PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 01:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: cricKet

RyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow 03/12/09 NEW Cricket (Version 1 Heavy) Titan ROM WM6.1 by Ryan Mogul

Ryan Mogul's Cricket Titan WM 6.1 ROM Version 1 (Heavy)

Hey everyone, I apologize for the Kitchen that I released before that caused people(me as well) problems. I have successfully merged Titan Reloaded 1.3.4's WM 6.1 base(way more stable than PPC kitchens builds/bases) into PPC kitchen and edited it to be so easy and fully functional for CRICKET!

I have tried their bases to build a custom ROM and it always ended up buggy no matter what edits or fixes I attempted. I exhausted myself trying then I used Titan reloaded's 1.3.4 WM 6.1 ROM saw how sweet and stable it was. It has touchflo(manila 2d) that looks amazing so I dumped it (do not try using PPC kitchen with custom dump files as it is ALOT harder than you think, you will waste a lot of time and grief) and added the dump for use in the PPC Kitchen which is ends up being an amazing combination. I then re-provisioned(ROM was originally tweaked for sprint) and edited the crap out of the registry to make the ROM fully customized, fast, and unlocked so to speak so that I can cook it for use with any Carrier. You are able to change carriers as well if you know how to delete some reg entries and install another carrier cab. If you don't want to attempt that just post in here and I will cook a ROM for you for your own carrier and will place it on this thread! I will be adding a huge list of optional items to be cooked into other ROM's let me know if you like this first release and I will see what I can do.

Make sure you know what you are doing before you attempt to flash a custom ROM onto your device!!

As long as you have a Unlocked bootloader(olipro 2.40 or No2chem 2.47) and a GPS enabled radio(3.35 and higher) then make sure your PST settings are set right for CRICKET you will have ZERO problems with this ROM!

Edit: Here is a link to my Cricket PST settings Thread!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61034

Code:
Another Mirror for Download!!
Ryan Mogul's Titan Cricket ROM Version 1 Heavy
When you flash the ROM (Must be named RUU_Signed.nbh for RUU utility flashing and it should be named TITAIMG.nbh for memory card 2gb and below FAT32 blank formatted card flashing). When the ROM first starts it will run its customizations let it do its thing and let it restart. When it boots back into Windows Mobile all you have to do is enter Internet Explorer and navigate to a real webpage(yahoo.com etc..)and then a prompt will come up enter your10digitphonenumber@mycricket.com and password is cricket, click save password and OK and that is it!! Fully working and tested Cricket WAP and MMS/SMS with no problems! I did a lot of tweaks to registry and provisioning to make this possible as the base I used(1.3.4) was originally meant for Sprint!! I pulled a lot of "All Nighters" put it that way lol.

This is the Heavy version of my ROM but it does not include "bloatware" it includes a lot of things you would download and install to "device memory" anyways. See below for what is included in my Heavy ROM.

This ROM has manila 2d (which is touchflo and looks amazing)(also Manila 2d doesnt work right in Landscape mode since it was pulled from a Touch with no keyboard, you could always disable it) and the only thing you want to keep disabled is the Messaging widget(leaks memory and stalls today screen only when its enabled) it is unnecessary anyways so I disabled it by default. Just use the MailboX softkey or the Messaging softkey to check messages, can always click the notification icon at top of taskbar too. Other than that you can enable and disable widgets from Programs/M2DC. If you have a lot of Contacts and Messages in your backup file give it awhile to smooth out as it is loading messages from probably when you first got your phone! Give it awhile, then it will be smoking fast after restoring your contacts!

Here is some screenshots and below is what is all included in this version of my ROM, software, and customizations.

Attachment 25960
Attachment 25961
Attachment 25962
Attachment 25963
Attachment 25964

List of included software:

