PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
[APP] Sorry I'M Late 1.0

People are always in a hurry to get somewhere. A common issue is to inform someone waiting for us that we are, let’s say, a bit late and maybe reassure him that we will be there in some time. It would be great if we could send a message to that someone telling him our approximate location and an estimate time to reach the destination ( maybe along with some excuses )

Sorry I'M Late was developed to achieve this task. This application allows a user to get his aproximate location and then send it to someone else though an SMS. While the idea itself is not new, my objective was in the first instance to create a User Interface as easy and friendly i could, secondly I wanted to exploit CellID localization instead of GPS. The last thing i wanted to do was to provide a more human readable message to be sent: most of the application i've tested, use GPS positioning to get a precise localization but then they send Latitude and Longitude coordinates or Google Maps links and usually when i want to tell someone where i am, i use street names instead of coordinates

Some features:
* Doesn't require GPS antenna
* Finger friendly UI thanks to SenseSDK from Steady Software
* Call history access to guess the most probable recipients
* Native SMS application used to send message to allow last minute changes
* Currently localized in English and Italian

This is an early stage application and I'm perfectly aware of some issues but if you can provide me with some feedback, i would appreciate it.
Thanks
Stefano

Technical stuff:

* .NET Compact Framework 3.5 required
* data connection is used to retrieve street names so be aware of this before you start the application

Attached Files
File Type: cab SorryIMLate.CAB (568.9 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by JDM_SOHC; 07-13-2010 at 02:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

just4kix is a n00b
Re: [APP] Sorry I'M Late 1.0

Sounds very useful,
Thanks for this!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No problem man, I tested it on Mighty's latest 6.5 and it works fine (as far as I can tell) lol.. It's still a Beta but seems to do the job alright =)
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Why don't you at least link to the author's thread? You cut and pasted his entire post, so I bet you could cut and paste the address bar. It's better to have the thread and forum/website where the program is actually being developed so people can get help and/or report problems....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719302
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

I did in my first text, but I forgot to hyperlink lol... thanks..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software