PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[MOD M2.5 & M2.1] Rain Animation - Foggy Window

Here's my attemp at a fix for Manila 2.5 Rain Animation... The black screen just before the windshield wiper pans across the screen was driving me crazy...

Here's a pic of the before image.
It completely blacks out the home screen until the wiper passes:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Here you can View Video of M2.5 Animation for after:
http://s655.photobucket.com/albums/u...WindowRain.flv
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Note: M2.1 has a slight difference in the animation displayed in the video. See below for details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anand525 View Post
works as expected in 2.1 too. its slightly different though in 2.1 ... 2.5 seems to have all the components in the foreground and the windshield stays in the background and most everything stays clear (from your video) ... 2.1 we only have the clock in the foreground and not the quick buttons so most of the screen is still foggy but significantly better than stock ...

Be sure to install the appropriate cab below for your version of Manila...

Thanks to Bignadad for cabbing up M2.5!
Thanks to anand525 for cabbing up and testing M2.1!

Don't like the Foggy Window? Would you prefer to eliminate this image all together? Check out nate.spangler's post below...

Clear Image for Rain Animation:
Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99464

Here's a link to the post where the cab is for M2.1:
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpo...07&postcount=7

Here's a link to the post where the cab is for M2.5:
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpo...0&postcount=33

Give thanks to nate.spangler for these...

Hope you guys enjoy...

Last edited by D\/8; 12-04-2009 at 05:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: [MOD 2.5] Rain Animation - Foggy Window

that looks good!

*removed my cab....now located on post 1

Last edited by bignadad; 12-04-2009 at 01:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work
Re: [MOD M2.5] Rain Animation - Foggy Window

will this fix the issue on M2.1 too? or is it a different manila file? tnx. bignadad - can you modify the m2.1 equivalent too or tell me what programs you're using to extract the file and then edit the png? i find that whenever i edit a manila file it always leaves a white square in the top left corner of the screen (though my fix works) but the annoying white square sux lol. tnx!

Last edited by anand525; 12-04-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I believe the attached should take care of M2.1... Can't test though since I'm on M2.5... If you want, please feel free to test and report back... Once you confirm, maybe Bignadad will cab it up for us and I'll update the first post and title...
Old 12-04-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

dv8ways - tnx! i'll def give it a try ... however, i prob wait for a cab or when i get home i can cab it up myself and try it.

how exactly did you figure out which manila file without having 2.1? also as i asked bignadad, how are you extracting and modifying these manila files? every time i try modifying manila files, i get a odd white square in my upper left corner of screen. tnx.

Last edited by anand525; 12-04-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

works as expected in 2.1 too. its slightly different though in 2.1 ... 2.5 seems to have all the components in the foreground and the windshield stays in the background and most everything stays clear (from your video) ... 2.1 we only have the clock in the foreground and not the quick buttons so most of the screen is still foggy but significantly better than stock ... actually looks like a windshield now haha. tnx! cabbed up and attached ... i made you the owner and gave you credit in the cab. tnx again. let me know about my other questions ... appreciate it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab manila2.1_homescreen_clear_rain_fix.cab (257.5 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kid_kris is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
Hope you guys enjoy...

Cab attached... Thanks Bignadad!
I think you shot two birds in one shot. No more dirty rain animation with this cab..thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
how exactly did you figure out which manila file without having 2.1?
Someone had a fix for the dirty animation in the Main TP2 thread. I just unzipped his cab to see which manila file he used to fix in 2.1. Then I renamed my 2.5 file. Ta-Daaaa!!!

Quote:
also as i asked bignadad, how are you extracting and modifying these manila files?
I use CFC GUI to scan and extract the manila files on my PPC. Once I find an image I'm interested in editing, I use CFC to export the Manila file to a PNG for editing.

I use Paint.Net to edit the images.

Then CFC to convert back to the original Manila format and then re import to the device.

I'm not hardcore into Manila editing so I have to play around importing/exporting till I like the way it looks... I had like 6 different variations of this before I found the one I liked...
Old 12-04-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
Someone had a fix for the dirty animation in the Main TP2 thread. I just unzipped his cab to see which manila file he used to fix in 2.1. Then I renamed my 2.5 file. Ta-Daaaa!!!

I use CFC GUI to scan and extract the manila files on my PPC. Once I find an image I'm interested in editing, I use CFC to export the Manila file to a PNG for editing.

I use Paint.Net to edit the images.

Then CFC to convert back to the original Manila format and then re import to the device.

I'm not hardcore into Manila editing so I have to play around importing/exporting till I like the way it looks... I had like 6 different variations of this before I found the one I liked...
tnx for the directions ... i think i might make the png completely clear now so i dont have any windshield at all so i'll just have raindrops and windshield wiper when the animation plays.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
tnx for the directions ... i think i might make the png completely clear now so i dont have any windshield at all so i'll just have raindrops and windshield wiper when the animation plays.
Someone did this already...

Clear Image for Rain Animation:
Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=99464

Here's a link to the post where the cab is for M2.1:
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpo...07&postcount=7

Here's a link to the post where the cab is for M2.5:
http://www.forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpo...0&postcount=33

Give thanks to nate.spangler for these...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software