PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

qwerty017 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for program to help with battery charging.

I have read around about increasing battery life and one of the oft cited recommendations is to unplug the phone when it reaches 100% for a couple seconds and then replug in and it will continue charging for another 30 minutes or so. I have done this and seen that it does in fact continue to charge for a while then the LED turns green. I do this a couple more times until the LED turns green right away, like within 30 seconds or so of replugging back in then it seems to have the longest charge and off to work I go. The problem I am having is that I usually need to grab my phone and go so don't have time to do the whole unplug then replug thing. So my question is, is there a program that will automatically do this for me? Is thee a program that will sense when the battery hits 100% and force the phone to stop charging for 5 seconds then allow it to charge again? And maybe continue this cycle until it sees the battery hitting 100% within 30 seconds of it being allowed to charge again? I'm pretty sure it's at least possible as there is a setting to not allow it to charge when it is conected via Activesync to a computer so at the very least it looks like it is possible to stop charging via software, but I can't code to save my life so wondering if anyone has ever made such a program or can.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Looking for program to help with battery charging.

I can't imagine that this procedure actually adds anough (if any) battery life to really worry about.

~John
Old 02-24-2010, 07:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

qwerty017 is a n00b

It seems to, at least on mine and it looks like some other peoples. At least according to a quick search of battery life tips that people are trying.
But either way, you haven't seen any software that can do what I am asking?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I wonder if someone could write a mortscript to toggle the "charge device while connected to usb" option every so often.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

qwerty017 is a n00b

Hmmm.... Mortscript. I've heard of it but never used it. Might give me a reason to. Any really good tutorials around?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

qwerty017 is a n00b

Well now I'm stuck. I got a mortscript that will do everything I want except stop it from charging for a little while. Is there a standalone program that will stop the phone from charging when run then allow it to charge when run again?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software