PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 10:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

scott8813 is keeping up the good workscott8813 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to scott8813
Smile [Tutorial] Add the new Facebook Tab to your TF3D2

Add the new Facebook Tab to your TF3D2

Alright here is a tutorial so that you can get it done yourself and not be overwhelmed. I took alot of time to put this together for everyone so if there are any questions, feel free to ask. For those who still think that they may not be able to do this or are afraid of screwing something up I will take requests to do the script inserts for you. You will have to put the 26948339_manila into a zipped file and post it on this thread so I can send it back to you fixed. Hope this helps!!!

Latest VGA Screens

Want to be one of the first people to finally have a facebook tab on your own personal device? Well I plan on helping you do just that. All that is required of you to do on your part is a few simple tasks.

• on your device copy 26948339_manila from your \windows\ directory to your PC.
This file is what you send to me to put in the programing for you.
download the provided attached file and copy all the files in the zip file \windows\ directory to your device's \windows\ directory.

FIG. 1

now on your device double click the "appFacebook.reg" file and it should automatically import the registry settings to your device.

FIG. 2

Now open the original 26948339_manila file with program notepad2 that I provided for download. It will look just like this:

FIG. 3

Now with that open, copy and paste this script in between the words "page" and then replace the "x" in the script with what number would have come next and fix the following numbers to continue counting.

Code

<Page Order="X" Name="facebook.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[Facebook]]">
<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\People\facebook.mode9" Component="SummaryAllPage" SmartComponent="true"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Off"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_On"/>
<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Preview"/>
</Page>

FIG. 5 & 6

I suggest that you scroll to the very end to insert this script. That way you can avoid having to change the page numbers for all of them all the way down.
Now save the file (may say it's a read only and can't be changed see fig. 7) then copy it back to your device's windows directory. (may have to recheck the "read only" selection first)
FIG. 7

To Reset Manila:
a) Delete "\\windows\manilaFull.xml" on your device (don't worry this regenerated when manila restarts).
b) Delete the configuration reg-key HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Configuration (this resets the tab list and allows the new tab to be included in the tab re-ordering page of the settings tab)
c) Now as long as I haven't forgotten anything, you can restart your device and after manila initializes (takes quite longer the 1st time), you should have a new tab.

Original thread can be found here:
Attached Files
File Type: rar Facebook Tab Toolkit.rar (535.6 KB, 126 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by scott8813; 03-28-2010 at 06:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

liable is a n00b
Re: [Tutorial] Add the new Facebook Tab to your TF3D2

did every step there sense will not load ,,,,,must have missed somthing tring agian
Old 03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gerchevski is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [Tutorial] Add the new Facebook Tab to your TF3D2

I finally did get it to work. Had to load Resco to import the reg file, and had to move the manila file after editing to a folder location on the phone then use Total Commander to copy from one location on the phone to the Windows folder. Otherwise looks great! Thanks for the detailed instructions.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:28 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

nice work on this
Old 03-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Lurker

joshlg06 is just getting started

hey scott great tutorial man this is sweet and i cant wait to get it working

Last edited by joshlg06; 03-28-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sirshaw is a n00b

b) Delete the configuration reg-key HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Configuration (this resets the tab list and allows the new tab to be included in the tab re-ordering page of the settings tab)

your missing that part in your quick readme here on the forums, other then that everything worked
Old 03-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Works great, thanks! One question though- Is there any way to change the slider icon? I'm on Mr. X with cmylxgo's Violet theme, and the big blue F logo clashes with it. Is there any way to extract that specific tab icon & edit it to match?

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC

Last edited by kabuk1; 03-28-2010 at 03:47 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:05 AM
Lurker

joshlg06 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
Works great, thanks! One question though- Is there any way to change the slider icon? I'm on Mr. X with cmylxgo's Violet theme, and the big blue F logo clashes with it. Is there any way to extract that specific tab icon & edit it to match?
you could try the CFC manila editor found here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95963
it should work for ya if you just wanna make your own the instructions are on that link too. I highly doubt if anyones made a cab for one yet beings as its so new and all but im gonna try and fab up my own as well to match my blue glow slider. I hope that works for ya.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

can this be cabed for the lazy and less technical? I fall under the lazy category.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

anyway some one can make a facebook tab icon using this
i tried but not that good with photoshop

preferably in gunmetal

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software