PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

afiggy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Change Themes in Touch pro 2

I am sorry if this is a repeat question. I read I need TF3D config to change the theme. I have tried all the suggestions to get it to work and so far only error message! I have tried:
Install on device and storage card, remove tweaks from folder, uninstall, install without tweaks cab, looked at registry errors for d word (I used Resco registy)

I have looked and relooked everywhere for a fix, can someone help.

I have Sprint HTC touch pro 2
Touch FLO 3D 2.1.38416.1
windows 6.1 os 5.2.21052 (build 210552.1.6.5)
Old 11-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

afiggy is a n00b
Re: Change Themes in Touch pro 2

Did I ask the wrong questions? Am I missing something? Does anyone know how to change themes?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: sprint

cripita is just getting started

I'm new to this too, but maybe I can help...

Which theme are you trying to install?
or What r u trying to change?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

most themes are .cab files and all you have to do is install the cab then go to setttings/home and click on the them to apply it.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

afiggy is a n00b

Thanks for the offer to help. I can download and install the cab's it it the TSK files that I struggle with. I downloaded one and copied to the windows folder and it shows in the settings/today but it doesn't change the colors or picture. Any idea's?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC TP2
Carrier: sprint

cripita is just getting started

Looks u did the right steps...
Try a different .tsk if works then try to find another one
BTW the tsk file doesn't change the picture or manila files just windows look if you have the TF3D active (as top and bottom bars and highlights colors)
Old 11-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

jcterry is a n00b

Are you disabling TF3D and then restarting it?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

afiggy is a n00b

Thanks to all answers. It turns out I was asking for changes to the Touch Flo 3D! When I disabled TF3D I saw my theme. I wanted to change TF3D not the phone theme. So I was asking the wrong questions!

I found a thread to help

PPCGeeks > General PPC Info > Pocket PC Themes > VGA PPC Themes HOW TO: Customize TouchFLO3D / Manila Themes
Thanks to
GoodThings2Life for clearly explaining things.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

juryrigger is a n00b

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Ok so this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone can still help me out. I'll preface this by saying that I'm an extreme n00b!

I just got a Touch Pro 2 for Sprint. OS = Windows Mobile 6.5

I'm trying to change themes. I've read numerous tutorials on many different sites and just can't seem to get it to work. I have HDWallS installed, but it never finds any wallpaper to load. I've tried placing .cab files in various locations on the phone for HDWallS to load, but they don't show up. All I see are folders like "Application Data" "ConnMgr" "Documents and Settings," etc.

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing quite frankly. Does HDWallS only change the wallpaper, and not the entire theme? If so, I guess I'm using the wrong program.

I've tried the tutorial here to no avail.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...p2-please.html

I'd like to use one the themes on these 2 pages:
1:
[THE] [Updated 22-01-2010] ₪₪₪ HDWall Wallpaper CAB collection ₪₪₪ [RTFP!!] - Page 7 - xda-developers
or 2:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/pocket-pc-...u2-themes.html (scroll down about halfway to the S2U2 themes, i.e. Star Wars, Star Trek, Halloween, etc.)

For the first site, I thought I could just download the .cab file to the phone, run it, and it would be done. No such luck. Do I somehow need to use HDWallS with the cab file or something?

For the second site, I downloaded a program called S2U2, and installed it, but couldn't get the program to find/load any wallpapers.

How do I get these themes to work? Please help!!! Thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:58 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juryrigger View Post
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Ok so this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone can still help me out. I'll preface this by saying that I'm an extreme n00b!

I just got a Touch Pro 2 for Sprint. OS = Windows Mobile 6.5

I'm trying to change themes. I've read numerous tutorials on many different sites and just can't seem to get it to work. I have HDWallS installed, but it never finds any wallpaper to load. I've tried placing .cab files in various locations on the phone for HDWallS to load, but they don't show up. All I see are folders like "Application Data" "ConnMgr" "Documents and Settings," etc.

I'm a bit confused by the whole thing quite frankly. Does HDWallS only change the wallpaper, and not the entire theme? If so, I guess I'm using the wrong program.

I've tried the tutorial here to no avail.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...p2-please.html

I'd like to use one the themes on these 2 pages:
1:
[THE] [Updated 22-01-2010] ₪₪₪ HDWall Wallpaper CAB collection ₪₪₪ [RTFP!!] - Page 7 - xda-developers
or 2:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/pocket-pc-...u2-themes.html (scroll down about halfway to the S2U2 themes, i.e. Star Wars, Star Trek, Halloween, etc.)

For the first site, I thought I could just download the .cab file to the phone, run it, and it would be done. No such luck. Do I somehow need to use HDWallS with the cab file or something?

For the second site, I downloaded a program called S2U2, and installed it, but couldn't get the program to find/load any wallpapers.

How do I get these themes to work? Please help!!! Thanks in advance!!!!!
OK
You are a little confused but that's understandable.
I will try to clear things up a little.
HDWalls is a program for wallpapers and skinning. After you are more advanced and if you would like to make your own themes then it is a great tool to use.
S2U2 is a locking app that is designed to emulate the iphone slide 2 unlock style screen unlocking. The themes you found customize the look of the screen locker.
For you I recommend you try some of the themes in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-themes...-3rd-post.html

Start with the second post.
Follow the instructions given in that thread.
Enjoy your device and Welcome to the forum!
FYI If you want to try some other themes you want to look for themes made for Windows Mobile 6.5 Sense 2.5
Good Luck!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software