PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoungidy View Post
I went to the mall and they have free wireless internet access which is not a linksys access point and I connected fine. I also went to Ihop to eat and they have a linksys wireless access point and my phone doesn't see it either. My friend who was with me has a PPC 6700 and connected no problem so I just assumed it was just linksys. I know that I haven't tested extensively, but I didn't have a problem at home with my router until I upgraded to the new firmware. I'm wondering if that's the problem. My computer connects fine...otherwise I wouldn't be able to post to this thread, but my phone doesn't see anything, even if I broadcast the SSID and disable security...
Weird, but i gotcha.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

My wifi is just plained fried. I tryed 2.2 Pre 8, 5069k and the latest official rom. My WIFI doesn't work consistantly with any of them. It will work for short periods of time when my phone is cool. The minute it gets warm, nothing. I think I need to use the protection plan. Ack.

Kevan
Old 07-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

anyone know why i cant change the hhc icons in pre8? im trying to use the vista icons but every time i try to save they dont save... maybe i shouldnt post this here? anyways thanks
Old 07-25-2008, 02:30 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
My wifi is just plained fried. I tryed 2.2 Pre 8, 5069k and the latest official rom. My WIFI doesn't work consistantly with any of them. It will work for short periods of time when my phone is cool. The minute it gets warm, nothing. I think I need to use the protection plan. Ack.

Kevan
not that I doubt it's fried, but another tidbit I'm not sure everyone is aware of.
the bluetooth and wifi antenna are located on the bottom corner, scroll wheel side. http://i1.tinypic.com/6xicyyx.jpg

I find that's where my hand is while holding the phone, also
a drop on this corner could mess with the antenna,
but working while cool and not when hot, does seem to point to a bad chip.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor

i tried to P.M. this to you NO2CHEM :
would like it if you can PM me an answerso as to not clutter things up more than necessary TIA! :
I am wondering which are the last 2 roms u did with mobile 6.0?
I got my phone in march, and have yet to have 6.1 work well...
I am wondering if you also know which is the last rom you did that has SKYPE working on it?
I KNOW i had one of your awesome (KISS KISS) roms and want to know if you can remember which one SKYPE was last seen alive...
THANK YOU man!.. Always glad to see that someone cares enough to mess around with something to improve it. I used to do it to video games when i was a teenager 0-)
Thank you!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 AM
calash

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just thought I would share my experience so far. I decided to give a different Rom flavor a go, and went from a cooked DCD 3.2.3 to this. I loaded using the SD card method and it went very smooth.

Note: Make sure to follow the directions, especially the pulling of the battery and hard reset.

I normally cook my own roms, so loading a pre-built one was a bit exciting as I was not sure what I would get. The rom is very fast, and with all my bloated "Must Have" apps I am floating around 12-17MB free.

The Keylock app takes some getting use to, and even though it says you can use the hardware switch it does not work. I have not spent much time on it so far so it may be a simple configuration change.

All the utilities and applets are great. The little touches are very nice.

My only complaint is that I can no longer multi-select emails to delete them. It is probably just a setting somewhere but I have not had time to hunt it down.

Great job
Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I re-read the thread and I don't see any complaints of this... (I could have missed it.) Anyone else having problems connecting to WIFI access points? When I enable wifi, no access points show up in the list. Wifi is active... the little icon shows at the top. Any ideas?

This is on 2.2 Pre 8

Kevan

my WiFi stopped working on No2 stuff a long time ago
Old 07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
LOL. I wish all of us could say that the closing applications problem didn't happen on previous builds!

Still, it is nice to have another confirmation of the problem in this particular build!
#1 annoyance for windows mobile IMO.

I don't like my apps mysteriously disappearing.. especially music players when I'm trying to listen to the damn song. If there is infact some setting that allows wm to try and be smart at closing apps it NEEDS to be DISABLED.

People always seem to shy away from this problem saying it doesn't happen or maybe they're just used to it... Honestly, memory management and overall speed is really starting to urk me about these devices and I'm not sure if it's specific to the 6800 or if other wm devices experience the same behavior.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff

can someone provide a mirror link to the the new no2chem rom? i cant find one, and the ftp has not been working. thanks

Old 07-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
can someone provide a mirror link to the the new no2chem rom? i cant find one, and the ftp has not been working. thanks
heh, here ya go:

Quote:
I just realized that with the 2.1 thread closed, there is no link to the HTTP Mirror of 2.2 Pre 8. Here is the link:

http://www.geek-pages.com/rom/downlo...-5770-pre8.rar

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development