PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW HTC Touch Pro 2 XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EV vs 3G icons in taskbars

Its like it has been forever since VZW has been using an EV icon instead of a 3G icon in the taskbar.
All of the CDMA taskbars available follow this standard.... and now VZW switches over to a 3G icon.
What CDMA taskbars are available with a 3G icon instead of an EV icon?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: EV vs 3G icons in taskbars

most of the time, the dll that contains the image for the taskbar has ALL icons within it. i think that the phone chooses the one it needs. what i have done in the past is to go into the dll with a resource editor and swap the EV icons with the 3G icons and all is well..

i know that might not make much sense, but it not that hard. i can make the switches for you if you provide me some more info and a dll file.

are you running winmo 6.1 or 6.5?

Old 12-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

brent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on repbrent372 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I am running 6.5
Old 12-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

okay...send me the following 2 files from your windows directory on phone and i will edit for you.
shellres.192.dll
tapres.192.dll

if you need help getting them, let me know
Old 12-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

if you run the new mightyrom and run the new provison you will get the 3G icon thats what im doing. i remember when we made it a big deal when the rA icon wouldnt show up. 3G is a lot simplier i think.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
okay...send me the following 2 files from your windows directory on phone and i will edit for you.
shellres.192.dll
tapres.192.dll

if you need help getting them, let me know
Do I need a ROM Extractor to copy these? TotalCommander won't do it?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent372 View Post
Do I need a ROM Extractor to copy these? TotalCommander won't do it?
yep. here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ROMExtractor.zip (8.8 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
yep. here you go.
OK.. SO what format does the "SAVE TO:" entry have to be, because no matter what I put in I get "Can't create output file"
Old 12-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent372 View Post
OK.. SO what format does the "SAVE TO:" entry have to be, because no matter what I put in I get "Can't create output file"
save to should be
/storage card/*********.dll
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
if you run the new mightyrom and run the new provison you will get the 3G icon thats what im doing. i remember when we made it a big deal when the rA icon wouldnt show up. 3G is a lot simplier i think.
Can you post the carrier cab from MM rom? I'm using an older MM rom w/o the latest provisions..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software