PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to make No2Chem's Kitchen's work in new build os (Good Instructions)

thanks, the kitties strike again!

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

scottmail is becoming a great contributor

I keep getting the error:

"ROM folder does not exist

ROM\XIP"

That is all the error says. I uninstalled Buildos. I deleted everything in the Buildos folder and still get that error. Anyone have a solution.

Thanks

#######################

Nevermind...forgot to copy the files over. !@#$#@

Last edited by scottmail; 11-21-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

beaseac is a n00b

I tried this fix but can not get it to work... apparently the PPCKitchen has been upgraded to .09.04... how can I get the nueRom to work with the new buildos?

Last edited by beaseac; 11-26-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaseac View Post
I tried this fix but can not get it to work... apparently the PPCKitchen has been upgraded to .09.04... how can I get the nueRom to work with the new buildos?
For the new build os .9.05 Replace the kitchen_config.txt file in your
C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\NueRom\no2ch em_Titan_Core

Overwrite it and it should work. It should look like the following.

KitchenConfigVersion=.90.04

RGUOrder=ModuleOrder

Kitchen=nueROM3_Titan
KitchenVersion=v3.00

KitchenROMDeviceType=Titan
KitchenROMOSType=WM6.1

RomDir=ROM
ModuleDir=SYS
BuildID=No2Chem_nueROM3
XipFilename=Titan,No2Chem_nueROM3,xip_patch_20931. bin

UnselectedItemBackColor1=0
UnselectedItemBackColor2=0
SelectedItemBackColor1=00000000
SelectedItemBackColor2=00000000
ExcludedItemBackColor1=00000000
ExcludedItemBackColor2=00000000
RequiredItemBackColor1=00000000
RequiredItemBackColor2=00000000
BackgroundColor=FFFFFFFF
BackgroundImage=titan.png
FontColor=FF000000

DefaultSelections=nueROM3_selections.txt

Thanks to GGURU and MikeyRoms for the additional help
Attached Files
File Type: zip kitchen_config.zip (422 Bytes, 87 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 11-28-2008 at 06:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hmm... even with this, I haven't gotten it to work. I spoke to GGuru for a while about it, and tried leaving all options as default when building, but it still threw some errors when loading (some xml error, failed to find sprint carrier stuff, etc), and after flashing it fails to boot past the splash screen.
Some other folks in the chat tried to figure this out together with me, and we seem to run into the same problems- so far none of us have gotten this sucker to boot, and we always get suspicious errors when loading the selections (probably related).

Mikee, have you gotten this to work from scratch? Perhaps you should re-articulate the steps in more detail, because some of us are not having the same results as you. I'm not sure where the discrepancy is.

How about this- Don't assume we've had the previous no2chem kitchens running, but someone who wants to run the new 206 basekit in the new BuildOS for the first time. I think a lot of Titan users are trying nueRom's kitchen for the first time now because of the camera/memory mode option. It took me a few minutes before I realized where all the files were supposed to be unpacked to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
For the new build os .9.05 Replace the kitchen_config.txt file in your
C:\Program Files (x86)\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\NueRom\no2ch em_Titan_Core

Overwrite it and it should work. It should look like the following.

KitchenConfigVersion=.90.04

RGUOrder=ModuleOrder

Kitchen=nueROM3_Titan
KitchenVersion=v3.00

KitchenROMDeviceType=Titan
KitchenROMOSType=WM6.1

RomDir=ROM
ModuleDir=SYS
BuildID=No2Chem_nueROM3
XipFilename=Titan,No2Chem_nueROM3,xip_patch_20931. bin

UnselectedItemBackColor1=0
UnselectedItemBackColor2=0
SelectedItemBackColor1=00000000
SelectedItemBackColor2=00000000
ExcludedItemBackColor1=00000000
ExcludedItemBackColor2=00000000
RequiredItemBackColor1=00000000
RequiredItemBackColor2=00000000
BackgroundColor=FFFFFFFF
BackgroundImage=titan.png
FontColor=FF000000

DefaultSelections=nueROM3_selections.txt

Thanks to GGURU and MikeyRoms for the additional help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-Titan

lilk1d777 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lilk1d777

like the previous poster i am also stuck at the boot up splash screen.....

Last edited by lilk1d777; 12-01-2008 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Hmm... even with this, I haven't gotten it to work. I spoke to GGuru for a while about it, and tried leaving all options as default when building, but it still threw some errors when loading (some xml error, failed to find sprint carrier stuff, etc), and after flashing it fails to boot past the splash screen.
Some other folks in the chat tried to figure this out together with me, and we seem to run into the same problems- so far none of us have gotten this sucker to boot, and we always get suspicious errors when loading the selections (probably related).

Mikee, have you gotten this to work from scratch? Perhaps you should re-articulate the steps in more detail, because some of us are not having the same results as you. I'm not sure where the discrepancy is.

How about this- Don't assume we've had the previous no2chem kitchens running, but someone who wants to run the new 206 basekit in the new BuildOS for the first time. I think a lot of Titan users are trying nueRom's kitchen for the first time now because of the camera/memory mode option. It took me a few minutes before I realized where all the files were supposed to be unpacked to...
This post was not intended for new users of NueRom kitchen. I updated the title. When I get a chance I will make a new thread for New users for NueRom kitchen. Why don't you use my selections above which I posted here below. You may have some other errors for duplicate oem's but just click ok on through. If you do not want duplicate oem errors, for windows llive, remotedesktop, and one notes. Go into the PPCkitchen_OEM.rar and delete them. Next time you update kitchen files you may need to go back into PPCkitchen_OEM.rar and re delete the oem's again. I also provided what should be a clean selections as well. I am in a rush this morning but they should both be booting selections. Please let me know your results.

Cheers,

Mikee

Last edited by mikee4fun; 12-01-2008 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
This post was not intended for new users of NueRom kitchen. I updated the title. When I get a chance I will make a new thread for New users for NueRom kitchen. Why don't you use my selections above which I posted here below. You may have some other errors for duplicate oem's but just click ok on through. If you do not want duplicate oem errors, for windows llive, remotedesktop, and one notes. Go into the PPCkitchen_OEM.rar and delete them. Next time you update kitchen files you may need to go back into PPCkitchen_OEM.rar and re delete the oem's again. I also provided what should be a clean selections as well. I am in a rush this morning but they should both be booting selections. Please let me know your results.

Cheers,

Mikee
Duplicate OEMs I'm not worried about. I have many of my own versions of oems that overwrite files all the time (I could remove the originals, but everytime the kitchen oems update I'd have to do it again). I'm aware those are harmless.
Its the other errors that seem more serious (I'll post the exact syntax of the error when I'm back home in front of it), and seem to prevent it from building a properly booting rom (something about carrier OEM and xml error).

I believe that I tried your settings first, and when it didn't work, consulted GGuru. Gave up after a couple of hours without a working rom.

I'll try your selections again tonight. Looking forward to making this work...
Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: How to make NueRom Kitchen's work in new build os for existing NueRom kitchen use

For giggles, I downloaded no2's basekit, made the afformentioned changes (xipfilename change and config version change), and made a rom. Worked fine, once you take into accout no2 has put an option.xml in every friggen sys/oem package.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: How to make NueRom Kitchen's work in new build os for existing NueRom kitchen use

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
For giggles, I downloaded no2's basekit, made the afformentioned changes (xipfilename change and config version change), and made a rom. Worked fine, once you take into accout no2 has put an option.xml in every friggen sys/oem package.
Did you flash it to a phone and boot with it?
Mine built too, but it didn't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development