PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Just looking for opinions on some of the new roms out (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103504)

TPMJB 12-28-2009 03:41 AM

Just looking for opinions on some of the new roms out

Hi all, I haven't posted here in a while and noticed about a billion new roms came out since my last post. I'm currently using the EnerG 6.5 rom and noticed it's rather sluggish on my Sprint Touch Pro, to a point where everything takes time to load.

So really I'm wondering what is the fastest rom for the touch pro out right now that isn't stock.

Any suggestions welcome. I don't need anything too fancy so it doesn't need to be a WinMo 6.5 rom; I'll go back to 6.1 gladly.

Also wondering if the Android rom works well on the Touch Pro, as the last I heard radio didn't work (this was a while ago).

titaniumgiant 12-28-2009 05:32 AM

Re: Just looking for opinions on some of the new roms out

check out nsfan's rom. they are the best. lightweight, fast and excellent battery life.

Sharkie405 12-29-2009 02:13 AM

Check out RZ's Baseline ROM. The link is in my sig. The link to the ROM thread is in the first line of the 1st post. Like we say, there's fast...and then there's RZ fast!

TPMJB 12-29-2009 05:38 AM

Well it does take a while to install these things/install all your apps, so ti'll probably be a while till I install a new rom. So I'm going to check out Nsfan's rom tomorrow. If I don't like it I'll try RZ. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sharkie405 12-29-2009 07:37 AM

You could also go as simple as MightyROM is 100% stability and simplicity is your thing. I think they are pretty boring personally, but to each his\her own. Two 97% stable ROMs w/all the looks and badassness included are any of the RootRoms and Ski-Rom.

Batman 01-02-2010 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1444684)
You could also go as simple as MightyROM is 100% stability and simplicity is your thing. I think they are pretty boring personally, but to each his\her own. Two 97% stable ROMs w/all the looks and badassness included are any of the RootRoms and Ski-Rom.

ski-rom was pretty sluggish on my tp..
having no problems so far with nrg's standard 2.5

Never4saken 01-02-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPMJB (Post 1441510)
Hi all, I haven't posted here in a while and noticed about a billion new roms came out since my last post. I'm currently using the EnerG 6.5 rom and noticed it's rather sluggish on my Sprint Touch Pro, to a point where everything takes time to load.

I have been using the Energy ROM 6.5 / 2.5 MaxManila (12/17/09), I have to admit that I am a ROM Junkie. I will try anything. Thought I had bricked my phone on more than at least 6 occasions. Luckily with patients and forum searching, that is not the case. I truly enjoy Energy's ROM the most. All ROM's have there little quirks. Hope that helps a little. Happy New Year! :thumbleft:

Seriously 01-02-2010 10:35 PM

I'm not a big 'promoter' of roms, like some....geez I don't even have a fancy signature, but I am a junkie and I have tried all the latest since christmas. The best one out, is the lunacie rom. There are a couple of choices. Im on lunacieROMv28011-29La since it is a lite version for gimped vzw phones, but the regular 29 version is great. Also I would suggest looking for a chef who is online frequently and answers questions.
I hope those suggestions help.

xthesuperdog 01-03-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Never4saken (Post 1455277)
I have been using the Energy ROM 6.5 / 2.5 MaxManila (12/17/09), I have to admit that I am a ROM Junkie. I will try anything. Thought I had bricked my phone on more than at least 6 occasions. Luckily with patients and forum searching, that is not the case. I truly enjoy Energy's ROM the most. All ROM's have there little quirks. Hope that helps a little. Happy New Year! :thumbleft:

i have to agree with you on that one :laughing6:

mjh8812 01-04-2010 06:06 PM

im looking for a ROM quite like mighty rom 6. only with Sense 2.1 with the weather on the homescreen, the one with the cool clouds, sunshine etc.. But im looking for it to work seamlessly in landscape mode, i have noticed with energy rom in landscape mode when people call me part of the buttons are cut off. Im sorry, im new to the custom ROM industry. I'm basically looking for something very barebones but with Sense 2.1 (weather on homescreen) and also the version of windows 6.5 that has the start menu at the top. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. :notworthy: