PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   HomeScreenJump for Manila2.5 *Updated to version2.0* ~How to assign to hardkey press~ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124195)

lnando84 06-08-2010 02:04 AM

HomeScreenJump for Manila2.5 *Updated to version2.0* ~How to assign to hardkey press~

1 Attachment(s)
We have plenty of hacks, mods, and themes available for Manila, Sense, and all of its variations. This time, XDA member dotcompt brings us his version of HTC Wildfire. If you are not familiar with it, Wildfire is a task manager type of application for Manila, which allows you to access any tab from a single screen, without having to use the Slider.

http://a.imagehost.org/0795/pic2_10.png

Description: HomeScreen from where you can jump to the Manila Tab you want.
Tabs available: Home, People, Messages, Mail, Weather, Twitter, Music, Photos&Videos, Call History, eReader, Documents, GPS Tracker, Settings, Calendar, Internet, Manila TV, Stocks, Footprints, Facebook and Programs Tabs.

Change Log 12-06-2010:
One Cab Installer.
Fullscreen view (no more WM6.5 buttons).
Visual enhancements and animations.
Favorite wallpaper crash fixed.
Readme file added to install folder

Change Log 07-06-2010:
3x3 grid with 9 Tab links
20 Manila Tabs available now
Wallpaper changer easy to skin
Favorite wallpaper - you need to copy your favorite wallpaper to \Program Files\HomeScreenJump\Wallpapers with the name "favorite.jpg"
Option to choose which tabs to show

You can find more information on the application thread.

Instructions steps:

1. Remove previous cabs (HSJ Basefiles.cab & HomeScreenJump.cab), and delete \Program Files\Homescreenjump folder in your device
2. Install the "HomeScreenJump.cab" in attach (device)

EDIT: Refer to post #9 for instructions on "How to assign to hard key press"

Attachment 72173

nuuuuts 06-13-2010 03:20 PM

Re: HomeScreenJump for Manila 2.5

interesting stuff, thanks for the info. I did follow the link to the xda thread and it's been updated to version 2.0 as of yesterday 6-12

lnando84 06-13-2010 04:20 PM

Re: HomeScreenJump for Manila 2.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuuuuts (Post 1812614)
interesting stuff, thanks for the info. I did follow the link to the xda thread and it's been updated to version 2.0 as of yesterday 6-12

Thanks, I've updated the 1st post with the new cab and info.

info[]box1 06-13-2010 06:55 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

looks kewl, I think will give this a spin...

ModmyPPC 06-13-2010 07:20 PM

Re: HomeScreenJump for Manila 2.5 *Updated to version 2.0*

Is this only for GSM phones

Pocket now says its only for GSM phones? Will this work on my CDMA TP2?

EDIT: Since you are on sprint I guess not... But im just making sure...

and you've been thanked!

Thanks

rlw 06-13-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 1812939)
Is this only for GSM phones

Pocket now says its only for GSM phones? Will this work on my CDMA TP2?

EDIT: Since you are on sprint I guess not... But im just making sure...

and you've been thanked!

Thanks

Yes this will work on your CDMA TP2. I installed the previous version and it is a nice mod, however, it is really not that useful if it is not assigned to the start menu hard key to it is easily assessable to the various tabs quickly. My question is, if you use the CDMA keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab from the XDA site will it work? The XDA site provides a GSM Keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab. That is what Pocketnow was referring to in their review of the mod.

ModmyPPC 06-13-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlw (Post 1813136)
Yes this will work on your CDMA TP2. I installed the previous version and it is a nice mod, however, it is really not that useful if it is not assigned to the start menu hard key to it is easily assessable to the various tabs quickly. My question is, if you use the CDMA keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab from the XDA site will it work? The XDA site provides a GSM Keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab. That is what Pocketnow was referring to in their review of the mod.

If you go into the settings and buttons I selected that as my default action key.

to hold down and press talk!

Im really loving this mod Thanks! and thanked

rlw 06-14-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 1813366)
If you go into the settings and buttons I selected that as my default action key.

to hold down and press talk!

Im really loving this mod Thanks! and thanked

Thanks for your response, however, I am already aware of how to change that button. The hard key button I want to assign is the start key button. I'm greedy because I also use Voice Command and it already uses the phone hard key for press and hold. Thanks anyway!

lnando84 06-14-2010 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

My question is, if you use the CDMA keyboard config. cab and the start key assignment cab from the XDA site will it work?
Yes this does work and it's actually quite simple to assign.

1. install sdkCerts.cab
2. install RhodiumKbdControl_cdma_.cab & soft-reset
3. Go to your settings tab and click on "Other miscellaneous settings"
4. Now click on "Keyboard Config"
5. Once keybd config is running, click on menu(bottom right), then "Add Key" (a box should now pop up that says "press and release key you want to assign for..".)
6. Now press the start hardkey button. now change the following...

Key Mode: single/double click, long press
Event: choose if you'd like single, double, or long press
Action: run program
Program: navigate to installed folder, example \Program Files\HomeScreenJump\Homescreen Jump.exe

7. Once everything is changed hit ok and then Update config(bottom left). A box should now appear saying "config successfully updated".

When pressed the hardkey button should bow open HomeScreenJump. Let me know if this works for ya

rlw 06-15-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnando84 (Post 1815260)
Yes this does work and it's actually quite simple to assign.

1. install sdkCerts.cab
2. install RhodiumKbdControl_cdma_.cab & soft-reset
3. Go to your settings tab and click on "Other miscellaneous settings"
4. Now click on "Keyboard Config"
5. Once keybd config is running, click on menu(bottom right), then "Add Key" (a box should now pop up that says "press and release key you want to assign for..".)
6. Now press the start hardkey button. now change the following...

Key Mode: single/double click, long press
Event: choose if you'd like single, double, or long press
Action: run program
Program: navigate to installed folder, example \Program Files\HomeScreenJump\Homescreen Jump.exe

7. Once everything is changed hit ok and then Update config(bottom left). A box should now appear saying "config successfully updated".

When pressed the hardkey button should bow open HomeScreenJump. Let me know if this works for ya

Thank you, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.