PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow GaMedics ROM Multple Carriers Verizon,Sprint,Alltel,Cricket,US Cell(UPDATED 12/20/08)

This ROM has been updated on 12/20/2008. I have made ROMs for several carriers. If you have a special request for another carrier post it and I will try to do the ROM *if* I have time.
Many people have asked me to provide the ROM that I use everyday. I will post the ROM here for users to try. I am not trying to take credit for anyone else's work by posting this ROM. Let it be known that this ROM was made with the PPC Kitchen using base 20931. I am not taking credit for some incredible ROM that I built from scratch. I want to thank GGuruusa for his help and input over the past couple of years. Also thank you to anyone who had a part in making the Kitchen and/or improving it for the use of the users here. You are welcome to download this ROM for personal use. I will post it on the FTP so the download may be a little slow. I will also post my selections text so that if you want you can save it to the kitchen and add or take away anything you want. If you want to see what is included in the ROM just open one of the selections text and take a look. It will let you know everything that is included. I did not post a selections text for every carrier but the are all identical except for MMS programs.

When you initially install this ROM you will notice a lot of today plug ins on the today screen. Just go to settings>Today>Items and choose which items you wish to have show up on the Today Screen. Uncheck the ones you will not use. Be aware that the more items you have on the Today Screen the less memory you will have. I personally use Today clock and Today Agenda which is included in the ROM. I also use Weatherpanel. It has to be downloaded from here if you wish to use it. You can use whatever you wish on your today screen.

The theme is just the standard theme that loads when you build a ROM from the kitchen without selecting a theme. You can change the theme by going to Start>Settings>today and selecting a them. I use a Diamond theme provided to me by JustPCTech. If you want to use that theme just click the link, download the file to your desktop. Copy the file to a storage card, place the card in your device. Use file explorer to copy the file from your card and past it into the /Windows folder on your device (make sure it is place in the root - /windows). You can also use Active sync to place the file in the windows folder on your device.

If any of you want to post bugs that you find I will attempt to answer your questions but I do not plan to do a lot of changes. I am posting this ROM simply because I have been asked numerous times to build ROMs and/or provide a selections text for my personal ROM.

I use WK Task for my Task Manager. It puts a battery bar over the top bar by default. It can be easily removed by changing the options in WK Task. Just hold your stylus down for a second in the top right corner of the screen and select Preferences. You will find a menu with a lot of preferences you can change.

I did not include HTC Home in this ROM.

*If you choose to try or use this ROM you do so at your own risk. I take no responsibility for damage to your device*

DOWNLOADS:
These files were hosted by PPCgeeks member Passive. Thank you Passive for hosting these files for me.

It appears that Passive stopped hosting the links for my ROMs. Sorry for the inconvience but he didn't let me know. The Roms can be found on the FTP in my folder if you wish to download them. At this point they are a little outdated since 6.5 came out. But here is a link to my folder if you wish to download any of my Roms.
Verizon Version (with Arcsoft MMS)
Alltel Version (with Arcsoft MMS) Faster mirror download
Sprint (with sMMS)
Cricket (with Arcsoft MMS)
US Cellular (no MMS installed)

The files have to be unzipped. Use 7zip. For some reason winzip will not unzip the files correctly.

To install the ROM on your device:

Your device must be unlocked and have a GPS enabled radio. For more instruction on how to unlock see this thread.
Download and unzip the file for the carrier you use. You should have a file named TITAIMG.nbh. You can place that file on a storage card and flash it using the SD method. I have posted the instructions for SD Flashing Method at the bottom of this post. If you do not have a SD card you can rename the file to RUU_signed.nbh and drop it in a RUU and flash it using a cable attached to your USB. There is a link to a RUU posted below. Just copy and paste the file into the RUU folder and connect your device via USB and flash. I also posted the RUU flashing instructions below. Both sets of instructions are copied from my tutorial.
Don't forget to HARD RESET

Instructions from my tutorial for SD Flashing:
Quote:
Flashing your device using the SD method.

1. Card has to be 2gb or less in order to work.
2. Has to be formatted to fat32. To format place the card in a reader and insert reader in your PC. Find the drive that contains the card. Right click the drive and select format. Under file system select fat32. Hit start. Once the format is complete the card is ready to use.
3. Place the file you wish to flash on the SD card. Rename the file to TITAIMG.nbh.
4. Remove the card from the card reader and insert it into your device.
5. On your device press the power, camera and reset buttons at the same for approx. 2 seconds. You will have a grey screen that ask you to press power button to begin. The flash will take around a minute or so. Once the screen reads update complete you need to press reset and the flash should be complete. If you are flashing a radio the device will boot up normal. If you flashed a ROM the phone needs to be hard reset. Press the two soft keys on the front of the device (below the send/end keys) and at the same time press reset.

