PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CHome/Titanium Modifications - Adding Panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bx718bklyn View Post
Trying to add more panels i f$%ked the opera and weather panel now i cant get them back now. i just gonna leave it until some make a rom with all of it.

Hopefully someone will
yea same here...I already had my phone configured on copper rom and had my weather displayed then I decided to add a panel for Opera...that's where it went downhill..followed the steps to the T and it doesnt work...I'm thinking it has to do with some of the things I have disabled. I had music, photos, calender, and appointments disabled since I barely use these settings before I attempted to add the Opera panel. After I did all the steps...all it did was removed the titanium weather from the screen...now I can't even enable alll the things I disabled using both chrome and titanium customizer..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It does work. Which version of Titanium Weather do you have? Exactly what steps did you take to add a panel? I have reflashed my phone 4 times in the last couple of weeks and performed at least that many hard resets. I do the EXACT steps outlined in post number 2 each time and get my panels set up without a hitch. I know many other people have got this to work too. Your Music, Photos, Calendar, and Appointments panel being disabled will have no effect on your new panels. There has to be some detail or step you're missing along the way.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
It does work. Which version of Titanium Weather do you have? Exactly what steps did you take to add a panel? I have reflashed my phone 4 times in the last couple of weeks and performed at least that many hard resets. I do the EXACT steps outlined in post number 2 each time and get my panels set up without a hitch. I know many other people have got this to work too. Your Music, Photos, Calendar, and Appointments panel being disabled will have no effect on your new panels. There has to be some detail or step you're missing along the way.
I'm using the latest version of Titanium Weather v.3a..I hard reset my phone yesterday and just installed everything yesterday. okay here's the steps I did...I installed all my normal programs after a hard reset. Then I installed Titanium Weather 3a as the steps indicated on the first page and then installed titanium customizer and chrome customizer as well... everything still fine..then I opened up titanium customizer and disabled some items: music, photo, email, calander, and windows live. Have everything set up the way i wanted with just phone, voicemail, time, titanium weather, text message, and favorites. So come today I figured i'll try and add Opera using the "Clinks" method. I disabled titanium and followed the instructions on the first page and after the cpr files was copied to the windows folder, I soft reset the device. phone loaded up again...I enabled titanium and now titanium weather is gone and all that is displayed now is phone, voicemail, time,text, and favorites. it shows up in titanium customizer and chrome customizer as enabled already but it doesnt show up...now I can't even enable any of the original items like music and photos back....
Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

bx718bklyn is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
I'm using the latest version of Titanium Weather v.3a..I hard reset my phone yesterday and just installed everything yesterday. okay here's the steps I did...I installed all my normal programs after a hard reset. Then I installed Titanium Weather 3a as the steps indicated on the first page and then installed titanium customizer and chrome customizer as well... everything still fine..then I opened up titanium customizer and disabled some items: music, photo, email, calander, and windows live. Have everything set up the way i wanted with just phone, voicemail, time, titanium weather, text message, and favorites. So come today I figured i'll try and add Opera using the "Clinks" method. I disabled titanium and followed the instructions on the first page and after the cpr files was copied to the windows folder, I soft reset the device. phone loaded up again...I enabled titanium and now titanium weather is gone and all that is displayed now is phone, voicemail, time,text, and favorites. it shows up in titanium customizer and chrome customizer as enabled already but it doesnt show up...now I can't even enable any of the original items like music and photos back....

Everytime
Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The titanium customizer just changes registry entries, so you might have to go in and do that manually if it won't enable the panels again. We'll get to that after we get your new panels up and running. I personally don't use that program, so I may have to take a look at that tonight. As far as Titanium Weather and your Opera panel not showing up, go to your registry and check HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\ExtensibilityXML and make sure both titaniumweather (with no space) and clinks are in the list. If they are not, you will have to add them in with the rest of the existing panels. Check that and let me know what you find.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

Thanks for putting this together Hafrust!

Maybe I missed this but I would love to be able to see that I have a calendar appointment without scrolling to that panel. 6.1 smartphones really had nice panels and the calendar would give you some info even if you didnt have it selected.

I also thought i saw on xda a 4 in 1 tab but cant find it, basically it combined missed calls, vmail, email, and texts, can anyone point me in the direction of this info? Maybe its just a preset panel changed up?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
The titanium customizer just changes registry entries, so you might have to go in and do that manually if it won't enable the panels again. We'll get to that after we get your new panels up and running. I personally don't use that program, so I may have to take a look at that tonight. As far as Titanium Weather and your Opera panel not showing up, go to your registry and check HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome\ExtensibilityXML and make sure both titaniumweather (with no space) and clinks are in the list. If they are not, you will have to add them in with the rest of the existing panels. Check that and let me know what you find.
oh...I thought u used titanium customizer too since it was in the first post with all the other things...maybe the 2 are conflicting with each other? I'll experiment a bit and see if I can fix it...okay I just checked the extensibilityxml and both titaniumweather CLinks are in there...I think im going to uninstall titanitum customizer to see if it fixes it...

Last edited by phistyle; 04-15-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yeah...I did at first, but got really used to just changing stuff directly in the registry, so I haven't used it in a while. JD is releasing a new ROM tonight and I'll be flashing again, so I'll play around with Titanium Customizer a bit and see if I can duplicate that issue. I really don't think that was causing it though.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

bx718bklyn is just getting started

Hafrust would happen to know if some 1 is making a a rom for the touch?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattemer View Post
Thanks for putting this together Hafrust!

Maybe I missed this but I would love to be able to see that I have a calendar appointment without scrolling to that panel. 6.1 smartphones really had nice panels and the calendar would give you some info even if you didnt have it selected.

I also thought i saw on xda a 4 in 1 tab but cant find it, basically it combined missed calls, vmail, email, and texts, can anyone point me in the direction of this info? Maybe its just a preset panel changed up?
There's nothing like that with the calendar that I've seen yet, but I wouldn't say it's outside the realm of possibility. As far as the 4 in 1 panel is concerned, I've seen the one you're talking about and I believe someone is working on converting it so it will work on 6.5. Showaco and Drkfngthdragnlrd are working on a way to add new panels with cab files using a new GUID and mortscript to update the cpr files. That will get rid of all of the nonsense we currently have to go through to do it. It will get a lot easier to customize.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Titanium Tweaks