HTC Audio Manager <---Awesome audio application that has Audio booster and can be also be played from home screen using Music Player widget in M2DC--I also tweaked the registry so Windows Media Player doesnt import Mid/midi, and wav files because that is annoying, now you can enjoy Windows media player and the finger friendly skins Included!
HTC_Diamond_MP3_Trimmer <---Trims Mp3's and can set as ringtone or save to ringtone folder! Good to have for on the spot ringtones! Can beam them to others or send through MMS!
iContact BE 7.0.1 QVGA-English<---Finger friendly contact app that scrolls and shows caller id pictures. Very Nice
M2DC 0.29.235<---Version of TouchFlo, Manila 2d
12 Extra M2D Themes<---Extra M2D themes can be applied in Programs M2DC
Manila 2D - Mark's Theme<---Theme that is active when first flashed my ROM, I like this and Fancy Red
HTC NetworkPlugin<---Transfer files and folders using networking, vpn or usb/serial.
nueFonts with Extra Fonts<---totally customize Windows mobile fonts! you can customize Touchflo's fonts in M2DC
nueLED<---Program that lets you enable and disable every LED light on the phone, by defaul I have it set so all lights are active Except the blinking green service light!
nueLight-v3<---Flashlight app that is enabled by default by pressing the voice recorder button, press and hold for normal voice recorder! Also has morse code and Strobe/Highbeam
Adobe Reader 2.5.103401<---Adobe acrobat reader for reading those PDF files wether its a Auto manual or an important document, view it on your phone!
Esmertec_Jbed Java_0_0_20080115_4_1<---Very stable Java platform for games and applications!
Camera 4.05.30525.00<---Stock Titan camera that I tweaked for higher framerate recording and quality set to highest, also I set it to take pictures for automatically viewing in portrait mode!
HTC CommManager - Touch 10 Button<---Excellent Comm Manager, finger friendly
HTC Vogue PhoneCanvas (Dialer)<---Stock HTC Touch(vogue)dialer, looks great and programming codes work, smart dial, and data arrows function, alot of people have problems with the arrows with custom dialers so this one is great!
PIMBackup<---Utility to backup and restore contacts/call log/messages and so forth very handy!
WMWifiRouter V.089<---Share your phones internet through wi-fi to other wi-fi enabled devices!
Oxios Memory<---Free up memory with touch of a button, I love this application
Black psShutXP<---Use this to soft reset your phone its alot easier then poking your phone with the stylus right? lol
RC Mod<---Totally customize all the colors of everything in Windows mobile, edit your theme on the fly!
Extra Ringtones and Alerts<---Plenty of Tones/Alerts to get you through they are all good
RyanMogul CDMA YouTube QVGA<---Youtube that works perfectly on CDMA cricket phones, I love this application for viewing funny things/ current events, all on proxy internet lmao love it.
RyanMogulCricketWAPandArcsoft5_0_31_7<---I tweaked and edited this version to be fully compatible with cricket, works perfect!
Skip Welcome<---Skips the welcome screen after flashing or a hard reset, so make sure you set up your Time Zone and screen calibration if it needs but it shouldnt.
SlideSound<---Slide sound utility by Tiermann, make sure when you activate it that you dont click Run Program, just click start with windows and play sounds, to shut sounds off unclick play sounds. Easy. I put some cool slider sounds right in the windows directory.
Various Today Themes<---Including some of my own from back in the day but they are awesome!
Data Timer/Disconnect Indicator<---Allows you to see how long your data connection has been active and gives you option to disconnect. I use this alot its easier then clicking comm manager and disabling.
Volume beeps off<---I set this so there is no call or end sounds/ no volume beeps, works out real nice.
Volume higher<---More control over volume levels, its spread out more evenly and turned all the way up is much higher!
nueUSB Mass Storage Driver
RyanMogul Registry tweaks<---Little bit of everything, my general customizations that I like to use.
Ryan Mogul's Total Direct 3D and SDHC Tune up<---Better 3d driver and demo and SDHC tune up sets values for speed!

Edit: Here is a link to my Cricket PST settings Thread!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61034

Code:
Continued Below:

Last edited by RyanMogul6800; 03-14-2009 at 09:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

RyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on repRyanMogul6800 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Arrow Continued

Pocket RAR<---Decrompess those .rar and .zip files with this utility.
Rubik<---3d rubix cube game that is a brain twister
BL OSXRed Alternate Keyboard Skin<---Changes the stock stylus keyboard for one with Red Function keys, this is a great to have as the little keyboard stinks without it.
TCPMP<---Core player that has more settings than media player for playing just about every format you can throw at it! Even old qualcom videos from a clamshell phone! Media player also plays everything as I loaded windows with codecs!
TripYzee<---Yahtzee game
TVGuide<---This program is so great to have, set reminders for programs look up programs, its just like TVGuide.com except on windows mobile its awesome.
Advanced_Configuration_Tool_v3_3<---Tool to tweak windows mobile, just be careful and always make backups.
DeviceLock<---A device lock utility that is useful
HTC Album<---Finger friendly photo album that you can use gestures to navigate/zoom really far into photos, also Manila 2d has a photo widget that this uses right from today screen if widget activated.

