PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Question Where can I find WM Today screen enhancements? Not TF3D stuff

As I mentioned in another thread, I love TF3D, but the damn thing just gobbles up so much RAM and Opera runs out of memory (or makes it peak near 90% ). That's ridiculous. Are there any really good Today screen enhancements that do something similar like TF3D would do but not devour RAM? Please don't say "Flash another ROM besides Stock" or something like it. I can't get the unlocker to work, so I'm not even going there anymore. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Where can I find WM Today screen enhancements? Not TF3D stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
As I mentioned in another thread, I love TF3D, but the damn thing just gobbles up so much RAM and Opera runs out of memory (or makes it peak near 90% ). That's ridiculous. Are there any really good Today screen enhancements that do something similar like TF3D would do but not devour RAM? Please don't say "Flash another ROM besides Stock" or something like it. I can't get the unlocker to work, so I'm not even going there anymore. Thanks in advance.
Try Mobile Shell

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/mobileshell/

Old 06-01-2010, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

geekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good workgeekdaddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
I hear ya... I've been experimenting with the old, basic, today screen as well. It's not flashy but it's incredibly efficient. I can see my important appts, task info, and launch buttons in one place and my TP2 is A LOT faster running this way than with Sense, Mobile Shell, or anything else...

Seems like most users and developers have abandoned the older today screen. I can't find any interesting plug-ins beyond the new launcher app.

Then again, launching a weather, social media, or finance app (like weatherbug,. msn weather, fim, etc.) is probably faster and more memory "leak-proof" than running sense...
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

weatherpanel is a nice addition to the standard home screen.
have you tried it?
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 06-01-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

try out the new maxsense rom just out, heard its running super fast...

Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

iPhoneToday from XDA-Devs is a very nice launcher, along with PocketBreeze from SBSH makes a nice workable setup with a bit of eye candy.

That said, I really like TF3D... for now. Once the novelty of it wears off, I'll flash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software