PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
Make NueRom Unified Kitchen's work in new build os for existing NueRom kitchen users

[Edit by GGuruUSA - fixed instructions for latest kitchen are here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=24

Revised information Build 20931 Aku 1.5.0 12/01/08

Ok so if you have the new build os and are having issues getting it to work with no2chems kitchen, below are the steps to make it happen. Also want to thank Gguru for the additional help on making it work.

Extract the No2chem_Titan_Core and nueROM3_Selections_Projects

(The No2chem_Titan_Core zipped archive only has NueROM3_Selections.txt and kitchen_config.txt in the zip archive. The nueROM3_Selections_Projects zipped archive only has the Projects NueRom3_Selections.txt file in it. )

Copy the two extracted files, NueROM3_Selections.txt and kitchen_config.txt from the no2chem Titan Core archive to your no2chem_Titan_Core folder and overwrite the two files which are already in there.

The file path should be somewhat of the following:

Windows OS which are x86 the file path should be
C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\NueRom\no2ch em_Titan_Core

Windows OS which are x64 the file path should be
C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\no2chem_Tita n_Core

Now download the attached No2chem NuRom3 Working Clean Titan Sprint Selections.txt and copy it the to the Projects folder of the PPCkitchen.

C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects

C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects

Now open build os and select No2chem NuRom3 Working Clean Titan Sprint Selections.txt and you will also have all the PPCkitchen shareware and other Oem's. You may have duplicate oem errors. Just click ok and you will still have a booting rom. (WANRING DO NOT UN SELECT ANY OF No2Chem's OEM's which I pre selected otherwise chances are it will not boot) If you get annoyed by the duplicate oem's which I have then you need to go into PPCkitchen_OEM.rar and delete the duplicate oem's. If you still have issues I will be more than happy to help.

Screenshots on file paths on a Windows OS x64 bit system Below. The two attached are two 2560x1600 screen shots to help you along.

If you didn't notice from Gguru edit the new build os requires changing the kitchen_config.txt Please read my post below for the fix.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=24

Also if you are having a carrier error issue when starting build os with sprint please download the attached Carriers_Sprint and then replace the directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\NueRom\no2ch em_Titan_Carriers
You will not have the (x86) in the path if you are running a 32 bit OS.
Do not simply overwrite it, delete the existing Carriers_Sprint and then copy the extracted attachment to the directory.

Cheers,

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 12-04-2008 at 02:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:09 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: How to make NueRom Kitchen work in new build os (Good Instructions)

I just wanted to apologize for my bad thread.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

If anyone wants to change some of their sys icons and taskbar icons grab the goodies below.

Basically extract the zipped contents below which contain shellres.96.dll and tapres.96.dll folders.

On a 64bit OS navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\NueRom\no2ch em_SYS_DPI_96
Go into the Base_DPI_96 folder and overwrite the shellres.96.dll folder with the one you downloaded and extracted
Now go into the Redist_DPI_96 folder and overwrite the tapres.96.dll folder with the one you downloaded and extracted
Cook you new rom and enjoy the new taskbar and system icons.

On a 32bit OS navigate to C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\NueRom\no2ch em_SYS_DPI_96
Go into the Base_DPI_96 folder and overwrite the shellres.96.dll folder with the one you downloaded and extracted
Now go into the Redist_DPI_96 folder and overwrite the tapres.96.dll folder with the one you downloaded and extracted
Cook you new rom and enjoy the new taskbar and system icons.

Below are some screen shots with no2chem's 931 base

Cheers,

Mikee

Last edited by mikee4fun; 12-04-2008 at 02:43 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BlackDobe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I just wanted to apologize for my bad thread.
Because of your bad thread I kicked a baby.

j/k. At least you're out there tryin to help - which is more than I can say for some others.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

tbhall77 is just getting started
Re: How to make NueRom3 Kitchen work in new build os (Good Instructions)

These instructions worked for me.

Thank you!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Re: How to make No2Chem's Kitchen's work in new build os (Good Instructions)

Did not work for me. For some reason the .txt files that come bundled work better, except for the error everyone else is getting about the version number.

Your .txt files give me an error stating that the no2chem generic oem is missing, carriers, core is missing, titanvogue missing.....

Odd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Ok so if you have the new build os and are having issues getting it to work with no2chems kitchen, below are the steps to make it happen. Also want to thank Gguru for the additional help on making it work.

Extract the No2chem_Titan_Core and nueROM3_Selections_Projects

(The No2chem_Titan_Core zipped archive only has NueROM3_Selections.txt and kitchen_config.txt in the zip archive. The nueROM3_Selections_Projects zipped archive only has the Projects NueRom3_Selections.txt file in it. )

Copy the two extracted files, NueROM3_Selections.txt and kitchen_config.txt from the no2chem Titan Core archive to your no2chem_Titan_Core folder and overwrite the two files which are already in there.

C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\NueRom\no2ch em_Titan_Core

C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\no2chem_Tita n_Core

Now copy the extracted file nueROM3_Selections.txt from the nueROM3_Selections_Projects extracted archive and overwrite the existing file in the Projects folder of the PPCkitchen.

C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects

C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Projects

Now open build os and select nueROM3_Selections.txt and you will also have all the PPCkitchen shareware and other Oem's. If you still have issues I will be more than happy to help.

Screenshots on file paths on a Windows OS x64 bit system Below. The two screenshots on preview are really too hard to see so attached are two 2560x1600 screen shots to help you along.

Cheers,

Mikee

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133

Last edited by toviaheli; 11-16-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
Did not work for me. For some reason the .txt files that come bundled work better, except for the error everyone else is getting about the version number.

Your .txt files give me an error stating that the no2chem generic oem is missing, carriers, core is missing, titanvogue missing.....

Odd...
This is a new problem with the unified kitchen and not with no2chem's old kitchens. You just have to ignore it and it still works. I have not PMed No2chem on it yet as I have been away for the weekend. I tried other sprint oem carrier files from the ppckitchen and it still does not work. So the fix for now is to click ok and then select sprint and everything works. Very strange.

Mikee
Old 11-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I think I'll just wait. I would prefer to have something that doesn't take a lot of moving files back and forth. No big deal. I'll try out his M for a few days and see how I like it.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: US Cellular

RavenII is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to RavenII

So just to be clear, these directions don't apply to the newest kitchen correct?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenII View Post
So just to be clear, these directions don't apply to the newest kitchen correct?
Yes they do. They are for all up to date NueRom Kitchens for the Titan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development