PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dummy sim card for sprint

So...i have no desire to switch to GSM services, and i have no plan to travel out of the country...
what i do desire is to be able to display a taskbar that does not display the no sim card icon...
i read a post somewhere that said that you can get a dummy sim from sprint, but after talking to customer service, tech support, advanced tech support, and the repair facility i had to drive a damn hour to get to, i have to either call BS on this, or just as believably, sprint hires people who dont know anything at all about the services or products they provide.
so anybody know a fix for this??
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 05-11-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: dummy sim card for sprint

I got a different taskbar (android blue, if i remember), to get rid of the "no sim" icon.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by selytch View Post
I got a different taskbar (android blue, if i remember), to get rid of the "no sim" icon.
post it or a link if you got it...
i have 3 or 4 that work without displaying the no sim
but there are a lot more, and some of them very nice, that do not work.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

selytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regularselytch is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My sequence of installs was
dark ninja android taskbar (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=626188) 6.5.5, from theme+taskbar
followed by
bignadad transparent taskbar v1.6 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106852)

or the other way around...

eventually the icon disappeared...
Old 05-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroewe View Post
post it or a link if you got it...
i have 3 or 4 that work without displaying the no sim
but there are a lot more, and some of them very nice, that do not work.
Try Dark Ninja's, always worked good for me and I have the Sim taken out of my phone.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

All you need to do to get a sim card is to tell thym you want one and they will mail it free... you sign up for the international plan but you need not go anywhere.......

International:

Inside USA: 1-888-226-7212

Outside USA (toll free): 001-817-698-4199
Old 05-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
So...i have no desire to switch to GSM services, and i have no plan to travel out of the country...
what i do desire is to be able to display a taskbar that does not display the no sim card icon...
i read a post somewhere that said that you can get a dummy sim from sprint, but after talking to customer service, tech support, advanced tech support, and the repair facility i had to drive a damn hour to get to, i have to either call BS on this, or just as believably, sprint hires people who dont know anything at all about the services or products they provide.
I have the sprint SIM card in my phone. The one that came w/ the TP2.. I also switched my phone to CDMA only instead of global and I have never seen the "No SIM card message".. I believe the SIM that came w/ the phone is a 'dummy' SIM that can store contacts etc if you wish... I'd look into the SIM that came with the phone as a quick fix.

Hope this helps
Old 05-12-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymikey1975
Quote:
I have the sprint SIM card in my phone. The one that came w/ the TP2.. I also switched my phone to CDMA only instead of global and I have never seen the "No SIM card message".. I believe the SIM that came w/ the phone is a 'dummy' SIM that can store contacts etc if you wish... I'd look into the SIM that came with the phone as a quick fix.

Hope this helps
I have spent the last two days talking to customer care, tech support, advanced tech support...and new today for my enjoyment, order services trying to explain that my phone didnt come with one and the closest repair facility is almost an hour away.

humorously, it took me three people to get someone who knew the difference between a simcard and a memory card.
gotta love sprints customer service...
Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint wont send a SIM out, youll have to see a service center and even then, there is no promise they will have one. The way Sprint looks at it, is the SIM is an accessory, if you bought the phone brand new, you would have a SIM card. If you got the phone through either Ebay, or your phone swapped through the WEL list, the SIM card is not necessary to make the phone work.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software