PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   PRL for Alltel users for Verizon network? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106561)

JFettig 01-16-2010 09:58 AM

PRL for Alltel users for Verizon network?

Is there a PRL for the guys who are still on Alltel but live in an area only covered by Verizon? I'm suffering here with 1-2 bars in some places while others have a full stack of bars.

I just downloaded 40058.prl from answerman and I get 2 bars at home rather than one. I think I should be able to get better than this. I'd love to be able to listen to Pandora at work off my phone (we got a crap connection) in better quality.

Let me know if anyone knows how to make this happen.

Thanks,
Jon

neonerd 01-16-2010 05:30 PM

Re: PRL for Alltel users for Verizon network?

Unfortunalty verizon is reducing towers after the alltel buy out, they thought the towers were redundent. This issue won't be resolved until they have complete their re alignment. As an alltel user you have access to both companies towers. Verizion has gaurenteed the same coverage to all users. If you feel this has been compromised after calling Alltel's tech support. I would file a complaint with the fcc against verizon on this issue.

JFettig 01-16-2010 06:07 PM

I'm not the only person with this issue. The PRL is likely prefering the Alltel towers over the Verizon towers regardless of the signal strength. This is even happening to people who have been switched to verizon.

Jon

eXcali 01-29-2010 04:20 PM

Just update to a new radio, there's a thread about it here somewhere.

With Verizon radio I get 1 bar, with Telus 1.04.05v I get 4 bars. There is a thread that shows major cities and which radio works best.

JFettig 01-30-2010 03:33 PM

I just tried sprint and telus and got worse reception than the verizon radio I am using right now.

The radio doesn't fix the PRL issue at all.

Looks like I put this thread in the wrong section, can someone fix it for me?

Thanks,
Jon

eXcali 02-01-2010 07:19 PM

PRL is preferred roaming list, I don't see why that would give you a low signal. The *228 option 2 will give you the most current PRL file.

JFettig 02-06-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXcali (Post 1533098)
PRL is preferred roaming list, I don't see why that would give you a low signal. The *228 option 2 will give you the most current PRL file.

Because its "preferred" towers are farther away... that's why.

jdmm72 02-15-2010 10:44 PM

I manually loaded a verizon prl 51638 and verizon eri in my alltel moto q. I now have full service again and Verizon Corp blessed it (after long Better business bureau fight).

JFettig 02-18-2010 07:44 PM

what do you mean they blessed it? can I just load it or do I have to jump through some hoops?

Please explain what and how.

Thanks!
Jon

jdmm72 03-20-2010 11:33 AM

You don't need to jump through hoops, (but you will need to load it yourself.) Verizon will not help you do it, and if you ever do *228 it will erase your PRL and put the neutered Alltel PRL back on.