PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OverClock for TP2 ~ 8/6/10 NEW UPDATES! For all ROMS ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomango View Post
Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or not, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Have the two files on the SD card and the shortcut for OCauto4 in the \Windows\Startup folder.

I go to the OCauto_gui file to enable safe made, select stockspeed and 50000ms, but then it proceeds to go on to ask me to select CPU speed, throttle speed, and poll speed again and prompts for a restart. It doesn't ever seem to go to stock speed.
OK...so here is a run down of what each of the screens do in the GUI

1) Would you like Safe Mode Enabled? (Yes go to 2, No go to 5)
2) Select New Safe Mode Speed, this is the speed your phone will boot at if Safe Mode is Enabled
3) Select New Safe Mode Duration, this is how long your phone will remain at Safe Mode Speed once booted
4) Review of Safe Mode Selections - Apply these Settings? (Yes, saves your new selections, No exits the program without saving)

5) Select New Speed, this is the Speed your CPU will be set to run at (the overclocked speed) during normal operation
6) Select New Throttle Speed, this is the speed your CPU will be set to run while the Backlight is OFF, while you are on a phone call, or while the Lockscreen is on. Recommend using 604mhz as Netripper dubbed this the "safe speed"
7) Select New Poll Interval, this is how long between checks (checking if your backlight is OFF, if you are on the phone, or if your lockscreen is on). The lower the number the more often it checks - but the more CPU you consume. I recommend 1000 or 1200 (i have never had an SOD with these values)
8 ) Review of CPU Selections - Apply these Settings? (Yes, saves your new selections and restarts your phone, No exits the program without saving)

As always...
1) Need Netripper's v2 OC application installed in the DEFAULT location (on device)
2) Need MortScript installed
3) Place files from OC_Auto zip in the root of your storage card
4) Create shortcut to OC_Auto.mscr in your /windows/startup folder
5) *Optional, if you want the GUI to show up in your programs list create a shortcut to OC_Auto_GUI.mscr in your /windows/start menu folder
6) Run the GUI, pick your settings.

Last edited by nayr1482; 08-06-2010 at 06:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr1482 View Post
OK...so here is a run down of what each of the screens do in the GUI
Thanks for the nice write-up...

Old 08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the write up. Another question, does the safe made duration start as soon as the phone is booted? (in my case, when it shows the black screen with the touch pro 2 white lettering)
Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks for the write up. Another question, does the safe made duration start as soon as the phone is booted? (in my case, when it shows the black screen with the touch pro 2 white lettering)
Not really sure - but from my observations it seems like it starts when you get the black/grey screen in the background (then after it a bit it says Launching Sense at the top).

I am working on cabbing up OC_Auto so that it is easier for everyone to install. Will include a readme.txt with all the info i can...

Last edited by nayr1482; 08-06-2010 at 09:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

running at 768 with no problems (:

is there anyone that has been able to run at the 787 setting? also what problems did people get that are running lower than 768 and how long did it take for you to notice them? I'd rather troubleshoot now for issues and lower the clock speed then find out that when i really need an incompatible app i have to go thru the process of lowering it

Edit: looks like i saw someone runnin in the 800+ range but i dont think i want to try that yet. I still want to see the effect on battery life after a day or 2.

Only issue i saw was i could not boot Android from the Gen.Y DualBoot shortcut but i can from the bootup screen so that is satisactory for now. I can make calls and everything without freezing so i suppose i'm A-OK?

Last edited by kern417; 08-06-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
running at 768 with no problems (:

is there anyone that has been able to run at the 787 setting? also what problems did people get that are running lower than 768 and how long did it take for you to notice them? I'd rather troubleshoot now for issues and lower the clock speed then find out that when i really need an incompatible app i have to go thru the process of lowering it

Edit: looks like i saw someone runnin in the 800+ range but i dont think i want to try that yet. I still want to see the effect on battery life after a day or 2.

Only issue i saw was i could not boot Android from the Gen.Y DualBoot shortcut but i can from the bootup screen so that is satisactory for now. I can make calls and everything without freezing so i suppose i'm A-OK?
I ran at 806 for a while, stable for the most part but it did freeze up a few times. No SOD for me either. I've been running at 787 for most of the past 2 days, no adverse effects that I can tell. Battery life doesn't seem too much worse either.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

ok so first of all thanks for this!

I cant seem to get any higher than 691 without SOD, I would be happy with 710 but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are having a lot better luck than me (768?!)

Im using 4.2 and I'm on vin's plutonium rom

would changing polling interval have any effect on it? I'm at 1000 now

let me know if you have any advice
Old 08-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemeiux1 View Post
ok so first of all thanks for this!

I cant seem to get any higher than 691 without SOD, I would be happy with 710 but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are having a lot better luck than me (768?!)

Im using 4.2 and I'm on vin's plutonium rom

would changing polling interval have any effect on it? I'm at 1000 now

let me know if you have any advice
What is your throttle speed set at?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

OK, I created a cab so it is easier to install for everyone. Check it out here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good worklemeiux1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What is your throttle speed set at?
well I have 604 for throttle and safe, but I actually moved the 2 mortscript files from the program files folder to the root of my SD, and voila! I now have 710! I didnt think that would make much of a difference at all.

still, anything higher than that freezes pretty much instantly

people getting higher than 710 with stable results would you mind posting your settings/ROM?

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software