PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Facebook icon trouble (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116282)

joshlg06 03-30-2010 05:17 AM

Facebook icon trouble

I've searched for a good while now and come up with nothing so far so if this question is already answered somewhere else feel free to delete this thread.
I was trying to make a custom facebook tab icon for my blue glow slider set and for some reason it just keeps coming out looking like this....
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/a...eenShot1-1.jpg
I think i know what the problem is i just don't know how to get rid of the slider icon that appears as you slide your finger shown here...
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/a...creenShot2.jpg
Is there a .cab or something i need for this or is there some type of coding or something I'm doing wrong with CFC to make it do this. Someone please help its driving me nuts.

rhyme187 03-30-2010 05:20 AM

Re: Facebook icon trouble

what manila version are you running bro?

joshlg06 03-30-2010 04:00 PM

im runnin mighty mikes new 6.5 rom with manila version 2.5 sorry i left that part out i was in a hurry it was gettin pretty late lastnight.

rhyme187 03-30-2010 05:15 PM

there is an app here in this forum that is designed to make your own 2.1 slider but maybe it works for 2.5 as well i would say try it HeRe and dont forget to say THANKS

joshlg06 03-30-2010 05:24 PM

alright thanks man ill give it a try and see what i come up with

Edit: Ok that custom slider app wasn't really what i was looking for but thanks anyways rhyme for trying to help what I really was asking is if anyone knew what was making my icon do this and if there was any way around it because I have my icon made and everything I just can't stand the double layered graphic I'm almost completely positive it has something to do with the image that pops up over the slider when i slide my finger over it I just can't find a way to get rid of it. Hope this is more clear of an explanation as to what I am looking for and thanks again rhyme for your input it was still greatly appreciated.

WoZZeR999 03-31-2010 05:24 AM

It looks like the FB icon is in 2 places. 357374E_Manilla and 5D4F220_Manilla. Try making 5D4.. a blank PNG and leaving 357... as you have it now.

joshlg06 03-31-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 (Post 1671572)
It looks like the FB icon is in 2 places. 357374E_Manilla and 5D4F220_Manilla. Try making 5D4.. a blank PNG and leaving 357... as you have it now.

I actually noticed that too i was gonna give that a try ill see what happens and report back thanks for your input though.

Update: Ok so I have tried that by making one of the images just a blank image and when I tried making the 5D4 one blank the icon just disappeared so I tried the reverse and made the 357 PNG blank and it had no effect at all or at least it seemed to me that way. I'm not completely sure why there are 2 manila files for one image but only the 5D4 PNG seems to be the actual icon. I'm still stumped over whats causing the image overlap but I'm going to continue tinkering with it and if anyone has any ideas please feel free to let me know.

WoZZeR999 03-31-2010 03:58 PM

Actually, I think it's the 26948339_manila file.

The section

Code:

<Page Order="13" Name="facebook.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[Facebook]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\People\facebook.mode9" Component="SummaryAllPage" SmartComponent="true"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Off"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_On"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Preview"/>
</Page>

Attach your 26948339_manila and I'll take a look at it.

Edit: You could also try changing the 59B32C0 Mode9 File.

Edit2: I don't know as much about how manila works as I'd like, but I'm learning as I go. The 59B... Mode9 file has refrences for Facebook_on and Facebook_off. Both refrence facebook_tray.qtc so changing one of those may be another way to go. I would assume that editing 2694... would be easier though.

joshlg06 03-31-2010 05:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 (Post 1672571)
Actually, I think it's the 26948339_manila file.

The section

Code:

<Page Order="13" Name="facebook.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[Facebook]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\People\facebook.mode9" Component="SummaryAllPage" SmartComponent="true"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Off"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_On"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Preview"/>
</Page>

Attach your 26948339_manila and I'll take a look at it.

Edit: You could also try changing the 59B32C0 Mode9 File.

Edit2: I don't know as much about how manila works as I'd like, but I'm learning as I go. The 59B... Mode9 file has refrences for Facebook_on and Facebook_off. Both refrence facebook_tray.qtc so changing one of those may be another way to go. I would assume that editing 2694... would be easier though.

Ok lol so here is my 269 manila files for you to take a look at im not really very familiar with manila files and things yet either I actually just started working with this stuff because i wanted a more custom feel and look to things thanks for looking at this for me i really appreciate it man.

Edit: I wasn't too sure which 269 file was the one you needed so i just attached them both for ya.

WoZZeR999 03-31-2010 05:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Backup your 59b6 file first, but you can try the attached file to see if it works.