PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Charge
Carrier: verizon

Lateadopter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
new owner of a XV6800

My XV6800 arrived yesterday. I was looking for a smart phone with wifi, but I didn't want to be locked into paying for a data package. Before I start changing anything on the phone I wanted to try and find out if I should continue using the wm 6.1 or is to possible to upgrade to 6.5? Also verizon is telling me that the sd expansion slot will only exept up to 4gb. Is this true, or can I use a 8gb or 16gb card?

I'm very excited to see what this phone can do, but I am a bit overwhelmed with all the differed suggestions on this forum dating back the last few years. What should I modify first, inorder to get the full potential out of this phone?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:50 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: new owner of a XV6800

welcome here, no answer though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateadopter View Post
My XV6800 arrived yesterday. I was looking for a smart phone with wifi, but I didn't want to be locked into paying for a data package. Before I start changing anything on the phone I wanted to try and find out if I should continue using the wm 6.1 or is to possible to upgrade to 6.5? Also verizon is telling me that the sd expansion slot will only exept up to 4gb. Is this true, or can I use a 8gb or 16gb card?

I'm very excited to see what this phone can do, but I am a bit overwhelmed with all the differed suggestions on this forum dating back the last few years. What should I modify first, inorder to get the full potential out of this phone?
Hey,

VZW just sent my new XV6800 that was to replace an XV6900 that just doesn't perform like the TITAN does.
I downloaded all the latest "Get back to stock Verizon" software, so I could unlock the GPS.

Edit: QPST is a usefull tool to avoid having to use the tech from VZW. (Also to keep things safe, in case you have to return the unit for any reason, the "Relocking" reverts all of your EPST data back to factory settings). I think when used QPST to load a saved file to the phone, it restored the life timmer too. (not sure tho).
Just make sure that if you use a PC to do the flashing, that it has a battery backup that will run for at least 15 nin. In case the weather gets bad.
I prefer the SD card method of flashing, becouse there is less chance of a "Blue Screen Crash", however some programs require Windows PC. And I never use a USB hub (powered or otherwise).
bbsandkm, mattsm, jmartin72, btonetbone, all have the latest pre built ROMs.
23001, is the build that I am running. Or you could download PPCKitchen, and build in just what you want.
I think that the latest build for the kitchen is 21501. But that is due for an update soon.
And I run all my data (exept flashing) from an 8 Gb card with no problem.

Enjoy.

Last edited by cac2us; 07-01-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: More advise.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

6.1 and 6.5 support any sd card size. I personally say to stick with 6.1. Try one of dcd roms liek 3.3.4 or 4.1.2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development