More Screenshots:

Attachment 25965
Attachment 25966
Attachment 25967
Attachment 25968
Attachment 25969

Here are some of the customizations:

Page Pool locked at 6: <--cannot be changed so if your previous ROM has anything higher or lower than 6 I recommend a hard reset and a battery pull for 1 minute.

My ROM flashes new Boot Screens and a Start-up animation: <--You will like the Cricket and HTC bootscreens that my ROM flashes, as well as the animation that gives the phone a lightning effect.

Sounds and Notifications already set: <--Everything is all set up I included alot of sounds and ringers as well. Sound for Missed calls etc.. is set to my famous "Trumpet" sound that is nice and loud you will like. Also its set to flash the lights for messages, missed calls, and reminders. The ringer is set to Vibrate and Ring by default and a Normal Windows ring, you can change that to whatever you want but I recommend leaving everything else at what it is set at.

Keyboard auto suggest on and lag and delay gone: <--I have it set so that in 3 letters it will suggest 4 different words, also it puts a space at the end of each suggested word. You might want to set the Capatilize first letter of each sentence though as I like it set to off. If keyboard repeat rate is a little slow then turn off Auto Suggest and it will be fast as can be.

Power settings: <--I fine tuned this so that screen dims in 30 seconds on battery and 1 minute on charger. It will go into standby in 1 minute on battery and 2 minutes on charger. The keyboard backlight will come on and stay on for 30 seconds if no keys pressed. I also set some power parameters for a mix of performance and good battery life.

Visual Settings: <--Cleartype is on for both Portrait and Landscape as well as Internet Explorer. Optimized D3D driver and settings that speed up overall graphics performance. Bottom softkeys for today and touchflo mode both my custom name MailboX and RoladeX! This ROM includes a 10 buttom Comm manager and is all you will ever need!

Cache Settings: <--I set Glyphcache to 16384, FATFS cache enabled set to 1 and set to 4096 and also replstorecachesize to 4096 all these tweaks speed up phone and memory card performance. You can change these in registry to default values (glyph 8192, FATFS cache set to 0 and enabled set to 0, replstorecachesize set to 0) if the phone needs a little more free RAM and since it has TouchFlo2d(manila) it may need just that depending on what you do with it. I like it to look modern and I also like speed.

Messaging and Connections settings: <--Please do not mess with these as they are fine tuned for CRICKET!! It will always work perfect for you if you leave it alone I cant be responsible if anyone changes anything but you can always post your problems in this thread and I will be more than happy to help sort it out.

Button Settings: <--All these are stock with the exception of the Voice recorder button on left side of phone. I have that set by default to turn on a FLASHLIGHT by No2Chem! This is a very usefull feature. It also retains the stock setting of press that button and hold for Voice recorder!

Let me know how you all like this ROM I have tried alot of them and this is the easiest and most stable that is already set up very nicely. I will always use this rom until the Titan is no longer! I love exploiting Cricket! 45$ a month unlimited EVDO Internet and SMS/MMS with a awesome PDA phone, cannot beat it.

Code:
Ryan Mogul

This post has been thanked 16 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thumbs up One note to add.

I forgot to mention one thing. I want to make sure you guys know that if your extended ROM has a bunch of IOTA, Re-Provisioning, and Carrier Customizations that when you flash my ROM it runs Customizations. That may mess up ability to use on Cricket which you probably know. If you use the method of soft resetting to cancel the AutoRun Customizations(all it installs is new google maps that works with touchflo and manila 2d it self).

Those cabs can be found in the windows directory and installed after skipping the customizations! Hope this helps!

Other solution is unlock the extended rom and delete everything in there first!! Then let the ROM install as it should customizations and all.

Last edited by RyanMogul6800; 03-13-2009 at 12:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

wonho1027 is a n00b
Re: 03/12/09 NEW Cricket (Version 1 Heavy) Titan ROM WM6.1 by Ryan Mogul

Hey there.

Would there be anyway to get this to work on a Sprint phone? It seems it might be a rather simple solution.... thanks, and great looking ROM.

