PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Creating a CHT quicklink shortcut to htc people without the people tab active

i have removed almost all of my tabs in sense and am using cht quicklinks for almost everything, but i am wanting to put a set of quicklinks for my favorite contacts, and one to HTC all people, but cannot link to it without the people tab active. this totally defeats my purpose.
anyone know of a reg edit or cab i can use to quicklink to HTC all people without the people tab being active?
HTC Touch Pro
Current: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Stock 6.5/2.5
Old 08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Re: Creating a CHT quicklink shortcut to htc people without the people tab active

i turned off the people tab as well. to access 'All People' i tap 'phone' and then tap the 'All People' softkey its on the bottom left. The next tab over is 'Favorites' but it won't show like the Sense favorites tab, they are in list view. You could also make your actual contacts a quicklink on the home screen using CHT, i believe u can with the stock Sense 2.5 as well

This might not be exactly what you're looking for but it's a workaround and probably the closest you will find. This happens for a couple things like if the Calendar tab is disabled, when you tap 'Calendar' on the home screen it does nothing. Same for Weather tab.

Last edited by kern417; 08-02-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuffkroewe knows their stuff
Re: Creating a CHT quicklink shortcut to htc people without the people tab active

thank you, i was aware of this way to get to the all people contacts list, i was just trying to make a shortcut to it directly in my CHT quicklinks.
i know the calendar and weather do the same thing.
i could however create a link to HTC messaging even with the message tab off.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroewe View Post
thank you, i was aware of this way to get to the all people contacts list, i was just trying to make a shortcut to it directly in my CHT quicklinks.
i know the calendar and weather do the same thing.
i could however create a link to HTC messaging even with the message tab off.
Do you mean the new messaging client? that in itself is an app, so that's probably why it still worked. you won't be able to link to the actual messaging tab if it's disabled.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIPsc00b4s7eve is a VIP

The CHT add quicklinks section called Notification Icons has a Notification link to missed calls/call log.
With my dialer and Manila version, this is a link to the last tab on a page that has Contacts, Favorites, Groups, Updates & Events (Facebook Sync), and lastly, Call History.

The Manila code that the CHT link uses for that page is: [[IDS_NOMISSEDCALL]]
There is probably code like this for each of the 5 pages. That way you can link directly to your Favorite contacts. It won't be the pretty Tab version with the Contact ScreenShots but it will be the same list.

Last edited by sc00b4s7eve; 08-05-2010 at 10:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software