PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 04:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

00tj00 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stud finder?

Has anyone ever seen a stud finder for windows mobile? To be honest I dont really know how a stud finder works so it may not even be possible with this phone.
The thing is, the Internet's real, chief weakness is that it was built by people. Many of those people were diligent, careful workers, but most of them were just like the rest of us; lazy, irresponsible and frequently intoxicated.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Stud finder?

We're talking as in being able to use your phone to find where to hang things on the wall? If so, then no. Don't think it has the proper hardware/software relationships to help you in that department.

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

00tj00 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
We're talking as in being able to use your phone to find where to hang things on the wall? If so, then no. Don't think it has the proper hardware/software relationships to help you in that department.
Yep. Thats the kind. Dang. GF has a droid and showed me a program on it to do it... guess she 1up'd me here. I kinda assumed it used the internal cumpass(that im kinda sure we lack) somehow anyway. O well.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00tj00 View Post
Yep. Thats the kind. Dang. GF has a droid and showed me a program on it to do it... guess she 1up'd me here. I kinda assumed it used the internal cumpass(that im kinda sure we lack) somehow anyway. O well.
I may be way off base, and if I am hopefully someone else will chime in to correct me, but I'd like to think of something like that were possible, I'd already be using it on my TP2. God knows I needed it when we were moving back in February.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I'm right here

Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the idea of a stud finder is a magnet in a device that is attracted to things such as nails, hangers, conduit, etc in the walls thus pinpointing a location of a stud in the wall

IF the TP2 had a magnet such as this it would most likely screw up the device, the magnometer in other devices though could possibly be used in such a way via the compass as the metal in the walls being closer to the magnetic compass app/device could pull the sensor off then showing where a metallic object was

so either his girlfriend has a device to find a better stud than he (j/k) or a 200$ stud finder that a >10$ electric razor from wal-greens or CVS and some OK hearing can do for you as well

LOL

Old 03-24-2010, 11:02 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I do NOT believe a droid has the magnetometer necessary to find nails in studs.

I'm calling BS on this one.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

didn't find a stud finder but i found a metal detector lol didn't try it though...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...metal+detector

Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 AM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

A stud finder doesnt work with magnet, It works on a capacitance differential generated by density difference. The circuit in the stud finder can sense the change and reports it on its display.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

JewBastard is a n00b

I'm willing bet this "stud finder" just like the "x-ray" the iPhony released. its a fake, its no more than a video that the user times to correspond with the position of the phone in correlation with the wall.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software