PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Request: Cab Pack Sticky (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115924)

Rescu2000 03-26-2010 06:46 PM

Request: Cab Pack Sticky

I was just thinking that it would be really nice to have a sticky post for cab packs. I would love to see some cab packs that are specifically designed to install on the SD card and drop the appropriate cab pack shortcut folder onto the Phone. Something that reduces the phone storage space usage. Anyone with better skills than mine interested in starting something like that? I think that there would be a lot of interest!

Eigenbroetler 03-26-2010 07:15 PM

Re: Request: Cab Pack Sticky

Do you mean just a thread that has all available Cabs for your phone?

TweetyBear 03-26-2010 07:32 PM

it's gonna be hard to make this happen cuz not everyone installs the same stuff. u can just choose to install to sd card instead of memory.

Rescu2000 03-27-2010 06:46 PM

I apologize, I didn't do a very good job of explaining it. There was a chef that did this once for a rom I used on my touch. He created SD card Packs with install cabs. It worked something like this. You have a zip that you extract to the SD card that has all of the programs arranged in folders. Then there is a cab that you run that installed all of the links to the SD card and any registry keys you needed to make them work. He would just load up tons of games and software. The nice thing about it is that if you reflash your phone, you just run a SMALL cab to install all the shortcuts to the phone. You only had to extract the zip to your card once. It made flashing and reflashing much more tolerable. He had Multimedia Packs, Game Packs, Internet Packs, GPS Packs, etc. His rom was a crystal themed rom. It was very convenient. I actually still use some of it, but the software is kinda dated now that I have a TP2.

Maybe I can try to make a couple and post them up to share...

santod 03-27-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rescu2000 (Post 1664321)
I apologize, I didn't do a very good job of explaining it. There was a chef that did this once for a rom I used on my touch. He created SD card Packs with install cabs. It worked something like this. You have a zip that you extract to the SD card that has all of the programs arranged in folders. Then there is a cab that you run that installed all of the links to the SD card and any registry keys you needed to make them work. He would just load up tons of games and software. The nice thing about it is that if you reflash your phone, you just run a SMALL cab to install all the shortcuts to the phone. You only had to extract the zip to your card once. It made flashing and reflashing much more tolerable. He had Multimedia Packs, Game Packs, Internet Packs, GPS Packs, etc. His rom was a crystal themed rom. It was very convenient. I actually still use some of it, but the software is kinda dated now that I have a TP2.

Maybe I can try to make a couple and post them up to share...

Why not make your own usind XDA UC?

Scenemaker 03-27-2010 10:42 PM

I starting thinking about this while I was reading and I thought it was a really good idea. Would probably only take me a few nights to put together. But then I realized that a lot of developers prefer you to not mirror or repost their downloads as they like to track it. It also makes sure that people know where to find the developer, information on the app, find updates and so on. So a sticky archiving links to different apps would be a better solution. There are already a few of them around. A sticky on one or two might not be a bad idea though.

codybear 03-28-2010 03:20 AM

Yeah, you could create a mortscript or AutoHotkeyCE script to do the setup of the links for you...it would probably even be smaller than a cab file.

psycho_maniac 03-28-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eigenbroetler (Post 1662585)
Do you mean just a thread that has all available Cabs for your phone?

i dont think this is what he ment but i do think this would be a better idea. good luck getting somebody to do it though. they already have one on xda if nobody starts one on here.

Psychobaby 03-29-2010 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1665437)
i dont think this is what he ment but i do think this would be a better idea. good luck getting somebody to do it though. they already have one on xda if nobody starts one on here.

Hi Psycho! We have one here too
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111190
Mass amonts of great cabs been tryin to get it added to the sticky thread :)