482 08-06-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purian23 (Post 1902291)
Awesome dude thank you, I didnt even realize you was here at ppc ( my home lol ).. been using your work and following ya on Xda... Anyhow great job.!

:D
I think most of us are in both places lol. Thanks for the support!
I cant get over how different my phone is compared to when I got it...from 528mhz on wm6.1 to 768mhz on wm6.5 w/ CHT - it is a different phone i tell you! aside from my shattered screen which will probably force me into a Incredible or something...

matchstickredgti 08-06-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 1902318)
hmm so then what do you do if your device freezes cuz the OC is too high? did you just set your safe mode interval higher? I think installing mort to device would prob help but im afraid I'll have to hard reset due to hanging on boot

I haven't froze on boot and I've messed with it at just about every speed. But if it were to go into a perpetual reboot or something along those lines, taking out the SD card and rebooting should set you straight. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason the actual script is on the SD card and the shortcut is in the \windows\startup folder

lemeiux1 08-06-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mangomango (Post 1902346)
I haven't froze on boot and I've messed with it at just about every speed. But if it were to go into a perpetual reboot or something along those lines, taking out the SD card and rebooting should set you straight. If I'm not mistaken, that's the reason the actual script is on the SD card and the shortcut is in the \windows\startup folder

ok I did that and have the same settings as you do but still no luck, no biggie though tomorrow I may flash a different rom and see if that makes a difference, also could be because im on 6.5.x, might try 6.5

man this really brought a breath of fresh air back into wm for me!

again, thanks to all involved!

matchstickredgti 08-07-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemeiux1 (Post 1902386)
ok I did that and have the same settings as you do but still no luck, no biggie though tomorrow I may flash a different rom and see if that makes a difference, also could be because im on 6.5.x, might try 6.5

man this really brought a breath of fresh air back into wm for me!

again, thanks to all involved!

Maybe

ah i see, well best of luck to you. let me know how it goes

eXuRo 08-07-2010 06:22 AM

Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/7/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

another noob question from the guy who has never overclocked anything.. if i do this will it eat up my battery life like crazy? its already not great..

nayr1482 08-07-2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXuRo (Post 1902542)
another noob question from the guy who has never overclocked anything.. if i do this will it eat up my battery life like crazy? its already not great..

Most of us have noticed basically no change. Some seem to think their battery life is a bit worse, some seem to think it is a bit better.

Me personally - I dont think there is much change.

japper88 08-07-2010 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXuRo (Post 1902542)

The battery life is about the same for me. Probably because the phone throttles down the CPU when the screen is off in your pocket.