PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

RESET is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SPB Mobile Shell Weather

I just installed MS 3.5.5 for the second time, I had a few days left of my eval when I uninstalled it last time. The reason I originally uninstalled it was because of the weather. I really like the current location option on the weather tab of the stock rom. Is there a way to get that in MS? I found a city kind of close to me but would love to have that pinpoint weather back.

P.S. Sorry if this in the wrong location.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: SPB Mobile Shell Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESET View Post
I just installed MS 3.5.5 for the second time, I had a few days left of my eval when I uninstalled it last time. The reason I originally uninstalled it was because of the weather. I really like the current location option on the weather tab of the stock rom. Is there a way to get that in MS? I found a city kind of close to me but would love to have that pinpoint weather back.

P.S. Sorry if this in the wrong location.
no, you cannot get gps-based weather on spb mobile shell homescreen like you can with htc sense. I have been using weather panel on the WM today screen for weather (you can use storyr's WPActivate to display some info from weather panel in SPB MS). It's not 100% compatible with 3.5.5, but you can use Vostradamus Mobile Shell Manager to add an 'invisible large link with narrow text' to display the current temp/condition from weather panel. I then use an icon with no text from the SPB MS weather. You can get an idea of what it looks like here.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

RESET is just getting started

Thanks for the reply. I wonder why they would turn off something like that. The rest of the shell is awesome. I thought for sure I was just missing something when I tried it the first time.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

shankscomp is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to shankscomp Send a message via Yahoo to shankscomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
no, you cannot get gps-based weather on spb mobile shell homescreen like you can with htc sense. I have been using weather panel on the WM today screen for weather (you can use storyr's WPActivate to display some info from weather panel in SPB MS). It's not 100% compatible with 3.5.5, but you can use Vostradamus Mobile Shell Manager to add an 'invisible large link with narrow text' to display the current temp/condition from weather panel. I then use an icon with no text from the SPB MS weather. You can get an idea of what it looks like here.
Yeah, I went to install the WPActivate, but it said that I didn't have weather panel installed. Isn't weather panel part of HTC Sense? or is that a different weather panel. Having the weather location is a very nice feature, and with me traveling so much, it's nice not to have to search for another city that's relatively close... Like in my current location.... I have 2 choices for cities... One is 50 miles west of me, the other is 75 miles east of me. But nothing in between.

Another problem I have with Mobile Shell, is the linking between facebook contacts and phone contacts, also uploading videos to youtube. Features at first I thought I wouldn't use much, but wow, those are needed a lot more than I thought!

Tim
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software