PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > TP Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 03:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

TPMJB is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just looking for opinions on some of the new roms out

Hi all, I haven't posted here in a while and noticed about a billion new roms came out since my last post. I'm currently using the EnerG 6.5 rom and noticed it's rather sluggish on my Sprint Touch Pro, to a point where everything takes time to load.

So really I'm wondering what is the fastest rom for the touch pro out right now that isn't stock.

Any suggestions welcome. I don't need anything too fancy so it doesn't need to be a WinMo 6.5 rom; I'll go back to 6.1 gladly.

Also wondering if the Android rom works well on the Touch Pro, as the last I heard radio didn't work (this was a while ago).
Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Jitterbug
Carrier: US Cellular

titaniumgiant is becoming a great contributor
Re: Just looking for opinions on some of the new roms out

check out nsfan's rom. they are the best. lightweight, fast and excellent battery life.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Check out RZ's Baseline ROM. The link is in my sig. The link to the ROM thread is in the first line of the 1st post. Like we say, there's fast...and then there's RZ fast!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TPMJB is just getting started

Well it does take a while to install these things/install all your apps, so ti'll probably be a while till I install a new rom. So I'm going to check out Nsfan's rom tomorrow. If I don't like it I'll try RZ. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

You could also go as simple as MightyROM is 100% stability and simplicity is your thing. I think they are pretty boring personally, but to each his\her own. Two 97% stable ROMs w/all the looks and badassness included are any of the RootRoms and Ski-Rom.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:40 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
You could also go as simple as MightyROM is 100% stability and simplicity is your thing. I think they are pretty boring personally, but to each his\her own. Two 97% stable ROMs w/all the looks and badassness included are any of the RootRoms and Ski-Rom.
ski-rom was pretty sluggish on my tp..
having no problems so far with nrg's standard 2.5
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

Never4saken is keeping up the good workNever4saken is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMJB View Post
Hi all, I haven't posted here in a while and noticed about a billion new roms came out since my last post. I'm currently using the EnerG 6.5 rom and noticed it's rather sluggish on my Sprint Touch Pro, to a point where everything takes time to load.
I have been using the Energy ROM 6.5 / 2.5 MaxManila (12/17/09), I have to admit that I am a ROM Junkie. I will try anything. Thought I had bricked my phone on more than at least 6 occasions. Luckily with patients and forum searching, that is not the case. I truly enjoy Energy's ROM the most. All ROM's have there little quirks. Hope that helps a little. Happy New Year!

I need help man, I am a total ROM Junkie.
...anyone know where I can find an RA (ROM Anonymous) meeting?

Last edited by Never4saken; 01-02-2010 at 10:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm not a big 'promoter' of roms, like some....geez I don't even have a fancy signature, but I am a junkie and I have tried all the latest since christmas. The best one out, is the lunacie rom. There are a couple of choices. Im on lunacieROMv28011-29La since it is a lite version for gimped vzw phones, but the regular 29 version is great. Also I would suggest looking for a chef who is online frequently and answers questions.
I hope those suggestions help.

[IMG][/IMG]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

xthesuperdog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never4saken View Post
I have been using the Energy ROM 6.5 / 2.5 MaxManila (12/17/09), I have to admit that I am a ROM Junkie. I will try anything. Thought I had bricked my phone on more than at least 6 occasions. Luckily with patients and forum searching, that is not the case. I truly enjoy Energy's ROM the most. All ROM's have there little quirks. Hope that helps a little. Happy New Year!

i have to agree with you on that one
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjh8812 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mjh8812

im looking for a ROM quite like mighty rom 6. only with Sense 2.1 with the weather on the homescreen, the one with the cool clouds, sunshine etc.. But im looking for it to work seamlessly in landscape mode, i have noticed with energy rom in landscape mode when people call me part of the buttons are cut off. Im sorry, im new to the custom ROM industry. I'm basically looking for something very barebones but with Sense 2.1 (weather on homescreen) and also the version of windows 6.5 that has the start menu at the top. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > TP Themes & Software