PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Change your boot splash without a hard reset!

I do NOT take credit for this. This is already known, but I suspect a bit forgotten. When I found this I was so excited! It works GREAT!! I just used the SD card flashing method. Worked PERFECTLY!!!! Here is where I found this info:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...splashTutorial

and THIS is the method I used:

NOTE: If you do NOT use the SD CARD Flashing method, this will hard reset your device!

Instructions for Manual cooking (using Bootsplash Tools):
  1. Extract the Bootsplash Tools folder from the zip to your desktop.
  2. Copy the image you would like to use into the Bootsplash Tools folder.
  3. Run nb_image_converter.exe, click Load and select your image. (If you get an error about comdlg32.ocx, see the bottom of this guide for the fix)
  4. Click Save .nb and save it as splash.nb in your Bootsplash Tools folder. (Careful not to save it as splash.nb.nb, .nb is the file extension)
  5. Exit nb_image_converter and open a command prompt.
  6. Using the command prompt, navigate to your Bootsplash Tools directory.
  7. Type copy /b splash.nb+padding.nb finalsplash.nb and press enter. When it finishes, close the command prompt.
  8. Check the file size of finalsplash.nb. It should be exactly 262144 bytes.
  9. Run Duttys nbhtool Titan.exe and click on the NB to NBH tab.
  10. Click the box next to First Splash: and load finalsplash.nb
  11. Click the box next to Second Splash: and also load finalsplash.nb [I actually created a SECOND one and loaded that one here, and it worked flawlessly!]-petermg
  12. Change Device: to TITA10000, click Generate NBH File, and save it to your Bootsplash Tools folder.
  13. In your Bootsplash Tools folder, move the newly created RUU_signed.nbh into the RUU folder.
  14. If you want to flash using the microsd card, rename RUU_signed.nbh (located in the RUU folder inside the Bootsplash Tools folder) to TITAIMG.nbh. Then place it on the root of your card and flash as you normally would with the microsd card. [this method will NOT hard reset your device! ]
  15. To flash with the RUU, run RomUpdateUtility.exe in the RUU folder and follow the instructions to flash the ROM like you normally would with the RUU. [this method WILL HARD RESET your device! ]
Attached Files
File Type: zip BootsplashTools.zip (747.4 KB, 113 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by petermg; 03-25-2009 at 09:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development