Last edited by wonho1027; 03-12-2009 at 07:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:38 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thumbs up Re: 03/12/09 NEW Cricket (Version 1 Heavy) Titan ROM WM6.1 by Ryan Mogul

Here is a SPRINT version of my ROM that I cooked, you can try it out. But always have backups of your old ROM and files/contacts/messages etc..

I can only be totally sure that my Cricket version will work perfect. This version you may have to do some registry edits. etc.. You have to search and Read, read, read. But this should get you started.

Sprint Version of MY TITAN ROM

Also Here is a Cab I made for people that like Voice Speed Dial, make sure to soft reset after installing as it installs a start up file. This will show up in programs and can be assigned to a button or add it to your programs widget. This is also uninstallable. I will be including this in all future ROMS, I didnt include because I dont use it but I like it so I will. Enjoy!

This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800 Magul
Carrier: Cricket

riprallyally is a n00b

I installed your cricket rom and so far I love it thanks for all your hard work.
Only one problem I do not have internet access on my plan for cricket got everything to work aside from mms (Picture Messaging). I have gotten it to work on all other roms i have used it the past but for some reason it wont send or download it says sending or receiving but never actually receives just wondering settings i should use they all seem right to me.

Just added internet to plan gonna test now will edit with update.

Edit: Added internet to plan and no effect now it connects to the cricket proxy but refuses to navigate to webpage always times out and still no picture messaging any help would be greatly appriciated

Last edited by riprallyally; 03-13-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yea, you need a (data plan) data connection to Send or Receive MMS(picture) messages. SMS(text) can be sent and received through normal phone service(1X). Thats not my ROMs requirements but its every phone providers requirements. I hope you didnt try fiddling with any settings on my ROM though? If not then once cricket activates your data you should be good, only reason you may not be is because "YOUR" PST settings arent set right. I listed that fact in my thread. I am not used to people not at least having Unlimited WAP on cricket? Who wouldnt? Its 5 more dollars a month, and you have a Pocket PC smartphone. Why wouldnt you have data activated by cricket? Lmao. Well hope it works out for you.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800 Magul
Carrier: Cricket

riprallyally is a n00b

Who knows i though that since pocket pc with wifi i would only use wifi but oh well fixed that would I be better off doing hard reset and start from beginning of your roms settings?

i fiddled a litle bit with setting cause they just seemed wrong to me looked liek a few servers were still pointing to my verizon base for the phone.

Edit btw i had to force a prl update onto rom cause it was still pointing to verizon towers not sure why but after prl update worked fine without mms or wap gonna try hard reset see what happens been messing with my mogul for a few days now and a few before mine too so i have an idea what i am doing thanks for the quick response will post any changes
Old 03-13-2009, 01:05 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Make sure your extended ROM has no Carrier Auto RUNS in it! I explained this. What you should do is hard reset and let it install. Then when it says this device will auto customize in 3 seconds hurry up and soft reset using the stylus in the bottom hole of the phone. That will prevent it from running your Carrier cabs hidden in extended ROM. Now you have to make sure your Data settings are set right in PST(hdr user, hdr ppp etc..) so you authenticate, also your M.I.P settings have to be set to Simple IP only, and only have default profile active, with the other 5 M.i.P profiles to disabled. You have to have settings right... You can then navigate to windows folder on phone and install Manila 2d cab, its in there look around, and google maps if you want. then goto internet explorer and navigate to real webpage, blah blah blah, read my thread it will explain from here on.

To access PST with my ROM turn smart dialing off from phone dialer then dial ##778 call. then goto edit and enter six 0's

If you had an idea what you are doing, you wouldnt be having problems. The ROM is perfect if your PST settings are correct and you dont have Carrier Customizations hidden in your Ext ROM, and if you have carrier things in there it can still be perfect, just follow my instructions... lookup how to unlock your ext rom and delete everything in there if need be. My thread is not meant to baby step everyone through to the very end, just provide a nice Cricket ROM.

Last edited by RyanMogul6800; 03-13-2009 at 01:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 12 times.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thumbs up another note to add

After you have the ROM all set up and everything is working you may notice that the internet doesnt work when plugged into your computer.

Go to Start bar/settings/connections tab/connections settings/advanced tab/ click select networks. Now see the pull down menus? Select the top pull down and make it say My Work Network, and the bottom one Cricket.

There Internet should now work perfect using your Computers connection when connected to it, and work perfect when not connected to computer using Crickets WAP.
This post has been thanked 12 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development