PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   custom dialer help! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116922)

joshlg06 04-04-2010 02:21 AM

custom dialer help!

Hey guys I really want to get a custom dialer for my pro2 but the problem is that it seems like no one has made one for the updated sprint 6.5 rom. Ive searched for and tried out a few different ones but everyone Ive tried thus far has had the buttons in the call status screen being all out of whack! so I figured its time I try to make my own problem is I cant figure out how its done. Could someone please give me a tutorial or a link to one. Ive searched a while and come up dry. Help would definitely be appreciated.

jdmsleepr 04-05-2010 10:29 AM

Re: custom dialer help!

you have to edit the phcanimages.dll file plus a couple other ones to do this....make sure to unsign the .dll before editing and then resign before moving back onto your phone

joshlg06 04-05-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsleepr (Post 1681738)
you have to edit the phcanimages.dll file plus a couple other ones to do this....make sure to unsign the .dll before editing and then resign before moving back onto your phone

Ok thanks alot bro. Ive been searching everywhere for a tutorial on this but so far ive come up empty. Im gonna keep looking and hopefully i can find one somewhere i think a tutorial for this would be a wonderful idea. Thanks again man.

piranah 04-05-2010 03:16 PM

yea this would be awesome. i edited the images the way i wanted, but the bottom row showing the * 0 # keys dont show.

Pegasus"143" 04-05-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshlg06 (Post 1680005)
Hey guys I really want to get a custom dialer for my pro2 but the problem is that it seems like no one has made one for the updated sprint 6.5 rom. Ive searched for and tried out a few different ones but everyone Ive tried thus far has had the buttons in the call status screen being all out of whack! so I figured its time I try to make my own problem is I cant figure out how its done. Could someone please give me a tutorial or a link to one. Ive searched a while and come up dry. Help would definitely be appreciated.

Try this one. Here.

jdmsleepr 04-05-2010 03:53 PM

here are the files needed to do the dialer for portrait...
pretty sure these are all that i used when i made mine...
cant remember not using the stock dialer anymore...hope this helps!!!

-Assets_dialer_Normal.bmp
-Assets_dialer_Pressed.bmp
-add_contact_Selector.bmp
-Dialer_back_key_normal.png
-Dialer_back_key_press.png
-Dialer_Bkgnd_Port.png
-EraseButton.bmp
-phcanImages.dll

kabuk1 04-05-2010 04:34 PM

If your bottom keys are getting cut off you just have to resize your keypad images. This is what I had to do after jstine made me a custom dialer. The originals were like 480 x 318, I had to resize the vertical keypad images to 480 x 280.