PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800, Alltel TP Raphael 800
Carrier: Vz

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Thanks, GaMedic. So to help clarify my noobish understanding, does the issue of needing a new Akey only relate to those who initially enable GPS while currently on an active plan with Verizon, and therefore flashing an inactive phone to enable GPS before putting the phone on Verizon does not require a new Akey? Or perhaps does needing a new Akey only apply to those wanting to use VZ Navigator, Telenav, or some other aGPS app that's assisted by cell towers?
Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I doubt you will need a new akey. If you do then just swap the flashed phone for a non used verizon phone online. I never have to call for a key anymore after installing radio or downgrading to remove gps block. I have to downgrade every new replacement phone I get and I never have a problem because I swap phones either online or *228 option 3
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

tedejablake is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to tedejablake

My computer won't let me install ".net framework Version 2.0." is 3.0 acceptable to use instead, or is there something else i can do?
Old 10-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

what are you talking about.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

tedejablake is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to tedejablake

i'm trying to unlock my mogul to install one of lastest builds of Windows Mobile 6.5

following the directions

The first thing you need to do is to setup. You will need to do or have the following items before you flash your device. Some are common sense things but I will list them anyway.

1. A computer running Windows XP or Windows Vista. I run XP so I don’t know how to instruct those of you running Vista, but if someone would post the steps in the same format I am using I will be glad to add it to the tutorial and give you the proper credit. Make sure that your computer has an open USB port. I wouldn’t try flashing with your USB cable attached to a USB hub. No technical reason that I can give you, I just wouldn’t do it personally.
2. You also need to download and install the .net framework Version 2.0.
3. Download and install Active sync version 4.5 or higher. It can be downloaded here as a free download. Make sure you back up your calendar and contacts using Active Sync or another back up program such as PIM backup. If you are running Vista you will not download Active Sync. (Again I am not familiar with Vista)
4. A mini USB cable. One end should fit in the USB port on your PC and one end in the mini USB on your PPC. You may also choose to use a SD card to flash your ROM's. More information will be given on that method later.

My computer downloads .net framework Version 2.0. but will not install it; i've tried copying it to my phone and installing it there but it says it's not a valid windows mobile application.

any thoughts on what i can do??

Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Mr. Chevy

ignore it unless it is a problem later. I don't understand why it is needed.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

joeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good workjoeblow789 is keeping up the good work
Thumbs down Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedejablake View Post
My computer won't let me install ".net framework Version 2.0." is 3.0 acceptable to use instead, or is there something else i can do?
Currently, I have ZERO experience with flashing WinMo devices, and defer to drewcam888's judgement. However, if you decide you do want/need DotNet, version 3.5 is the latest non-beta and includes version 2.0.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Once installed, be sure to run Windows Update repeatedly until it stops offering updates/patches to DotNet.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow789 View Post
Thanks, GaMedic. So to help clarify my noobish understanding, does the issue of needing a new Akey only relate to those who initially enable GPS while currently on an active plan with Verizon, and therefore flashing an inactive phone to enable GPS before putting the phone on Verizon does not require a new Akey? Or perhaps does needing a new Akey only apply to those wanting to use VZ Navigator, Telenav, or some other aGPS app that's assisted by cell towers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I doubt you will need a new akey...
Just wanted to bring things full circle, I finally got around to unlocking my GPS. I don't know if it's relevant, but I did it on an unlocked XV6800 with no phone service. GPS still works after activating the phone on Page Plus (Verizon network), no akey issues. Thanks to all for their assistance.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

outlaw.99 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to outlaw.99

Great info...I may actually try to unlock and try some of these nice Roms....If all else fails I at least have some Moto Q`s to fall back on...heh
Old 01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

red71rum is a n00b

I have not tried installing a ROM on my sprint mogul and realize that I have to unlock it first. How do I know if my mogul has a gps enabled(I never used it on my mogul). I have the last official Sprint rom installed on my mogul btw.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development