PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opinions Wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwood View Post
If you make your own slider then please share it with everyone. Make another 25 sliders and share them as well. Then make another 15 or so clock digits. Start working on taskbars (good luck). Then when you realize that even more people want newer stuff and you would love to make them but could use something in return for once, you will understand.

Also, I did not do any of the "replacing icons from others work with cfcgui" as you claim, which makes no sense and is not how you make a slider anyway. I will write a tutorial and post it on the website on how to make sliders, clocks and taskbars. The tutorials will help everyone to make their own or to at least to try and realize how much work goes into them.

I do however thank santod for helping me in the very beginning with sliders.
Sorry man, I wasn't trying to be confrontational. I've made plenty of my own sliders, taskbars, and clock numbers through the years...so don't feel the need to write a tutorial because of me.

I thought most people just used cfcgui to find the right manila files, maybe export the stock images to png, edit/replace what you want with photoshop or similar program, and then use cfcgui to import the edited png file. I was not aware you wrote your own program(s) to accomplish these things.

The comment about using other sliders was because there were sliders using the same exact icons for older versions of manila/sense as the ones you made for sense 1920+. You probably just liked the same ones as other people who made sliders before you and used the same icons source, so sorry for my simplistic thinking.

At least you won't have to maintain any threads at xda anymore since it appears they have removed them for violating the rules.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 PM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower
Re: Opinions Wanted...

Honestly people are going to say anything not to pay. The response I have seen here on why not to pay for anything is responsible for my tummy aching laughter. I not going to pay for that thou lol!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software