PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   PPCKitchen ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105668)

GaMedic 01-10-2010 09:26 PM

PPCKitchen ROM

Has anyone built a ROM using the PPCKitchen latey? If so wil you post your selections for me to compare. I can't seem to get one to run. It loads on the first boot fine, but freezes on the second boot.

Adrianh85 01-10-2010 09:33 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

it has worked for me ! my 6.1 rom is built using it!! i havent used it within the last 3 weeks! i was also building for the tp2

nFiniti 01-10-2010 11:47 PM

Re: PPCKitchen ROM

I've been messing with it but will NOT keep it. PPCKitchen is extremely outdated still. Even with their new update. Also the Kitchen lets you barely install anything. Install too much and it has an error claiming too much. Which is why I'm about to delete the program. BUT if you go along the guidelines and not install anything except what the phone needs to function normal, the phone runs greese lightning fast. I mean faster than any Linux phone or anything I've seen. You tell it to do something and boom its done the second your fingers leave the screen.

I have been trying to get a rom built on a minimal base and just install the other stuff I like using, like the EZInput keyboard and Adobe Reader and stuff like that, but the EZInput install I have on the phone isn't working. So I am trying to get a rom built with it built in. But I am failing.

I dislike, I'm going to go back to Caulkin's kitchen. Just wish an update will be released with the new Sense. Caulkins kitchen rocks my socks!

mellon 01-11-2010 11:05 AM

yes, the BuildOS has certain bugs yet to be tackled

rstoyguy 01-12-2010 07:32 PM

Moved to the TP Themes & Software forum.

reeg420 01-17-2010 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ive cooked a couple of roms for my girl's son for his Tilt. I personally use Calk's kitchen for my touch pro but couldnt figure out how to make it work for his Tilt. So Im using the PPCKitchen which I havent used in a long time due to their errors you get when trying to update. Even after a year or more they still have the same errors. I have to manually update all the time myself. Anyways I cooked him a 23518 rom last week and hes been using it fine. Ill upload my build status log for yah to look at.

Seriously 02-01-2010 05:03 PM

I haven't been able to get it to complete in quite a while...over 2 months at this time.
Gotten all updates but still no luck.

If I try again I will post my log, but I just wanted you to know that I also had issues.

(this is on TP2)

Thanks GaMedic for all you work here and over there...