You can cook a ROM and do the flash with a cable or you can cook the ROM and pull the RUU_signed.nbh out of the kitchen and flash your phone using the SD method.To locate the file that you need from the kitchen go to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.7 Temp and select the file titled RUU_signed.nbh. That is the file you need to place on the SD card to flash.
Instructions for RUU Flashing
Quote:

RUU Flashing

Originally Posted by flyers2114
I don't know if you want to but you may want to add this.....it is another easy way to flash...I still flash this way about 75% of the time......let me know...if not no problem....I ran through it pretty quick so feel free to format it any way you like if you decide to use it....or if I left anything out...

Flashing from a Blank (Noid) RUU:
Here is a blank RUU if you need one.
Step 1: Download any ROM you choose to your desktop. (I save it there but you can save it anywhere you like).
Step2: Extract the downloaded file using WINRar or 7-zip, or any program you choose that will extract a RAR file.
Step 3: Open the RUU. Take the Signed.NBH file that you just extracted and place it in the RUU.
Step 4: Connect your phone to the PC USB.
Step; 5 Place the phone in Boot loader. To perform this, simultaneously hold power, camera, and soft reset hole. (if you did it right the phone will come up with the tri-color screen.) hence boot loader
Step: 6 Run the Rom Update Utility inside the blank RUU.

Step 7: Follow the on-screen prompts on your PC.
Step 8: You will see the progress bar (in %) on the PC and the PPC. When it says finish on your PC you can disconnect and you are done.

Note: Some ROMS require you to take out the battery for 30 seconds and then perform a Hard Reset (Myself have never had to do anything but just pull the battery for about 3 seconds and then do the hard reset.)
Also I immediately delete the signed.nbh file that I placed in the RUU. That way you always have a blank RUU to run additional ROMS.

These are screenshots of my ROM.

If you have any questions about unlocking or flashing please see the tutorial posted in my signature.
Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: txt VZW 20931.txt (4.6 KB, 584 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt Alltel 20931.txt (4.6 KB, 218 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: txt US Cellular 20931.txt (4.6 KB, 172 views) Click for barcode!

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>

Last edited by GaMedic; 05-13-2009 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Update
This post has been thanked 36 times.
Old 09-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: GaMedics VZW ROM (PPCKitchen 20273)

The dialer in this ROM is the stock dialer. I use the dialers by carlos. Check them out if you want a good dialer.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800 - TITAN
Carrier: Verizon

AthensHunter is a n00b

This ROM is excellent! It has most of the programs I use on a daily basis and is very stable.

Many thanks for posting it. I tried to build my own ROM but the kitchen is not working just right - yet.

Last edited by AthensHunter; 09-14-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Your wecome. I hope it keeps working well for you. If you ever have any issues with the memory getting low you can run Clear Temp from programs then do a soft reset and it will recover well. It also helps to hide the ext ROM and then change the settings in messaging to save email attatchments to you storage card.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

302 views and no comments?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casio G'zOne Commando
Carrier: Verizon

Retired Marine is just getting started

I follow several threads for information, not necessarily to try something new. When my current flash starts to crap out, yours is on the list of things to try. I generally collect stuff for a rainy day, what with being retired and all (never been so busy in all my life)!

To you and all the other contributors here, I say "Thanks!"
Old 09-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea, I think people are finally at the point were they have found a rom they like, and are burned out of reflashing for the time being. I have my phone at stock because I need to send it back to sprint soon. as long as SBR doesn't send out a new update, or no2chems gets outta beta in the interum, I will give your rom a shot.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

how much memory does this boot with and what programs does it come with?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

The amount of memory it boots with depends on what today selections you have. I boot at around 20mb. If you want to see what is in it just look at the selections text. I didn't want to take up a bunch of room and post everything in it. You can put the selections text in the kitchen project folder and open it in the kitchen and add or remove what you want. I basically just posted this because a lot of people send me messages to build them a ROM or provide my ROM for them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:46 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMedic View Post
302 views and no comments?
I have Alltel.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development