PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800, no2chem 50xx
Carrier: Verizon

theTastyCat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please advise how to emerge from stone age

Hi all - thanks in advance for your patience.

A few months ago I grew unbelievably tired of the limitations of my stock xv6800 and was delighted to discover this community. With all of the helpful info on this site, I flashed several custom roms on my phone, finally settling on No2Chem's 506x (can't remember exactly which one). With the recent QPST gps magic, I then got unbelievable GPS. That is, until it got weird a month ago. Then yesterday (in the midst of a 10-hour car trip) it died completely, and BAF GPS toggle's giving me the Error@Init [Please Report]: 109.

Well, seems it should be time to experience the latest and greatest custom ROM anyway as I've had this one for quite a while. Much to my chagrin I see that No2Chem is a bit MIA. From what I can gather, there are fixes for the GPS issue, but they all seem to pertain to MR1 and 2 which I think are new, official Verizon ROMs.

Could some of you kind souls give me some advice on how to proceed? I'm happy with how my 506x ROM is running, but would be even happier if there was a much better option around. Are the offerings on No2Chem's website the best bet, and how are the -M and -S and "3" ROMs for the Titan different?

I tried on several occasions back in the day to cook my own ROMs from the kitchen, but my custom ROMs were always so bloated and slow, even when I tried to make them bare-bones. N2C's ROMs were always SO much faster - it wasn't even close. Perhaps things have changed - is the kitchen worth a shot?

Advice please!

Many thanks.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Alltel brand
Carrier: Metro PCS

dev131 is a n00b
Re: Please advise how to emerge from stone age

i believe verizon has changed how their assisted gps works i have heard you can enter a different carrier for asst. gps that might work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There is a fix for custom roms also. Look at joshkeller77 signature here on the last page. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61558
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800, no2chem 50xx
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

theTastyCat is a n00b

Many thanks, fellas - tried the kitchen and at first was delighted but it's getting slow and buggy as my recipes always do - trying No2Chem NueRom-M now.

Thanks for the Telus link - will try it as soon as the new Rom flashes.

Sure appreciate it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development