PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transparent Icon's

I have not run across anything so I thought I would see if anyone out there has come up with anything. I am looking at possibly making some custom icons for programs and trying to see if it’s possible to make them transparent. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2010, 07:21 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Transparent Icon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I have not run across anything so I thought I would see if anyone out there has come up with anything. I am looking at possibly making some custom icons for programs and trying to see if it’s possible to make them transparent. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
If you follow this little guide, you can make higher resolution icon images for your programs. Essentially similar steps can be taken to replace your icons with transparent PNG's. Just open them in your favorite image editor and add the transparency and set them according to this guide! Hope this helps! If you need further assistance, please just ask me and I'll do what I can. Good luck!
__________________________________________________ _____________
By default, HTC Sense - aka Manila 2.5 Home Page Quick Link icon sizes are somewhat larger than the icons in the Windows Mobile 6.5 Start Menu, which are 96 pixels square stock. Being so, assigning a Quick Link shortcut in Sense to a Program from the Start Menu will have the effect of a somewhat blurred and upscaled icon which for me is ruining the whole eye candy.
The key to having nice and sharp icons in Sense Quick Links is having an icon assigned to a program, which doesn't need to be upscaled, but rather downscaled or untouched. For this, I've used 128 pixels square icons. You can find lots on the Internet or if you have spare time, you can create some yourself, as I did.

For example, let's change the icon for Google Maps, which looks rather blurred by default and make it look nice and shiny. Grab the attached png format icon I've edited and attached at the bottom of this post and place it inside GoogleMaps folder on your Device's Program Files folder. Name it whatever you like; we'll name it icon.png in this example. Fire up your Registry Editor and go to HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start. This is the place Windows Mobile stores all the information about the Start Menu shortcuts, such as icon information, positioning and timestamp of your last access. Inside HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start we'll look for a key with the exact name as your shortcut, in our case Google Maps.lnk (full path: HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start\GoogleMaps.lnk ). All you need to do is to point to the new icon and you do this by changing the value of Icon string to "\Program Files\GoogleMaps\icon.png" (which is our example case, but paths and icon file names can vary according to your liking).

It is not necessary, but I prefer clearing HTC Sense's icon cache just to make sure the new icon is used, so if you want to do that, go to your Device's \Application Data\HTC\ProgLauncher Folder and delete all the bmg files inside. These are icon caches that will be recreated upon next boot.

Follow the same procedure for all the applications you want to change icons for, just make sure to look for/create the proper key value inside HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Start. Soft reset and enjoy those nice icons!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software