PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   phone creeper on newest MR (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116956)

bigdreco 04-04-2010 12:56 PM

phone creeper on newest MR

I have just learned about phone creeper, which seems like a great program from what all the comments are saying.. but I installed the vo.8 on my tp2 which has the newest MightyRom on it.. and just makes my phone freeze som much that even when I do a soft reset on my phone.. it still freezes on the start up.. to the point it takes me about a half a hour to get into my phone..
my question is how can I get it to work on my phone??
also when I send the proper text to my phone, it just goes to my inbox and nothing happens.. am I doing anything wrong??
all help will be greatly appreciated..:mrgreen:

blackangst 04-04-2010 02:12 PM

Re: phone creeper on newest MR

whoa this is an interesting app....to answer your question, why dont you go to XDA and post in the developers thread?

edit: heres the thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527423

Scientific 04-05-2010 11:36 AM

This app is kinda scary...hope my ol lady never finds out about it...doh!

Straitup27 04-05-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scientific (Post 1681829)
This app is kinda scary...hope my ol lady never finds out about it...doh!

wow you ain't kidding...........:silent:

dapbmonkey4u 04-05-2010 12:20 PM

It is a cool concept, but in the wrong hands could be very malicious. I am not even talk stalkers, but identity thieves and big Brother...oh man, i shouldn't have typed that. time to get the tinfoil hat, if I do not post in three hours use the fallback plan and move immediatley.

Straitup27 04-05-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u (Post 1681914)
it is a cool concept, but in the wrong hands could be very malicious. I am not even talk stalkers, but identity thieves and big brother...oh man, i shouldn't have typed that. Time to get the tinfoil hat, if i do not post in three hours use the fallback plan and move immediatley.

lmao!!

DeMiNe0 05-05-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u (Post 1681914)
It is a cool concept, but in the wrong hands could be very malicious. I am not even talk stalkers, but identity thieves and big Brother...oh man, i shouldn't have typed that. time to get the tinfoil hat, if I do not post in three hours use the fallback plan and move immediatley.

It's been three hours...... Oh no.

boredandtattooed 05-05-2010 04:07 PM

phonecreeper makes the best ant-theft app hands down if thats want you want it to be.. doesnt have to be malicious at all... but if someone stole your phone, theres nothing they could do with it that you could export over to yourself and use it to catch them... txts they send on it, call histories, gps coordinates... does it all

ive yet to put it on my TP2, i used it for awhile on TP1s... it also gave me a blank today window that overlayed my homescreen.. there be an X in the top right corner and click it off and like i said it appeared to be a completely blank and transparent window.. just got tired of having to close that all the time so i stopped using it..

ill look into it later on my TP2, but im not on MR, im on stock... which instal did you use.. manual or silent? i remeber there always being 2 types of instal is why i ask.. you can also use the removercreeper and start over trying different things..

if the message even make it to the inbox, then your not sending the codes right in the first place... obviously if the text shows up, then theyd know something was going on.. messed up codes show, proper sent codes = action you requested only..

hopefully i can help you some later as i like this prog b4 and might as well throw it on again if its compatible

pmeunier 05-05-2010 05:27 PM

OK real scary thought....what if someone cooked this into a ROM and didn't tell anyone? could they then obtain information from anyone who installed the custom ROM? I sure have a lot to learn about smartphone security.....

bigdreco 05-10-2010 01:59 PM

first I tried using the silent version and it locked my phone up so bad that I had to do a hard reset even after I deleted the windows file.. I installed the cab version on my phone now and tried messing around with it.. but the text messages are all showing up.. I read on the XDA site that all the letters have to be lower case.. I tried that and im still getting the text.. do it have to be sent from another WM phone? because I tried it from my friend old flip phone and its not working.. I even tried email to text and nothing.. is there a website that I can send text messages from so I can try it again? also if you do have a working silent version can u post it up here for me please?? also any version that works for u as well..
thank you!!!