PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tmobile htc touch pro 2
Carrier: t mobile

ccino6 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
someone lend a hand

i have an htc touch por 2 from tmobile and i just updated my windows mobile to 6.5. i would like to do two things, remover the highest and lowest information bar and make it transparent (the start button and battery symbols and the lowest bar on the screen). i also want to know how to get those shortcut icons on the home screen. someone please help me out, i dont have any particular roms, or anythingof that sort running on my phone but i would like to customize it the best possible. if someone could show me the ropes i would greatly appreciate your work.

thanks
Old 01-18-2010, 04:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: someone lend a hand

Try this cab to remove the curtains. Although you may want to look into HDwalls, which can make everything truly transparent, what it does is actually extends the picture to the top and bottom of the screen. The shortcuts on the home screen is Sense 2.5, you need to d/l a ROM that has that version in it, Mighty and a few other chefs have them out, you've just gotta find them in the forum and flash to it, although they are still somewhat buggy and slow down a lot. Have you unlocked and flashed to a 6.5 ROM? Not clear by your post, but if not, read about it in the upgrade forum and check out the different ROM's in there. If after reading you still have questions, post away! Good luck and enjoy!

Edit: Scratch that regarding Mighty's ROM, just re-read your post, you're GSM, he's CDMA... there are GSM threads/ROMs out there, but you need to make sure you DO NOT FLASH OR UNLOCKED for CDMA, or you're gonna have a useless brick. Check this stuff out here...http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99
Attached Files
File Type: cab No Curtains.cab (764 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by fishingmedic; 01-18-2010 at 04:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

try XDA-developers for more info on GSM ROMs...

you'll want to look under the Rhodium thread.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
try XDA-developers for more info on GSM ROMs...

you'll want to look under the Rhodium thread.
exactly, if you flash a cdma rom to your gsm device you'll most likely brick it (verrrrrrrry bad) make sure you read the information threads on how to properly unlock and all that. 2.5 is definitely still buggy but being that it was designed for a device that doesn't have a keyboard it works decently. i still prefer 2.1 since it just keeps getting smoother and smoother.

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 01-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ccino6 is a n00b

wow, i got a lot of learning to do. but the information provided sounds promising. thanks for all your help, i will update my phones status as soon as i get my sdcard in and filled with the right stuff. STAY AWAY FROM CDMA!! got it! thanks again, i will post soon!

thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ccino6 is a n00b

quick question... is it okay to sotre all these cabs, and "stuff" on my sdcard or do i have to use the phones storage?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ccino6 is a n00b

also, and again im a newb, so... how do i get all these zip files, and .rar files onto my phone. i'd imagine just put them into the rhodium files that get synced to my phone. or are there some steps i have to take prior to that (unzipping files and what not.)?
Old 01-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccino6 View Post
quick question... is it okay to sotre all these cabs, and "stuff" on my sdcard or do i have to use the phones storage?
to store them, use the sd card. you can install from the mem card to the phones internal no problem. i usually install everything to my phones memory but that's just me, esp since my card is almost full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccino6 View Post
also, and again im a newb, so... how do i get all these zip files, and .rar files onto my phone. i'd imagine just put them into the rhodium files that get synced to my phone. or are there some steps i have to take prior to that (unzipping files and what not.)?
the easiest way i've found is unzipping/unraring the files down to cab form and transferring them to the memory card through either sd reader or opening the sd directory when the phone is sync'd. once you make the connection to your computer you can open "my computer" and you should see your phone, double click that and open the sd directory and put the cab files wherever you want.

keep in mind that you can decompress a cab file through winrar, so watch what you're doing. if it's already in cab form just transfer it to your card. if it's .zip, .7z, or .rar then decompress it first.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ccino6 is a n00b

how do i change the .rar file and zip files into .cab files? with the deepshining latest version, is there a cab form out there. because knowing myself ill mess something up. if there is a .cab form can you please post it on here or tell me where i can find it.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You should be able to unzip the file and the .cab should be in there. Install the .cab, not zip/rar. Use WinRAR (free to try, forever lol), i think its better than WinZip.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software