PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Driving me Nutzzz...

Every recent ROM I have tried has a strange quirk. I can connect the phone to my PC with a USB cable and Active Sync works fine.. That is, until I pick up the phone. As soon as you pick up the phone it disconnects from activesync. Put it back down and it reconnects.

Is there some way to get rid of this? I want active sync to stay active as long as the phone is connected to the PC. I pick it up all the time and the dicsonnect/reconnect is driving me nutzz.

Thanks for any advice.

Doug M.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

maybe a short in your cable....?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Driving me Nutzzz...

Sounds like a possible bad cable or lose connection on your phone with the USB port.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:30 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

if your connected to AS, why do you need to hold the phone?? just curious

if you feel like you need to do something in the phone thats unachievable via AS, might i suggest using MyMobiler.. then, no need to pick up the device as everything you can do will be done on the comp screen...

atleast till you get a new cable or get the usb port on your phone looked at
Old 07-17-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Mine does this on several different cables as well so I'd guess that it could be a port issue as well... Some cables work fine for a day or 2 than they become iffy, like if my phone is transferring files and it rings, I can't pick it up or it loses connection kinda lame but w/e I've learned to deal with it... I brought it in to sprint but they told me they couldn't do anything about it, same as my mysterious purple dot on my screen, not their problem supposedly and they wouldn't use my insurance to replace it... I suppose when my whole screen turns purple it's than gonna be my fault right, haha...

Old 07-17-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

Isuppose it could be a fualt of the device or cable. I have tried several different cables to no avail.

This even happens when charging. Pick up the phone and charging stops. I have tried to prop the phone up to use as a clock while traveling, but I cannot because it stops charging when held vertically. This only appears to happen afte the ROM has been on the phone for a week or so.

I even went into the registry and deleted every refernce to Gsensor. This worked for a while, but the issue always returns.

Maybe it is a hardware problem.

Normally I love it when something breaks. It is a great chance to upgrade. Right now, I do not have another device I am pining for or I might just finish this one off, being crippled and all...

Thanks for the advice.

Doug M.

Last edited by dwmackay; 07-17-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

georgepink is keeping up the good workgeorgepink is keeping up the good work

I don't know. I would normally add to the 'it's gotta be a cable' response, but here's what happened to me.

I flashed a rom, don't remember which one, but had really spotty connectivity. Pick up the phone it would lose activesynch connectivity. Then I did a task 29, reloaded the same rom and it went away.

It got me thinking that, if you have a 'bad flash', couldn't it corrupt the Gsensor software in some way?

Anyway, not sure if it's the same problem, but I've flashed multiple times since and not had the same type of issue. Also, consider this, if it IS a corrupt rom load, then a hard reset might not fix it. only reflashing might. just a thought.

--Johan Wolfgang Von Goethe
Old 07-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

lubbad85 is keeping up the good worklubbad85 is keeping up the good work

Bad USB port. I had this on one of my tp2s. I returned it under warranty.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software