PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > TP Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger
Golf Logix

For anybody that golfs a company just came out with a stats keeper for the Touch Pro,Fuze,etc......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfLogix
  • Approach each shot with confidence. Get the distances to hazards, layups, and the front, center and back of the greens right on your phone.
  • Track your game like a pro. With our patented technology, capture all of your round statistics. See the distances of each shot, greens in regulation, fairways hit and more right on your HTC Touch Pro!
  • View your rounds at home. Sync each round to your personal website at GolfLogix.com. Look at your performance over time, at different courses, with different clubs,or however you want to view it.
  • Play golf courses worldwide. With more than
    24,000+ golf courses mapped, search by city and state, or let GolfLogix automatically find your current location.
  • Hands-Free Use. Don’t want to press any buttons? No problem, GolfLogix gives you the option to auto-advance to each target. Just turn it on and play…It’s that simple.

I'll be testing it tomorrow to let you know how well it works.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger
Re: Golf Logix

Ok well I'm back from a quick 9. Was a beautiful day to be out there. Well my report on GolfLogix is still up in the air as of now. I didn't go out with a full battery but it wasn't empty either. By the end of 9 holes it was. This is understandable to some extent, you are running your gps none stop.

Now to how the program works. I used manual mode today and it was doing it's job nicely. Seemed pretty accurate, the distances it was telling and the club I would pick were going hand in hand. A few times I would pick a club take a look at the phone it would tell me how far. I would look at the club again and go back to the bag and picked one up or one down. Every time it would land right on the green close to center. While in manual mode it will want to record things like how far you hit the ball,whether it's on the fairway or left or right of the fairway, and which club you used to do it. It could be a bit tedious at times when you just want to move on.

When you first start up the program

If you pick "My Location" it will give you a list of the nearest course. Choose the one you are at and your off.

If you go to "Course List" you will find a list of countries and states or regions.

Find the course you are at.

When you are at the tee box you will see all the distances(next time I'll take some screen captures while at the golf course,lol)

While playing or after the game you can check your stats

Next time out I will try the auto mode and take some screen shots of what it looks like in play.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Went out again today for some more testing. Again my battery was drained from 95% down to 25% by the 9th. Good thing I was only playing 9. I captured a few screen shots from today as well.

Yardage from the tee box (in the lower area you can see some back ground in a small rectangle, I had capsure set to capture to fast and the screen hadn't full generated when it took the pic)

Measuring a shot getting ready to log what club I used

On the green you are given a screen to input some info. Number of strokes,puts,chips,or penalties. Further down (forgot to capture it) there is a spot for inputting some more info.

And of course your scorecard, wasn't the best day

Last edited by Wil Badger; 09-28-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

chaseacej is a n00b

How does this compare to intelligolf? I have use intelligolf for a few years now and it works ok. They need an updated interface as its about a 5yr old palm-ish interface.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Don't know haven't used it. I will say this so far it has killed my battery every time I've used it. Though it was been right after a ROM change so........

From what somebody else reports it uses both GPS and Data while in use.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

getinked5 is just getting started

I will be testing this out this weekend. Will report the numbers. I'm expecting my battery to last almost the whole time, but probably crap out at about hole 14 or so. I can usually get 3-4 hours of straight internet/phone usage when pounding on it. So i'm guessing the GPS will hopefully last as long.

Previous ROMs; Juicy.6, Juicy.7, Mighty.4, Mighty.5, FADY, PsykiROM v1.0, v2.1, v3, v4
Old 10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

New version just came out, v1.1
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: MF'n Diamond

thisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthisguyinoc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried out the trial version on my last golf outing and did not like the UI at all. I've been using Intelligolf for over a year now, and even though its using an outdated Windows CE interface, it's faster and much more user friendly. Here is a list of issues that I found in comparison with Intelligolf.

1. Once you are within 30 yds of the green, it stops giving you yardage, it says "<30" for all points of the green (Front, Center, and Back). Sometimes you have some large greens and I'd like to know my yardage (Intelligolf always shows you the yardage).

2. Scoring keeping is too much work (if you're not hitting par on every hole), you have to scroll through the points list for strokes and putts. It also asks if you hit the greens in regulation (Intelligolf figures this out based on your putts).

3. When you finish a hole and get to the next tee box, it asks for your score then continues to the next hole. If the next tee box is close to the previous green, it doesn't switch, so you have to manually skip to the next hole and it doesn't ask for your score. To put your score in you have to jump through hoops to edit the round and traverse through each hole to get to the one you want to correct....huge PITA!!! Intelligolf lets you jump to any hole from any hole right from the main screen.

4. When I finished my round, it took me back to the first hole. I couldn't figure out how to end the round. Not very intuitive.

I was very dissapointed. I was hoping this was going to be my replacement golf gps app, since Intelligolf doesn't work right in the latest 6.5 builds with it's old Windows CE menus. Guess I'm stuck with the older builds and Intelligolf for now. Intelligolf kicks *** and the price is right. The only issue with Intelligolf is that they don't have as many courses mapped, but they provide a tool to map them out yourself easily using Google maps. I don't work for them, but really like their product.

Juicy 7 090530 ROM

Feel free to buy me a beer if my work has helped you out.

Sprint Touch Cube Configuration Tool

Old 10-12-2009, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

getinked5 is just getting started

Well I did a test of GolfLogix on the HTC vs a SkyCaddie that my buddy has that was riding in the cart with me.

1. It seems like the gps on my phone would not update as fast as the skycaddie. The yardages were also different by a few yards everytime. Who knows which was really right.

2. you need to change your phone not to auto turn off or you are constantly turning it on and off which really makes the gps unit take forever to find a good signal.

3. I did love the easy of use for yardage locations of hazards and the green on the GolfLogix app. It was quick and very easy to see everything.

4. Since i use my phone for practically everything and its more important to me i just wasnt throwing it in the cup holder or hanging it from my bag, which we do with the skycaddie, since its much more rugged in construction. I'd say this gives a negative drawback to using your phone out there. With the sky caddie you can leave it hanging from your bag or throw it in the cupholder and not worry about it getting messed up.

5. Course downloading. The GolfLogix app is the best ever for course downloading. They have an option to locate the course based on your location, which if you are at the course already; it shows up right there. SkyCaddie you have to have a computer handy and download the course ahead of time.

All in all if i felt like carrying around a couple batteries and maybe getting some case to put my phone it i'd use the golf logix over the skycaddie. But if you have the extra money and proactively download your home courses over the net ahead of time i'd rather have the sky caddie so i didnt have to worry about what happens to my phone if i drop it or it starts to rain and i want to keep playing.

PS i didnt keep score with the golfLogix b/c we usually play skins w/ like 12 people and have weird rules so any golf program isnt going to be able to do that. So we use a scorecard for that.

Last edited by getinked5; 10-12-2009 at 07:17 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > TP Themes & Software