PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titanium Tweaks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   change titanium icons (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74234)

raidzero 07-09-2009 03:31 PM

change titanium icons

How do you change the icons on the right side of the expanded panels? I figured out how to remove icons from panels by editing CPRs, but does anyone know where the icons are stored? If I knew that it should be as simple as overwriting the files with my own, testing, and cabbing.. thanks!

edit: regediting reveals this:
(while investigating the clock icon)

HKLM\software\microsoft\chome\cclock\ICONPATHS with a value of 2051;2051

I can not see a file by the name of 2051, plus if that was the name of the file shouldn't it be a path? titanium weather icons are a full path...

raidzero 07-10-2009 08:25 AM

Re: change titanium icons

more digging reveals these icons reside in \windows\bronzeres.dll so it seems all you need to do it unsign the dll, open it with a resource editor and replace the icons it contains then resign.. I will let you know how it goes.

raidzero 07-10-2009 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hah! that was easy. unsign the DLL, open it in a resource hacker, I chose PE explorer, makes it easy as crap! then edit your resource icons and replace! I wanted to test so I just inverted the colors of the clock because the other filters in my gimp are broken :( anyway here it is ugly clock by raidzero :-D

this opens up a whole new door for me...

Guero 07-11-2009 01:20 AM

This has to be one of the sweetest thread that I have ever seen. You ask a question, you give the answer and you give an example of how your answer worked. Way to do footwork.

codybear 07-11-2009 02:17 AM

I thanked you one every one of your posts.
I like how you didn't just wait for an answer,
you went out and continued to hunt down what to do.

raidzero 07-13-2009 06:18 AM

Thanks!

echomatics 08-13-2009 05:37 PM

Great stuff!

polarbjørn 10-24-2009 03:11 PM

Hi good thread,
But im having big problems placing the modified bronzeres.dll back in windows folder. I managed to resign it but can not overwrite exsisting bronzeres.dll in windows directory. Have tried using Total Commander aswell to no sucsess. Is there somebody who can help me???

dwizzy130 10-24-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polarbjørn (Post 1261091)
Hi good thread,
But im having big problems placing the modified bronzeres.dll back in windows folder. I managed to resign it but can not overwrite exsisting bronzeres.dll in windows directory. Have tried using Total Commander aswell to no sucsess. Is there somebody who can help me???

If you place it in a cab file, it can overwrite it. Use QuickCAB (HERE) to make a cab if you don't have WinCE Cab Manager.

dwizzy130

orangekid 12-15-2009 11:18 AM

1) is there any way to remove that worthless analog clock on the right side of my time?

2) do you know how to add/remove icons on the left side of the words (ive seen it but don't know where)