PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell Mobility

nuelo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to make No2Chem's Kitchen's work in new build os (Good Instructions)

Is there a difference between no2chem's ROM and the "Titan WM6.1 build 20924" that comes with the PPCKitchen? Back when I flashed no2chem 5060 PPCKitchen was some what integrated with no2chem. Have they broken up?
Radio Version: 3.42.50
SPL: nueSPL 2.47
"To copy ideas from one person is plagiarism. To copy ideas from many people is research."
Old 11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: US Cellular

RavenII is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to RavenII

It doesn't work with the 206 kitchen...different files all together.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenII View Post
It doesn't work with the 206 kitchen...different files all together.
Can you elaborate on " it doesn't work" because no2chem's 206 kitchen does work in the PPC Build OS kitchen, you just need to know where to place the files. You get a couple of errors on the new kitchen do to duplicate oem's and you can either delete the duplicate oem's or just ignore the duplicate errors and still build. If you do not use my attached files you will only get two errors which you can ignore as well and build.

One error which you have to ignore which will come up when you select nueROM3_Selections.txt and it will say Internal Error- Option.xml GUID not found (Sprint 3.35-(cb1f2f17-8da5-4115-a50b-f8da42c19e14)
Simple Ccick ok and then you will then have a second screen which will say Module not found -cb1f2f17-8da5-4115-a50b-f8da42c19e14, OEMOPERATORS), Module not found errors are typically caused by an update, Reselect the OEM and save. Click ok and ignore that too. I am trying to find the issue which those two problems and have not found a fix yet. You can still build however and the rom will boot.
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 11-17-2008 at 02:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I can't seem to get past this when cooking:

"ROM Folder does not exists.

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.30Temp\ROM\XIP\ "

Once I make the folder, I get this error after BuildOS runs for a bit:

"kitchens\PPCkitchen_OEM.rar

File Create error"

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133

Last edited by toviaheli; 11-17-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: US Cellular

RavenII is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to RavenII

If that's the case, it works fine. I get multiple errors with the files that come with it, I put the files in the right place, and used the stock kitchen_config.txt and selections.txt, and like you said, you get GUID errors and that sprint error...that's it...so I guess it works fine then.

Quick question though, Why 20748b vs. 20931?

Last edited by RavenII; 11-17-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
I can't seem to get past this when cooking:

"ROM Folder does not exists.

C:\Documents and Settings\...\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.30Temp\ROM\XIP\ "

Once I make the folder, I get this error after BuildOS runs for a bit:

"kitchens\PPCkitchen_OEM.rar

File Create error"
I am not sure what you mean by make the folder you get the File Create error. Do you mean the NueRom folder in the Kitchen folder? As for File Create errror I hate that darn error, I got it in the past. The way I won out on it was to uninstall build os. Then manually delete the ppckitchen directory. I then re downloaded build os and re installed the base packages. Sucks but that what got it working for me. You can also attempt to use Ccleaner to delete all temp logs as sometimes it seemed that that helped too.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

scrawnyb is a n00b

Just a heads up for everyone, and wanted to see if anyone can replicate this e rror.

Whenever you remove VoIP and VoIPOS packages from the Kitchen, Bluetooth no longer works.

Would someone else mind trying this?
Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I will try when I have time. People really use that on CDMA phones? Interesting....
Old 11-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
I will try when I have time. People really use that on CDMA phones? Interesting....
I'd use that if I could get it to work.
I would love to use the VOIP settings for my office phone so I could make calls from my cell!

Last edited by toviaheli; 11-18-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:34 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
If you do not use my attached files you will only get two errors which you can ignore as well and build.

One error which you have to ignore which will come up when you select nueROM3_Selections.txt and it will say Internal Error- Option.xml GUID not found (Sprint 3.35-(cb1f2f17-8da5-4115-a50b-f8da42c19e14)
Simple Ccick ok and then you will then have a second screen which will say Module not found -cb1f2f17-8da5-4115-a50b-f8da42c19e14, OEMOPERATORS), Module not found errors are typically caused by an update, Reselect the OEM and save. Click ok and ignore that too. I am trying to find the issue which those two problems and have not found a fix yet. You can still build however and the rom will boot.
fyi it appears this error is truly harmless. the culprit is in C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Kitchens\nueROM\no2ch em_Titan_Carriers\Carriers_Sprint\Option.xml
it contains 2 GUID's
Code:
<Item name="Sprint 3.35" group="Carriers (Pick One)" checked="false">
    <Tip></Tip>
    <Guid type="p">110a1202-f5ca-49bd-90e3-3cf58e40a2b8</Guid>
    <Guid type="i">cb1f2f17-8da5-4115-a50b-f8da42c19e14</Guid>
<CarrierModule name="Sprint">SPCS_001        </CarrierModule>
  </Item>
the easy way to fix is simply extract \carriers_sprint from the \Kitchens\Carriers_Titan.rar
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development