PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$100 for the first working solution

Greetings,

I am about to put my little TP2 in the blender.

I am running Bare Naked 6.1 ROM and I cannot get QuickGPS to work to save my life. Everything else is just how I want it, but without QGPS, CoPilot is almost worthless.

I have tried every cab I can find. None seem to work. The NATF cab loads, but says Connection failed, no matter what I try. PC no PC, etc...

Every other cab gives me the error about not being trusted when I try to launch the app.

I loaded MC Security Configuration Manager, but it does not see the phone no matter what I try, W7, Vista, XP etc...

If anyone can help me, without the need for loading another of the 10 billion ROMs I have tried, I'll gladly make a $100 donation to you or the user of your choice.

Thanks for any help.

Now where the hell is that blender...

Doug M.

******EDIT: 4/4/2010 10:23 am EDT******

Greetings,

Thank you to everyone for the help. While I never did get it to work correctly, I appreciate all of the advice.

I am reflashing to a different ROM to see if I have better luck.

While none of the offered solutions fixed the issue, in the spirit of my original offer, I just made a donation to the forum of $100.

Thanks again for the efforts.

Doug M.

Last edited by dwmackay; 04-04-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:22 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: $100 for the first working solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
Greetings,

I am about to put my little TP2 in the blender.

I am running Bare Naked 6.1 ROM and I cannot get QuickGPS to work to save my life. Everything else is just how I want it, but without QGPS, CoPilot is almost worthless.

I have tried every cab I can find. None seem to work. The NATF cab loads, but says Connection failed, no matter what I try. PC no PC, etc...

Every other cab gives me the error about not being trusted when I try to launch the app.

I loaded MC Security Configuration Manager, but it does not see the phone no matter what I try, W7, Vista, XP etc...

If anyone can help me, without the need for loading another of the 10 billion ROMs I have tried, I'll gladly make a $100 donation to you or the user of your choice.

Thanks for any help.

Now where the hell is that blender...

Doug M.
Two solutions for this, I believe.
Install BSB Tweaks and tap the setting for running unsigned apps.
Or there is a regedit to make this possible as well.
I will post that in a few, if you'd like.
But BSB Tweaks makes it easy.

**EDIT**
There are a few registry values that could effect this as well.
So, if you can't or don't want to use BSB Tweaks, I will try and provide the appropriate values to change.

HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001006. We need to set this to the unlocked state of 1.
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\0000101a. We need to set this value to the unlocked state of 1.
HKML\Security\Policies\Policies\0000101b. By default, Windows Mobile Standard devices have this value set to 0 – two-tier security. We need to set this to a value of 1. If you have this entry.
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001. We need to set this value to 1.

Those are the settings to change to security unlock, but as I mentioned, BSB Tweaks should do this for you.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 04-03-2010 at 04:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just tried BsB with no luck. BsB shows the Policy as On. I tried to turn it off but that did not help. I turned it back on, and still no luck.

Maybe there is a problem with the ROM.

Is there some way to sign a CAB file?

Doug M.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001006. We need to set this to the unlocked state of 1.
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\0000101a. We need to set this value to the unlocked state of 1.
HKML\Security\Policies\Policies\0000101b. By default, Windows Mobile Standard devices have this value set to 0 – two-tier security. We need to set this to a value of 1. If you have this entry.
HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies\00001001. We need to set this value to 1.

Those are the settings to change to security unlock, but as I mentioned, BSB Tweaks should do this for you.
I just checked all of these registry entries and thay are already set as you recommend. Bummer.

Thanks for the help.

Doug M.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:47 PM
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I just checked all of these registry entries and thay are already set as you recommend. Bummer.

Thanks for the help.

Doug M.
Hmmm, strange.
You could try to use this CAB file – MobileJaw-ClearSecurity-MobiControl-TouchScreen – to remove application lock on your device.
Then reset and try installing QuickGPS again.
After the install is complete, open the Start menu / Settings / Remove Programs and be sure to uninstall SOTI MobiControl from your device.
If you leave this agent on your device it will have an adverse effect on your battery life as the agent will continually try and connect back to the device management server.

Last edited by santod; 04-03-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Hmmm, strange.
You could try to use this CAB file – MobileJaw-ClearSecurity-MobiControl-TouchScreen – to remove application lock on your device.
Then reset and try installing QuickGPS again.
After the install is complete, open the Start menu / Settings / Remove Programs and be sure to uninstall SOTI MobiControl from your device.
If you leave this agent on your device it will have an adverse effect on your battery life as the agent will continually try and connect back to the device management server.

I just tried this again with no success. There must be a ROM problem of some sort. It is just strange that the Quick GPS CAB is the only one giving me trouble. I must have loaded 20 others with no problems at all.

Thanks again for your efforts. I really do not understand how you keep up with all of the information you have...

Doug M.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

when i had this issue i used vga quickgps cab and it worked fine. lemme see if i can find the cab its gonna look funky but it worked for me.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 02-14-2012 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:20 PM
"MODS"

Quote:
I just tried this again with no success. There must be a ROM problem of some sort. It is just strange that the Quick GPS CAB is the only one giving me trouble. I must have loaded 20 others with no problems at all.

Thanks again for your efforts. I really do not understand how you keep up with all of the information you have...

Doug M.
Thanks! I try. Sorry we couldn't resolve it for you.
It definitely sounds like it may be time for a different rom.

Although maybe the cab Darren provides will work out for you.
For your sake, I hope it does.
Darren knows his stuff too and maybe, just maybe, you'll get lucky with what he provides.

GOOD LUCK BUD!
Old 04-03-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
when i had this issue i used vga quickgps cab and it worked fine. lemme see if i can find the cab its gonna look funky but it worked for me.

I just tried this CAB. Same results. Thanks a ton for your efforts. I am going to throw in the towel for now and feed the kids. I found a QGPS alternative called SeaSGEE. Maybe I'll give that a try.

Looks like my quest for a bullet proof ROM continues...

Thanks again,

Doug M.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
"MODS"

Quote:
I just tried this CAB. Same results. Thanks a ton for your efforts. I am going to throw in the towel for now and feed the kids. I found a QGPS alternative called SeaSGEE. Maybe I'll give that a try.

Looks like my quest for a bullet proof ROM continues...

Thanks again,

Doug M.
Ok, bummer dude.
If you feel like one last attempt, I have attached one more cab for you to try out, if you want. Enjoy your day.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC QuickGPS 1_00_220821_00.CAB (803.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software