PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] New Kernel (Speakerphone mic/keyboard bl!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
Confirming results of ahhh. Also does not stay on for double press aka always on fn/cap.

Thank you ahhh (wiz prollly wont see this....)

Rhod400 FRX04 test 1253 kernel
Am I now "ahhh"? lol.

Anyhoo, seems the RHOD300 (aka Tilt2) is the only device where the FN/Caps lock is correct. I haven't heard from any 500 users, but I'd venture to bet theirs is reversed as well.

I've passed on the info to WisTilt2, I'll hopefully see (well, at least talk to) him tonight!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [TESTING] Updated 1/26/11 New Kernel (Caps/FN LEDs)

just the fact that this, How to control any Android phone from Windows / Mac OS X / Linux via USB | GadgetLite - Latest gadgets and technology news, works, is almost "good enough" for me lol sitting here playing with this complete with jaw on floor with happiness. yea yea, i'm a lil behind on it for sure....
Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Gremlin75 is just getting started

Just loaded up on my RHOD 500, and here's the behavior I observed for the FN/CAPS lights:
- Illumination is reversed (FN turns on CAPS light, and vice versa).
- Light extinguishes after first keypress (even if CAPS lock or FN lock is set).
- No problems with repeating keys or symbols.
- When waking from sleep mode, the screen requires a touch to illuminate, unless you wait approximately 5 seconds. It will immediately go back to sleep unless you touch it within 1 second of it coming awake.
- After waking, the brightness level is dimmed substantially. Using the brightness slider under display settings restores the brightness to where it should be.
- Keyboard illumination works like it should.
- Angry Birds seems fine (only checked one level).

I'm always impressed with the progress being made - although this doesn't seem to work quite right for the RHOD 500, just the fact that you're hooking the lights seems to be a major accomplishment! I'll watch for the next build and see how it performs. =D>

Gremlin
Old 01-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

New kernel folks. WisTilt2 mostly fixed the Caps/FN - they almost always reflect the correct state. The only time I find they don't is if you hit the button 3x - basically cycling thru completely, the LED stays on until you type a key.

Might be good to note, whatever userland Android actually shows is what is accurate. We're just trying to get the LEDs to match .

Let me know what else you find - WisTilt2 is already aware of this issue. Other than that, they seem to work great for me!

He also included some more power management fixes, but they're only slight - he wanted to see if anyone noticed a difference in drain. I don't watch it that closely, but if any of you guys do let me know if you see a diff. Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

TO ALL!!!

Grab the kernel I _just_ posted in #1. WisTilt2 said he missed a few things in the last kernel, and that's probably causing the issue with resets to WinMo.

Basically a timing value on the screen timeout. So please, grab the new kernel and send it thru the ringer!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
New kernel folks. WisTilt2 mostly fixed the Caps/FN - they almost always reflect the correct state. The only time I find they don't is if you hit the button 3x - basically cycling thru completely, the LED stays on until you type a key.

Might be good to note, whatever userland Android actually shows is what is accurate. We're just trying to get the LEDs to match .

Let me know what else you find - WisTilt2 is already aware of this issue. Other than that, they seem to work great for me!

He also included some more power management fixes, but they're only slight - he wanted to see if anyone noticed a difference in drain. I don't watch it that closely, but if any of you guys do let me know if you see a diff. Thanks!
Thanks for the update. Like you said, for the most part things are working correctly now.

I peered at the IRC kernel logs, and it seems like he's just coding it into the kernel when to light the lights for now as opposed to actually hooking it into Android, and will be saving the real hook-in until later.

In light of that, I'd say that the lights are working perfectly fine now. There's a variety of ways to easily to cause them to become misaligned from Android (press fn followed by shift, press fn/shift on the home screen and then bring up a text box, hold fn/shift and press a letter, slide the screen closed after pressing fn/shift, etc.), but it doesn't really seem worth his valuable time to worry about it.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Gremlin75 is just getting started
Re: [TESTING] Updated 1/28/11 New Kernel (Caps/FN LEDs)

Quote:
Hey kiddos.

WisTilt2 wanted to get some more testers for this kernel, so please download and put it thru the ringer!

UPDATE 1/28/11

In this newest test kernel, he's been working on fixing the touch to wake issue, caps/FN lights, in addition to proper panel init/deinit and with it improved battery life - this correct panel collapse comes with the usual RHOD100/AUO panel caveat - it probably won't work for you guys! Sorry!

This is RHOD ONLY! Please, don't ask if any other devices will work as currently it probably will not! Use at your own risk!

Enjoy! Please feel free to report how this kernel works, so we can get the changes committed!
Regarding the CAPS Lock/Fn Lock lights, I can (happily) report the same results on my RHOD 500 - lights illuminate when they should, and stay on. The only problem is the (already noted) issue where if you press the button three times (or just once after you've been in CAPS Lock or Fn Lock), the light does not extinguish until another key is pressed.

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem with the screen after the phone sleeps - it will not wake until it is touched, and if it's not unlocked (I have the pattern lock on) within a few seconds, it goes back to sleep. The issue with the brightness setting being reduced after sleep is also still present.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:06 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Yet another kernel guys. FN/Caps should be completely fixed, except for ironically the RHOD300/Tilt2. It now has reversed LEDs, until WisTilt2 can incorporate a detection method (which is fairly simple, just needs to be done ).

Additional fixes to try and improve touch-to-wake issue. Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Yet another kernel guys. FN/Caps should be completely fixed, except for ironically the RHOD300/Tilt2. It now has reversed LEDs, until WisTilt2 can incorporate a detection method (which is fairly simple, just needs to be done ).

Additional fixes to try and improve touch-to-wake issue. Enjoy!
Thanks, running this now, and works as advertised. Everything is smooth so far.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

getting great performance with this on the 1-28 froyoX. This build of sys is seriously out of control different. gotta give it a whirl argh if ya haven't yet, curious to hear how much you have neg on it cuz it has to be getting slim.

anyhow, panel comes on without touching the screen EVERY SINGLE TIME. Press power, backlight only for ~2secs, then panel reinit to unlock screen. and i caught that wis added a second to the reinit i believe so this behavior is expected in the 29th edish. Reminder I am NOT oc'ed, alter only button wake and home/power in freshest rootfs, and running dudes froyoX 29th edish.

summed up version: what touch the panel to wake issue? haha

update: booting to android with spkphn on to get TiKL to work was interesting, talking went a lil longer than normal it felt. The boot process stopped right before "__________________ANDROID__________" in haret, (which could be the right place as always, just noticed today tho), then just changed to the way it operates in android with static for no reason. open line, complete with static and a lil of cool craaaazy noises. yay for radio waves! which makes one wonder what the inside of our heads sound like.... boots all the way up with static and is chillin at home screen, get a txt and the skphn test was kinda interupted/made this discovery of the skphn gettting shut off by the notification sound for the txt message

Last edited by MassStash; 01-29-2011 at 06:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development